Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
Rush return is likely

Kansas sophomore guard Brandon Rush said he’s leaning toward returning for his junior season instead of entering the NBA draft.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Rush said. “But I’m pretty sure I’ll be back.”

I believe Carmelo Anthony said the same thing after his freshmen year, also hundreds of other kids who then went NBA.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
I believe Carmelo Anthony said the same thing after his freshmen year, also hundreds of other kids who then went NBA.

normally i'd agree, but the conventional wisdom with rush was that he was a one-and-done. the fact he stayed a second year was somewhat of a surprise, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt now.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
yay UNC goes down

Still have Ga. Tech and the Dookies left, let alone the ACC tourney but my Heels are still in the drivers seat for a #1 seed. That #8 ranking means nothing. Still the manner how they let the game slip away made for a bad lose to a good hot Maryland squad.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
oh goodie another tarheel fan haha.

Well you played roy ball, which means well no Defense.

settle down. you were probably ready to toss old roy's salad a few years ago.

bitterness is not becoming.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 11:12 AM)
settle down. you were probably ready to toss old roy's salad a few years ago.

bitterness is not becoming.

who's bitter??, its the truth, UNC played no Defense on Jones the second half. I for one am way past the Roy Williams days.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 10:29 AM)
Rush return is likely

Kansas sophomore guard Brandon Rush said he’s leaning toward returning for his junior season instead of entering the NBA draft.

“I haven’t decided yet,” Rush said. “But I’m pretty sure I’ll be back.”

He'll need to stay if he wants to be a lottery pick....and doesnt want to make the same mistake Jaron did. Jerk.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 11:41 AM)
Man if this team can stay together with the addition of Reed and Aldrich, yikes.

Are you saying a Sweet Sixteen berth may be possible? :P

Seriously, though, I want Kansas to win the Big 12. I don't want them damn Aggies thinking they own the place.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 11:46 AM)
Are you saying a Sweet Sixteen berth may be possible? :P

Seriously, though, I want Kansas to win the Big 12. I don't want them damn Aggies thinking they own the place.

Then go Texas tomorrow night!!!! A&M is so pathetic they rushed the court after beating Kansas. The only problem, they were on the road, its very sad footage.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 01:45 PM)
No, Wright has already said he is staying. He is getting his degree in 3 years. I also am close to his mother and she is saying he is staying as well.

I see Arthur the most likely to leave.

I'd still take that with a grain of salt right now, saying he would probably be a top 10 pick.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 12:34 PM)
SIU deserves a two seed over Memphis. Neither will get a 2 though.

True, Memphis has not beat a quality team since November, but I like this years Memphis team a lot more than last years... I think they could sneak up on a few teams and make a run. I do not think they could beat SIU though

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 07:49 PM)
Ok, ill take your grain of salt....Wright is staying the kid actually values an education as well.

i don't think going pro means a kid doesn't value an education. going pro doesn't mean you're not getting your degree.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 02:12 PM)
i don't think going pro means a kid doesn't value an education. going pro doesn't mean you're not getting your degree.

I understand, his mom wants his to graduate with a degree. Julian Wright is going to stay his 3rd year, which he already announced. he is going to work on his shooting skills so he can play the 3 in the pros.