Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hofstra plays Hawaii tonight in the Great Alaska Shootout. What a disapointment they have been. They have top 25 talent but have yet to win and with losses at Charlotte and at Manhatten. Two tough places to play, but two places they should have won at.

Also, anyone look at the GAS bracket this year. How horrible. Remember when this tournament was on the level of the PNIT, CvC and Maui?

Old Spice Classic also tips of today. It's funny how the championship is being played as the first game of the tournament, So. Ill vs. Arkansas. Anyway, Some quick picks:

Arkansas over So. Ill

Marist over Minnesota

Va Tech over W. Michigan

West Virginia over Montana

So. Ill over Minnesota

Montana over W. Michigan

Arkansas over Marist

West Virginia over Va Tech

Minnesota over W. Michigan

So. Ill over Montana

Va Tech over Marist

Arkansas over West Virginia

Whoever wins game one of this tourney will end up taking the tourney, I do believe. Marist is an interesting team. They have a ton of talent, and it will be interesting to see how well that talent translates against big-conference teams. West Virginia lost A TON, but they'll be better than most people think.

Arkansas can not score on us in the half court. We got to stop turning the damn ball over and we'll win this game. Pretty frusterating first half.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
Hofstra plays Hawaii tonight in the Great Alaska Shootout. What a disapointment they have been. They have top 25 talent but have yet to win and with losses at Charlotte and at Manhatten. Two tough places to play, but two places they should have won at.

Also, anyone look at the GAS bracket this year. How horrible. Remember when this tournament was on the level of the PNIT, CvC and Maui?

Old Spice Classic also tips of today. It's funny how the championship is being played as the first game of the tournament, So. Ill vs. Arkansas. Anyway, Some quick picks:

Arkansas over So. Ill

Marist over Minnesota

Va Tech over W. Michigan

West Virginia over Montana

So. Ill over Minnesota

Montana over W. Michigan

Arkansas over Marist

West Virginia over Va Tech

Minnesota over W. Michigan

So. Ill over Montana

Va Tech over Marist

Arkansas over West Virginia

Whoever wins game one of this tourney will end up taking the tourney, I do believe. Marist is an interesting team. They have a ton of talent, and it will be interesting to see how well that talent translates against big-conference teams. West Virginia lost A TON, but they'll be better than most people think.

Interesting that you have WVU over Va Tech, I think it's pretty much a lock that Va Tech makes the championship game but I guess we'll see.

That game hurt and was frusterating. Obviously losing Falker and Shaw at the end of regulation hurt us, Tatum has to make those damn ft's though. We played like total crap and still should have won. This team will be fine, but this loss did hurt.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 12:01 PM)
Interesting that you have WVU over Va Tech, I think it's pretty much a lock that Va Tech makes the championship game but I guess we'll see.

:bang :bang :bang :bang

Anyways, this turns out to be a good thing. If we can beat Minny today(god we better win this game) then we can get Va Tech in the 5th place game, which could turn out to be a good win come March.

Missouri State taking it to the Badgers at the moment. Hopefully they can hang on.

And we're about to start our game against the Gophers, we should win this one with ease but it'll be a close game cause that's what we do. And I am a bit nervous since yesterdays game was very physical, so we might not have our legs under us. GO DAWGS :headbang

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 23, 2006 -> 10:23 AM)
Can I ask what your nephews name is? I bet they'll play close, I don't think they'll win(certainly wouldn't shock me if they did win) but I'd bet on it being a competitive game.

He is Justin Fuermeyer the Skinny white point guard

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
Gotcha. Hopefully they can hang on.

Yuck. We continue to look like fecies this tournament. Up 7 at half.

Am I allowed to take back my Matt Shaw love, but give it back if he starts playing better?

I'm probably the only one who, on Thanksgiving, watched Virginia Tech-Western Michigan over the NFL games. Anyways, some notes on the Old Spice trouney so far:

- Minnesota is BAD. I see them competing only with Northwestern this year in the Big Ten.

-So. Ill is one of the best defensive teams in the country, no doubt. That said, their offense is just as bad as their defense is good. If they plan on making any noise this year against major teams, their simply going to have score more than they are now. Right now, I would put them behind Wichita State and Creighton and maybe even MSU.

-Patrick Beverly does not look like your typical basketball player, but he is a flat-out stud. He'll contend for SEC FoY.

-Western Michigan is not very good either. How Va Tech lost to them is beyond me.

-Jared Jordan fits the mold of a March hero. The Red Foxes are good enough to win a game in March.

-I'm sticking to my previous statment on that West Virginia will still be a decent game. They will beat Western Michigan later today, book it.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
-So. Ill is one of the best defensive teams in the country, no doubt. That said, their offense is just as bad as their defense is good. If they plan on making any noise this year against major teams, their simply going to have score more than they are now. Right now, I would put them behind Wichita State and Creighton and maybe even MSU.

We're bad offensively but not that bad. We played like total crap yesterday, we'll be better than that, I guarantee it. Josh Bone will also be huge for us, if he can come back.

69 to 53 final. Very solid 2nd half, Matt Shaw was just phenominal, hopefully Va Tech takes care of business tonight and we'll get to play them on Sunday. Nice day for the Valley so far.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
So does SIU's offense just completely suck ass or what? But I have to admit, their defense is sick.

This team will get better offensively and it started in the 2nd half today(though Minny blows). We got a few players on offense that can be real effective but are afraid to be good if that makes sense. Matt Shaw can honestly be a star but he needs to be aggressive and today he was, I'm not sure what got into him but I hope we see that Shaw for the next two years. Didn't hesitate on any of shots and just looked fantastic today. We got things to work on offensively but we'll be better than most think especially if Bone can come back(rumor is he could be ready by conference play).

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
So Wisconsin lost to Missouri State today? Nice... Good chance Marquette is top ten after this week. :)

Yup, Mo State is a very solid club that no one really talked about for whatever reason. They got snubbed out of a tournament appearance last season, it'd be pretty shocking to me if they some how dont get in this year. They got a very, very good team.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Nov 24, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
not a good early season for the big ten so far. indiana, minnesota, wisconsin, iowa, penn state all going down to mid-majors. expect that list to grow.

Indiana, Minny, and Wiscy all lost to real good mid majors. Iowa hasn't lost to a mid major, they've lost to Bama and Nova who are both pretty solid teams. Penn State is the only one on that list with a bad loss.