Official College Basketball Thread

He would be the best point guard in the big 10 starting on the bench for the 2 best teams in the Big 10.

Collins would not start for OSU or Wisconsin, so he would be in the exact same situation as he is at Kansas.

Well actually Kansas should be starting him so perhaps first he needs to prove that he is the best pg on his team before he can be the best pg in a superior conference?

I dont know baby steps?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins would not start over Flowers who is the best on ball defender on Wisconsin.

Bo Ryan just would not start a player who was a freshman unless 1 of 2 things:

A) The upper classmen were clearly inferior

B) The frosh was the next coming of Isaiah/ Magic.

And most importantly in the swing offense:

Assist to turnover/

86 38 for flowers

I actually think that Taylor would be benched first before flowers, just because of all the different things.

But as for right now I think Collins would come off the bench, just because hes a Frosh.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
Collins would not start over Flowers who is the best on ball defender on Wisconsin.

Bo Ryan just would not start a player who was a freshman unless 1 of 2 things:

A) The upper classmen were clearly inferior

B) The frosh was the next coming of Isaiah/ Magic.

And most importantly in the swing offense:

Assist to turnover/

86 38 for flowers

I actually think that Taylor would be benched first before flowers, just because of all the different things.

But as for right now I think Collins would come off the bench, just because hes a Frosh.

i guess that sounds fair....

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 10:26 PM)
Sherron Collins what a man.....thanks for dressing up in black and making all that noise Kstate....now go home...

Rock chalk.

Did not like the way JuJu played at all last night, but I guess I have to complain about something. Make that 2 dozen in a row in Manhattan.

Also, I completely agree from a chemistry standpoint, Self would be a fool to insert Collins in the starting lineup at this point in the season, especially with the way they have been playing. Right now and into March, we will have the deepest team in the nation. Russell may not have the stats, but the guy is clearly the smartest player and best decision maker on the team.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 11:52 AM)
Did not like the way JuJu played at all last night, but I guess I have to complain about something. Make that 2 dozen in a row in Manhattan.

Also, I completely agree from a chemistry standpoint, Self would be a fool to insert Collins in the starting lineup at this point in the season, especially with the way they have been playing. Right now and into March, we will have the deepest team in the nation. Russell may not have the stats, but the guy is clearly the smartest player and best decision maker on the team.

Most importantly, Robinson is our best defender, he shuts down his opposition. KU has been using alot of 3 gaurd sets, and even threw in a 3-2 zone yesterday. JuJu needed to play like a big yesterday, Darrell stepped up in his presence. Some wil argue, UNC has a deeper bench, KU is just as equal if not better. I love how Kstate threw condoms and live chickens at the ku bench. My favortie is they actually created a Chant sheet(ala duke). One of the chants was Dead beat Dad to Rush...the only problem is the dead beat dad is giles...they are really dumb.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
Most importantly, Robinson is our best defender, he shuts down his opposition. KU has been using alot of 3 gaurd sets, and even threw in a 3-2 zone yesterday. JuJu needed to play like a big yesterday, Darrell stepped up in his presence. Some wil argue, UNC has a deeper bench, KU is just as equal if not better. I love how Kstate threw condoms and live chickens at the ku bench. My favortie is they actually created a Chant sheet(ala duke). One of the chants was Dead beat Dad to Rush...the only problem is the dead beat dad is giles...they are really dumb.

Heard about that... LOl, its a good thing they were all wearing black, because that place quickly turned into a funeral. I love how they actually "expected" to win this game.... because of Huggins litt'l prediction. I guess now all the purple farmers can take their chickens out to the shed, because the Jayhawks just went Bauer on thier azz. 24. :cheers

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 19, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
Collins would not be better that Conley, but he's still really good.

Oh, and Misery State missed last years dance exclusively due to being a Valley team, regardless of what the lying, stupid committee says.

Why did I not expect this nugget of intelligence coming from your keyboard?

It's funny how you know more than everyone else, including the committee who live the process. Well, sad more so than funny.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 20, 2007 -> 04:39 AM)
It is stated repeatedly that conference affiliation has nothing to do with whether a team makes it, at least in terms of how many other teams from that conference have already made it. The committee has stated that for years. Now, they open up the process to the USBWA and the writers after better understanding the process echo the same. Andy Katz, Jay Bilas and others have no reason to lie about the process.

So at what point are people going to start believing them? I'd say this would be a good place to start.

The tournament committee selects teams, not conferences. They select teams based on this year and not on past year's success or failures in the tournament. How about we all just move past all of the prior misconceptions and take the process for what it really is, no longer championing the conspiracy theories that the committee lies to us?

First let me say that I think the SC does a great job.

Second, as insiders who attended the cited press selection alluded too, they will let human nature in their way. No, they won't openly discuss how many from where are getting in, but I can guarantee you they all think about it and this may change their opinion of a team. Just look at that Missouri State team and give me a reason why they were not not in last year. There were no blemishes on their resume.

They also claim that schools who have representatives on the SC see no benefits from that. We both know history does not back that up.

Let's just put it this way, the SC is good, but not perfect.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Wisconsin can only blame themselves. I dont care what Neitzel did, Wisconsin failed to score for 7 minutes basically to end the game (outside the Bohannon drive and Taylor put back).

All they needed to do was score what 10 points over that stretch and they win the game?

They blew it, terrible shot selection at certain points. Flowers would make a great defensive play and then force it on offense and give it right back.

Cant say that I dont wish they had won, but that offensive performance was pretty bad.

On the other hand the good news is:

MSU rushed the court on us (haha I wish there was a statistic about court stormings)

The OSU game is no longer well if we lose we split the series and maybe still get a 1 seed. I actually prefer Wisconsins back against the wall in this game.

Since no one else can beat OSU, guess Wisconsin will have to do it twice. (Hopefully Ryan sees some of the things that went wrong against MSU and fixes them. The biggest problem was early Wisconsin was on fire from 3 so they started to shoot 3's in the 2nd when it might have been wiser to just grind it out and get the easier buckets. Especially with MSU being so strong on the glass.)

On a side note, im not really a basketball rules guy so what are you exactly allowed to do boxing out?

The MSU guys were just pushing Wisconsin players out of bounds with both of their hands, is that generally legal? Or was this just a physical game?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 02:10 AM)
On a side note, im not really a basketball rules guy so what are you exactly allowed to do boxing out?

I was always taught that pretty much everything is 'fair game' in boxing out. So long as you don't use your hands to grab the player and hold him behind you, no foul should be called. Obviously if you intentfully undercut someone you're probably going to get whistled, or if you take out the shooter in a rough way (or if you hit him before he hits the ground from his shot).

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 04:02 AM)
Badgers a very blah team...I would love to play them.

The door to a kansas 1 seed is opening up more and more by the day.

They would beat you guys no questions asked.

And have you looked at the RPI lately? Kansas is not getting a one seed.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood