Official College Basketball Thread

Funny Duke snippet, atleast to me.

Boykin occasionally was embarrassed watching himself during team film sessions.

"I remember Coach K saying one time, 'There have been more floor slaps this season than in the last four years.' I slapped the floor like three times that game," Boykin said. "So I can't do that. Unless it's the right time."

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 02:20 PM)
Funny Duke snippet, atleast to me.

Saw this on Truth about Duke. I know it's fake, but still provides a good laugh:

Last night was our second game of the year at Cameron. I'm proud to announce that the Crazies are 2-0 this year. We played some Southern Atlanta team or something. I don't know. We won. Who cares, honestly? ESPN was in the building, and that can only mean one thing: face time. Face time kicks ass. I've only watched my recording of the game once today, but my preliminary count has me on TV 6 times.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 07:10 AM)
Still have that Gordon jealousy eh?

Jealousy? Indiana has the most arrogant, annoying, banner pointing fans in the land (outside of those on this site, who are actually very good fans IMO). That has been the case since I can remember, long before Gordon came along.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 05:44 PM)
Thats because we have the banners to point at. You would too.

My favorite NBA teams has 6 banners that, unlike in the case of IU students, were won during my lifetime and during a time in which I remember, and I never point at them. And based on your sig, I guess your the typical IU basketball and ND football fan. At least that's not being a bandwagoner.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
My favorite NBA teams has 6 banners that, unlike in the case of IU students, were won during my lifetime and during a time in which I remember, and I never point at them. And based on your sig, I guess your the typical IU basketball and ND football fan. At least that's not being a bandwagoner.

Actually I took interest in ND football in the late 90's with the struggling Bob Davie teams. I've been an IU basketball fan all my life. Nice assumption though....

But also, i never said that I'm pointing at the banners, I just state that at least we have them to point at.

God I want to see Iowa State play Illinois or Indiana in basketball soon. The game would easily sell out in Ames, as it would on the road, I would assume. Good out of conference for both teams, and a nice home and home at tough road venues.

wtf?

yep.

i'd like to try to be positive and spin this into "guys getting experience" and all that dung, but i just don't feel like it. it's been pretty much eight months of one negative story after another for this team.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
So MSU somehow beat Texas

I'd blame it on sloppy play by Texas late. A couple of examples:

1) Durant was wide-open under the basket when the game was tied with time winding down. Instead of slamming it home he tries to lay it in and misses.

2) On the next possession they jacked up a 3-pointer with the game still tied.

3) They gave Neitzel a wide open lane to the basket on the last play with 3 people in the general vicinity.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 17, 2006 -> 04:45 PM)
Iowa isn't going to be as bad as people think this year, but they won't be anything special.

Haluska was 2 for 15 today, and they still won easily. Tyler Smith, who is going to be REALLY good, scored 28 in just his 2nd (or 3rd, I forget) collegiate game. Yeah, they are very young, but they will be pretty good.