Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
Dukie V last night during Maryland game.

Not exact quote

"Duke is right in it for a one seed, this game is huge". Shut up richard.

Dick Vitale and Mike Patrick is the worst announcing team in the history of mankind.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 10:41 AM)
Dick Vitale and Mike Patrick is the worst announcing team in the history of mankind.

and then some.

Patrick

"and paulus a spectacular free throw, are you kidding me, what talent"

Dukie V

"oooooooooh super sensational free throw, its cause the dukies are best"

Patrick

"and paulus with a wonderful hand check for the foul, that is out of control"

Dukie V

"just give the scissors to Coach K, they cant be stopped, even their hand check fouls are golden"

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
I still say you guys win even after tonight. Your game is at home, which is a big difference. Plus A&M was basically all-Law for both overtimes and they still damn near pulled it out, you'd need more than 2 guys fouling out for that to happen to Kansas...

I'd say A&M is better than Kansas as proof of their win IN Lawrence, but maybe that's just me. I think Kansas will win because they are at home, but I don't think Kansas is any better than A&M. Carter and Jones fouling out among others was very key. Take away Wright and Chalmers from Kansas and the offense would operate around Rush.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)
I'd say A&M is better than Kansas as proof of their win IN Lawrence, but maybe that's just me. I think Kansas will win because they are at home, but I don't think Kansas is any better than A&M. Carter and Jones fouling out among others was very key. Take away Wright and Chalmers from Kansas and the offense would operate around Rush.

you forgot collins and Arthur, they are not nobodies. Kansas is better than A&M, they had the game wrapped up and Acie Law punked us, that and Sasha kaun missed every free throw he could in the final 2 minutes.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 12:10 PM)

I'd take KU over A&M 4 times out of 5. Kansas truly shot themselves in the foot in that game, they had it wrapped up and didnt close out.... Acie Law took that opportunity and made the most of it by pulling the upset. Kansas was somewhat of a different team back then, lacking any chemistry whatsoever..... that game however, could be looked upon as where Kansas kicked their season into high gear because theyve been on an unstoppable tear since then.

After last night, A&M seems like it is becoming much more of a one dimensional team that most people had thought about Texas.

QUOTE(watchtower41 @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 01:18 PM)
I'd take KU over A&M 4 times out of 5. Kansas truly shot themselves in the foot in that game, they had it wrapped up and didnt close out.... Acie Law took that opportunity and made the most of it by pulling the upset. Kansas was somewhat of a different team back then, lacking any chemistry whatsoever..... that game however, could be looked upon as where Kansas kicked their season into high gear because theyve been on an unstoppable tear since then.

After last night, A&M seems like it is becoming much more of a one dimensional team that most people had thought about Texas.

A&M was the game, we discovered the wonders of Sherron. That game changed the entire year so far. Tower did you see who ku is recruiting for 08, damn??

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)

Daugherty at the end cracked me up.... wonder if UNC ever sent him his ring?? :huh

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 01:23 PM)
A&M was the game, we discovered the wonders of Sherron. That game changed the entire year so far. Tower did you see who ku is recruiting for 08, damn??

Bill Self loves him some McDonald's Happy Meals :D

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 28, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
Which confuses the living s*** out of me. I hated that change.

Because of the change in the way they do the first couple rounds. It all came about after 91 to make teams travel less. It gets confusing when they are saying we are here in Cincinnati for a West Region first round game between Ohio State and Crappy U.

Completely agree on the pod system. Hated it when it first started and still don't like it.

What I was talking about was that the last three years they called the regions Atlanta, Oakland, etc. Now it's back to West, South, etc. I don't know why they switched to the city names and are switching back to geographic names again.