Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 01:13 AM)
I love them offensively, hate them defensively though. They're a talented team no doubt, but I don't think they defend well enough to make a run through a region, jmo.

It's a concern for sure. I have seen them play D when necessary against decent opponents, so they CAN do it, but any team that turns it on and off on either side like they do on D is a problem.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say that Tennessee locked up a bid with their win today against Arkansas. They have a couple bad losses (South Carolina, Auburn), but too many good wins (Vandy, Memphis, Texas, OK St, Kentucky, Alabama) to not be in. I know I'm biased, but watch out for them come tourney time. Lofton can really light it up!

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 02:12 AM)
I'd have to say that Tennessee locked up a bid with their win today against Arkansas. They have a couple bad losses (South Carolina, Auburn), but too many good wins (Vandy, Memphis, Texas, OK St, Kentucky, Alabama) to not be in. I know I'm biased, but watch out for them come tourney time. Lofton can really light it up!

You guys are in.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 12:49 PM)
IU will finish 3rd in the Big Ten, or at least tied for it. IU's win over Wisconsin will give them them 3rd seed in the Big Ten Tournament. Let's not be fooled by Illinois' 1/2 game lead right now.

That is correct, as long as we take care of business at Northwestern on Wednesday (I'm assuming Penn State is a locked W next Saturday at home). We're more than capable of doing so, but you never know with this team on the road.

This Big Ten week is going to be fun. Michigan State may be considered a lock as of now, but they could be on the outside looking in by week's end. But then again, if they do take care of business, they could end up as the third highest Big Ten team, which is where they reside right now. Illinois too could finish with a higher NCAA seed than Indiana when it's all said and done, although that may have to include a run in the BTT.

Now Michigan is another team that people have taken off the bubble list, but they could be looking good by the end of the week. Of course, that would take a home win over Ohio State which is unlikely in itself.

Purdue is on cruise control up until the BTT, but that may not be a good thing for them.

Oh yeah, and theres a pretty big game today.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
Down 16 and still fouling. Come on St. John's. And CBS, this isn't a game. Switch over for God's sake.

They switched over from the Buckeyes game to the Duke game last week but wont do the same this week. Ridiculous.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 05:08 PM)
Do my eyes deceive me, or did OSU fans just storm the court after the game?

Granted, I didn't watch much of the game at all...but you're the #1 team. And were favorites. Makes no sense to rush the court.

They just won the Big Ten. Im sure they are sorry that they are celebrating that.