Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
In other news, Illinois is actually playing a basketball game tonight vs Michigan at 8:00. And thanks to ESPNU, I will have to venture to a bar or restaurant to watch it.

Thats the stupidest thing ever, ESPNU sucks

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 06:06 PM)
In other news, Illinois is actually playing a basketball game tonight vs Michigan at 8:00. And thanks to ESPNU, I will have to venture to a bar or restaurant to watch it.

Yup, go to hell ESPNU

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
Thats the stupidest thing ever, ESPNU sucks

Yeah, we're all supposed to call our cable company and complain, you know the espnu tagline.

WCIA in champaign even tried to buy the game for champaign, and nada. ESPN is pathetic.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 07:33 AM)
The Missouri Valley keeps cannibalizing itself, much to the delight of the Selection Committee. Last night Bradley lost to UNI in Peoria, Wichita State lost to Missouri State in Wichita, and Creighton lost to Illinois State in Bloomington-Normal. Creighton is picking one heck of a time to fall apart.

To the delight of the Selection Committee? Which Committee members have you had lunch with that echoed this sentiment?

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
To the delight of the Selection Committee? Which Committee members have you had lunch with that echoed this sentiment?

Im just messing around, I know there isnt a selection committee conspiracy. I should have put it in green.

SIU with 10 in a row, outright valley champs.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Feb 21, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
yeah they lost to Missouri at home and although Missouri is underrated, they are not that good. They have struggled mighty bad down the stretch.

They have 0 true road wins, ZERO. That's just pathetic and I don't think a team with absolutely no wins on the road can be a NCAA tourny team.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 05:24 AM)
All things considered, I was really impressed with the Illini win tonight. Just win the next 2, they won't leave a 22-9 (10-6) team from the Big 10 out of it. A split (ie loss at Iowa, they'll win at Penn State) and you gotta get a win in Chicago IMO to assure a bid.

i'd agree with that. i also am not real confident in either of these two final games. we never play well at iowa (even the dee, deron, lu team struggled there) so i would almost write that one off. even penn state is shaky in my mind. that same group is essentially the one that beat us last year in champaign. and although they're record blows, they have played better of late.

but, nice win last night. good to have a game to talk about for a day or two.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:28 PM)
I bet a friend 5 bucks that Iowa won't make the NCAA tournament, what do you guys think?

They may very well win the Big 10 tourney solely to spite me.

Russell Robinson out for ISU @ KU.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:42 AM)
i'd agree with that. i also am not real confident in either of these two final games. we never play well at iowa (even the dee, deron, lu team struggled there) so i would almost write that one off. even penn state is shaky in my mind. that same group is essentially the one that beat us last year in champaign. and although they're record blows, they have played better of late.

but, nice win last night. good to have a game to talk about for a day or two.

They won by double figures at Iowa in both 03-04 and 04-05. The game they actually struggled against Iowa was in Assembly Hall.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:32 PM)
Its full time sherron time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay!!!!!

I expect a competitve game, but the Colorado game scared the poo outta me. I still think we have a *chance* to win on Saturday, but only cause it's Kansas. Either way, here's too a good game.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
I expect a competitve game, but the Colorado game scared the poo outta me. I still think we have a *chance* to win on Saturday, but only cause it's Kansas. Either way, here's too a good game.

I think we pummell, just because we are on a tear. I am excited to see Rod Stewart and Case get more minutes.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 09:32 PM)
They won by double figures at Iowa in both 03-04 and 04-05. The game they actually struggled against Iowa was in Assembly Hall.

yeah, i do remember winning by double digits at iowa, but those were games where we struggled then pulled away late. last year's game there was just horrid to watch.

Iowa (outside of winning the B-10 tourney) will not make the NCAA.

Right now from the Big 10 I have the following:

Wisconsin, OSU (Locks)

Indiana (in barring meltdown)

MSU, Illinois (In as long as they win atleast 50% of remaining games)

Purdue, Iowa (bubble, need to really impress, basically beat either Wisconsin/OSU in BTT)

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
Iowa (outside of winning the B-10 tourney) will not make the NCAA.

Right now from the Big 10 I have the following:

Wisconsin, OSU (Locks)

Indiana (in barring meltdown)

MSU, Illinois (In as long as they win atleast 50% of remaining games)

Purdue, Iowa (bubble, need to really impress, basically beat either Wisconsin/OSU in BTT)

Ask any writer up here in West Lafayette and they'll tell you Purdue is a lock and Iowa is now the favorite for the BTT after the thrashing they gave the Boilers. That and the Boiler football team is going to take down OSU AND UM this year. They are quite pathetic along with the rest of the fans.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
Russell Robinson out for ISU @ KU.

Self declared him questionable for Monday's game as well.... I guess kinda of bad sprain, comparable to turf toe, but not turf toe. I sure as hell hope they get him back for the Texas game. We need his D against their backcourt. Whats more concerning though, these type of injuries dont heal overnight or even in a week. I'd hate for this to hinder him for the rest of the season