Official College Basketball Thread

lol i really would rather not see George Mason in the tourney! I don't want to fill out a bracket with them in it, they blew mine up last year! They are hot right now and i wish them the best of luck tomorrow night!

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 12:30 AM)
I want the Bulls to draft Horford.

You're not the only one. On TalkBulls, whenever there is draft talk, I'm always hyping up Horford. I just think he's going to be one hell of a player (like Carlos Boozer good or maybe better) and would be that true offensive post threat for the Bulls. I think he's far and away Florida's best player, especially after watching Florida play in person.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 05:44 PM)
College GameDay at Marquette was a blast.

Glad to see you enjoyed the experience. It was shaky at the end, but I guess that should be expected when your two best players are out and injured.

I think Dominic James had his best game of the year last night. He finally played like a true PG should play, dishing the ball and playing strong defense. Maybe I shouldn't overexaggerate and call it his best game, because he put the team on his shoulders in games at L'Ville and Valpo, but he put up a very strong effort.

And ditto the Horford talk. I haven't seen Florida play much, but I'm always impressed (when I do see them) by him. Strong rebounder, and is a surprisingly good post player.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
Get ready to have hundreds of ESPN TV hours to discussing Henderson/Hansbrough. Frankly, I could care less wether is was intentional or not. Actually, I could care less about the entire situation.

He probably shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 4, 2007 -> 12:59 AM)
fullj.jpg

KU's 1900th victory in its history.

KU's 50th conference title.

THIS TEAM IS F'IN AWESOME

speechless. awesome.

did they cut down nets??

P.S. I hope you picked me up one of those b****in' shirts LOl

Edited by watchtower41

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

You guys see the latest Bracketology?

A #6 seed and a second round matchup against SIU for my Eagles. Yuck, but at this point, I'm expecting MU to be underdogs in any second round matchup. That is, unless they're able to pull out two Ws in the BE tourney. It's nice... their first round game against Saint John's (in the BE Tourney) counts as a road game for MU, so that could be a nice, final bump for the ol' resume.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

You guys see the latest Bracketology?

A #6 seed and a second round matchup against SIU for my Eagles. Yuck, but at this point, I'm expecting MU to be underdogs in any second round matchup. That is, unless they're able to pull out two Ws in the BE tourney. It's nice... their first round game against Saint John's (in the BE Tourney) counts as a road game for MU, so that could be a nice, final bump for the ol' resume.

interesting. illinois in as a 12 seed according to lunardi. i tend to disagree. right now i don't think the illini are in.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
We still have to see if any favorites in conference tourneys win and if any surprised actually win their conference tourneys?

For instance is gonzaga in if they lose tonight?

They shouldn't be. Who knows though, they are Gonzaga.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
We still have to see if any favorites in conference tourneys win and if any surprised actually win their conference tourneys?

For instance is gonzaga in if they lose tonight?

With Heytfelt I would say yes, but not now.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:37 PM)
I think the Big 10 will get 6, Purdue and Illinois being the last 2. Id say the Big 10 will get 5 for sure.

The argument of the Big 10 being down is vastly over rated.

Funny how that works out. Last year, they praised the hell out of the conference, and no team survived the weekend.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:14 PM)
Ya, only a few games over. That said we still have a shot at 20 wins if we have a nice tourney.

I would say Iowa has to get to the final to even have a chance. They have some bad losses (Arizona St., UNI, Drake). And their only big wins are MSU and Indiana at home.

Texas up to a 4 seed in bracketology, when there were a few that questioned if they should be in the tournament a week ago. The defense and turnovers are concerns, no doubt. But I woulldnt be surprised if Durant could throw the team on his shoulders and make a run to Atlanta. Augustine has to be one of the most improved guards in the country as well....

Speaking of Bracketology.... don't like that 2nd round matchup for Kansas at all. Arizona or Kentucky at 8/9 seeds?? Two better coaches than Self as well.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:19 PM)
I would say Iowa has to get to the final to even have a chance. They have some bad losses (Arizona St., UNI, Drake). And their only big wins are MSU and Indiana at home.

UNI isn't a bad loss, the other two definitely are though. Sorry Jas, but Iowa isn't even in the discussion, they need to win the tourny.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:29 PM)
If it was on the road I might agree, but at home it's a game Iowa should win.

It's a game they probably should have won at home, especially considering how that game went. Still, I wouldn't categorize it as a bad loss.

Two weeks ago Texas hadnt beaten A&M and almost beat KU as well.

They still have proven nothing outside of the Big 12, but they are for sure a tournament team.

And yeah last year with the Big 10 I can only really comment on Wisconsin, and they lost Landry, Steisma to eligibility so the team in the tournament/ second part of the year was not the same as the team that was doing well in the first part. The lack of depth just got them killed against Arizona.