Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)
Young players grow up during conference play, this is why I believe your argument is a bit weak. they did lose out of conference, but in the last month they have turend into a force.

or as Digger says, freshamn turn into sophmores.

You just lost all credibility for quoting Digger. ;)

Why is my argument weak because of young players?

Almost every team has young players, OSU, UNC, etc.

The team that they lost to MSU, also has many young playes and they are just starting to come into their own as well.

And of course hes gonna quote the Diggler, Phelps hates the Big 10 and loves the Big 12.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Why is my argument weak because of young players?

Almost every team has young players, OSU, UNC, etc.

The team that they lost to MSU, also has many young playes and they are just starting to come into their own as well.

And of course hes gonna quote the Diggler, Phelps hates the Big 10 and loves the Big 12.

Phelps hates the Big 12, he loves one team, NOTRE DAME.

What i mean is Texas just turned into a powerhouse in the last few weeks, before they were not playing together very well.

I love BIll Simmons, page 2

On KU:

"Kansas proved that ...

A. When they need it, they can hit another gear that no other college team currently possesses (not even Florida). Barring a late-minute switch because of something that happens this week, I'm picking them to win the title.

B. They're the deepest, most talented, most flexible team in the country. For instance, they abandoned the pound-it-inside game plan when they fell behind by 16, switched to run-and-gun and dropped 48 points in the second half. Just an awesome performance."

His take on the Hansbrough Hit was great, too:

"Congrats to Coach K for questioning why Hansbrough was still in the game and inadvertently using Isiah Thomas' "he was asking for it" defense. And the Duke fans wonder why everyone hates Duke. If the roles were reversed, and this had happened to McRoberts, Coach K would have shown up for the press conference covered in McRoberts's blood, fighting back tears, urging for the offending UNC player to be suspended for the entire tournament and basically looking like Jackie Kennedy in Dallas after the JFK shooting. God, I hate Duke."

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
New Mexico will beat BYU. That is all.

Wouldn't shock me(they do have to get by TCU first), but I wouldn't pick it. I'd be much more worried if I were UNLV, Utah is an interesting team and they've definitely shown that they're capable of beating good teams.

Hard to imagine doing such a piss poor job of coaching to allow a team with Boggan, Curry, Eaton etc and an early record of 15-1 to not even make the tournament. 5-10 in your last 15 games is atrocious. They might have surpassed Clemson as the ultimate choker this season, and I didn't think that would be possible.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
BTW, Oral Roberts wins the Mid Con and Jimbo gets real nervous.

lol, all KU fans would s*** themselves if they got matched up first round! Please, let it happen! :P

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 10:14 PM)
Sorry bubble teams but....

Congrats to Evansville native Brad Brownell! Go to the Big Dance and then move your ass back home to take the UE job.

:cheers

That'd be a great hire for Eville and is definitely someone Aces fans have talked about on VT.