Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winthrop is a heck of a team. They are the unanimous pick for their conference and should be in the tourney with possibly a 12-13 seed. They have a couple of scorers that can go off in any game and a couple of legit big men. I was expecting a close game and wouldn't have been completely suprised with a loss, they are a very dangerous team.

But man Tyler is something else.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Winthrop is a heck of a team. They are the unanimous pick for their conference and should be in the tourney with possibly a 12-13 seed. They have a couple of scorers that can go off in any game and a couple of legit big men. I was expecting a close game and wouldn't have been completely suprised with a loss, they are a very dangerous team.

But man Tyler is something else.

Yeup, Winthrop has one hell of a team. I agree, expect them to be in the tourny at around a 12 or 13. I'm sorry but as for Kansas, lol.

Edited by Rowand44

Kansas just got pwned by Marchello Vealy. To be fair though, you're generally going to lose when some scrub hits 7 threes against you (especially in only 8 attempts), I don't care who you are. (before you say it Palehosefan, Torrell Martin is not a scrub. :P ).

Good call Buehrle > Wood, UNC really blew out Winthrop. It's not like Winthrop has been a mid major power the last several years or anything though.

And how bout them Jayhawks!! Losing at home to Oral Boberts. Those B teams are a b****, and not as much as Bail's in game coaching.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
KU just lost to a sexual position.

Sadly, when I heard that final on the way home, I thought the exact same thing.

Just got home.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Nothing better than seeing the most arrogant fanbase in America cry for a night.

It was nice to see Warren Carter kind of take control of the game for the Illini today. He was always a personnel favorite of mine and now with Randle, Smith, and McBride all out he is kind of the team leader in a way. I kind of had low expectations but if Randle, Smith, and McBride all get back and play well and Carter takes a step forward we can be a pretty good team.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 10:26 PM)
It was nice to see Warren Carter kind of take control of the game for the Illini today. He was always a personnel favorite of mine and now with Randle, Smith, and McBride all out he is kind of the team leader in a way. I kind of had low expectations but if Randle, Smith, and McBride all get back and play well and Carter takes a step forward we can be a pretty good team.

Yeah, with all these injuries your seeing some guys step up, such as Carter, Frazier, and even Calvin Brock was really solid tonight. And tonight was another step towards Carlwell taking all of Marcus Arnold's minutes, he blows and is the only guy on the team I have no hope for (although he's a 5th year senior, so it's not like he'll be around much more anyways).

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Still have that Gordon jealousy eh?

illinois and indiana have disliked each other loooooong before this recent recruit. this goes back to henson and knight. i thought that was pretty common knowledge.