Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 06:14 PM)
The next poll should be loaded with mid majors. It's interesting that this year all players are forced to go to college and mid majors are still progressing forward.

It makes sense, as the teams in big conferences are going to get a lot more people that are trying to jump early or w/e, while mid-majors are going to have guys all four years.

Well Wisconsin won today and shot much better from 3-point land. If they had shot anything like that yesterday they probably would have won.

Hopefully they dont fall to far in next weeks poll, but its still early so just winning games and getting better is the biggest goal.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
It makes sense, as the teams in big conferences are going to get a lot more people that are trying to jump early or w/e, while mid-majors are going to have guys all four years.

Yeah, but the top guys haven't jumped yet. I'm saying the guys like Durant, Oden, etc. that would have gone straight to the pros are at high majors as opposed to the next tier guys. In the next few years I could understand that holding true, but these guys haven't left yet.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Well Wisconsin won today and shot much better from 3-point land. If they had shot anything like that yesterday they probably would have won.

Hopefully they dont fall to far in next weeks poll, but its still early so just winning games and getting better is the biggest goal.

How did Auburn look? I had forgotten they had a basketball program.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Iowa State crushes something called Lake Superior State, 90-61. Taylor finished with 22 pts, but the walkons started playing in the first half.

Great hockey team. Basketball...not so much. It's hard to play basketball on ice. :D

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 11:05 PM)
Greasy, your ring is now up to $30,200 with 7 days left in the auction. You in on the bidding yet??

Of course, I'm the top bidder.

Butler had to play on three consecutive nights, with the NIT concluding last night. They're now 7-0 with a 2 OT win over Kent State 83-80. There's no doubt that they should be ranked on Monday; I hope they can maintain this.