Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(Fotop @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 05:14 PM)
I think they did, I distinctly remember everyone ripping up the turf in the Horseshoe. It was really classy-like, with a likely couch burning happening somewhere.

I can actually read your hate through the computer.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 05:16 PM)
haha what a joke, lets go rush the court after almost losing at home.

REAL programs dont rush the court, have never seen Duke, Kentucky, KAnsas or UNC do that.

I guess they arent a real program. Beating the #1 team at home and winning your conference seems like a good time to celebrate to me.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 05:19 PM)
anyways this poses a question.....how far does wiscy drop..two losses in one week?

In the grand scheme of things it just means they're most likely a two seed in the tourney. Polls, as pretty much everyone here knows, are all together useless.

QUOTE(Fotop @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 05:21 PM)
In the grand scheme of things it just means they're most likely a two seed in the tourney. Polls, as pretty much everyone here knows, are all together useless.

i dont care about polls....GO MARYLAND

QUOTE(Fotop @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
And that's pretty much when Duke jumped the shark...

I stand corrected, sorry i was wrong.

I remember KU tried to rush the court, before fans booed the hell out of them after they beat Texas a few years ago.

When do most of the league toureys start? This week? I know the BE tourney doesn't start until next Monday because MU plays Pitt this Saturday. So -- the next two weeks, I assume, are conference tourneys? Anyone have a breakdown, ie which ones are this week and which are next week?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 08:41 PM)
When do most of the league toureys start? This week? I know the BE tourney doesn't start until next Monday because MU plays Pitt this Saturday. So -- the next two weeks, I assume, are conference tourneys? Anyone have a breakdown, ie which ones are this week and which are next week?

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9986853

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 08:48 PM)
Thanks fellers.

BTW, Justin, I need some advice on SIU in College Hoops. Some of their guys don't seem to be rated properly, and I like adjusting 'em to make their ratings a little more semi-realistic. So you might get a PM in the next couple days.

Haha, sounds good. Just send a pm my way whenever.

Like I have said before, rushing the court has become a cool thing to do and doesn't really mean anything anymore. As much as I hate to say it, other conferences need to follow the lead set by the SEC a few years ago. They now levy fines against any school in which the students rush the court/field. Vanderbilt got hit with a $25k fine earlier. I know South Carolina also has gotten hit.

It's more of a fad than a celebration now. Kinda sad for us old-timers.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 09:54 PM)
It's looking better for your Jayhawks to get a #1 seed.

KU still has to play at OU, never easy. They are doing a "white out", as opposed to the "black out" attempt by kstate.

Gregg Doyel gives love to the jayhawk

Not Wisconsin.

Not Florida, strange as that is. The Gators returned everyone who mattered from last season's national championship team, but they've lost to NCAA bubble team Vanderbilt and to NIT bubble team LSU in the past eight days. Joakim Noah isn't the starving-for-greatness player he was last season, but he's not alone. The only Florida starter who hasn't regressed is Al Horford.

UCLA? The Bruins have the country's best resume and the best three-guard set in Collison, Arron Afflalo and Josh Shipp. But the Bruins have a small forward playing power forward, and they have a cavity at center. Not good.

North Carolina? The Tar Heels have it all. They are Ohio State with more star power, Florida with more depth. But North Carolina has been swept by schizophrenic Virginia Tech and lost to mediocre North Carolina State.

So if you're asking me to name the best team in the country, I can only tell you this:

The best team in America wasn't in town on Sunday.

Unless Kansas happened to be stuck at the Columbus airport.

Stopped reading at Gregg Doyel. I was hoping he would stop writing about CBB, but apparently that is not going to be the case. He was the laughing stock of CBB journalism when he held the CBB writer position at CBS. Now he is being outdone by Gary Parrish.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood