Official College Basketball Thread

Are you f***ing kidding me. With no time left on the shot clock and about 10 seconds left in the game ASU hits a long range 3 (with a guy all over him) and takes a 3 point lead.

RIDICULOUS

Upon watching a replay....that was an illegal pick as ASU's player threw his entire shoulder into Haluska and the Hawkeyes lose.

HORSEs***

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iowa chokes it away.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Are you f***ing kidding me. With no time left on the shot clock and about 10 seconds left in the game ASU hits a long range 3 (with a guy all over him) and takes a 3 point lead.

RIDICULOUS

Upon watching a replay....that was an illegal pick as ASU's player threw his entire shoulder into Haluska and the Hawkeyes lose.

HORSEs***

Or, you know, Iowa coulda held onto a lead.

Oh ya, we blew the lead but still a s***ty call. They hit what 4 three's in the final minute as well while Iowa's offense looked awful.

We went on a 31-12 run to finish the first half too after starting off down 13-0 and dominated a large chunk of the 2nd half. God, talk about a pathetic loss. Now a 3 game losing streak.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 10:22 PM)
We went on a 31-12 run to finish the first half too after starting off down 13-0 and dominated a large chunk of the 2nd half. God, talk about a pathetic loss. Now a 3 game losing streak.

4 if you include the lovely football loss to the Gophers too :P

Yea, I'm still not over that :D

Edited by Felix

Just got back from the Illini game and it was simply awesome. One of the refs were brutal though... the other refs had to correct his calls atleast twice that I remember and he was just bad in general. Some white guy that all he could do was shoot dominated us the first half but was shut down the 2nd half. Crowd went crazy when Jamar Smith went to check in. I thought he was going to be out for a longer time.

Just got home from the Chicago Invite:

-Richard McBride is still awful. He simply does not fit into a motion offense. He is pretty much useless for the Illini, especially on nights he cannot shoot.

-Chestar Frazier runs a better game than Dee Brown ever did.

-Without Jamar Smith, Illinois is not much of a team.

-One of the refs simply wanted to give the game to Bradley. Of course, he kept on getting overturned by the other refs.

-Bradley is legit. They will still be up there with So. Ill, WSU, Creighton, UNI and MSU in the valley.

-Daniel Ruffin got his points, but he still cost Bradley. He was miserable on the shooting end.

-Jeremy Crouch is an absolute stud. Took awhile for Illinois to stop him.

-Bradley still needs an inside defensive force. Four guards won't cut it for too long.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
-Richard McBride is still awful. He simply does not fit into a motion offense. He is pretty much useless for the Illini, especially on nights he cannot shoot.

Seems to really hinder the idea of a motion offense, as he likes to stand around and jack shots a lot. Really no question he needs to be coming off the bench.

How did Pruitt look?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 04:50 AM)
How did Pruitt look?

It may been because of Bradley having a small interior, but Pruitt dominated on the offensive end. He hit turn-around jumpers multiple times tonight. Not many 6-10 power forwards can do that in college basketball.

Weber seemed to get frustrated with him on the defensive side of things tonight, but I did nott notice anything to problematic.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 10:57 PM)
It may been because of Bradley having a small interior, but Pruitt dominated on the offensive end. He hit turn-around jumpers multiple times tonight. Not many 6-10 power forwards can do that in college basketball.

Weber seemed to get frustrated with him on the defensive side of things tonight, but I did nott notice anything to problematic.

Good. We are gonna need him to be active this year and really look to get the ball into the post.

Yeah Pruitt looked really good. It seemed like the guards had a really hard time getting the ball to him, but when he got the ball he couldnt be stopped. Also, Chester Frazier dribbles way way too much. I wouldnt say he runs the point better than Dee at all. It wasnt until Jamar Smith came in that the offense got some continuety to it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 05:27 AM)
Also, Chester Frazier dribbles way way too much.

I 100% agree. So does Meachum. It's the motion offense you have to keep on passing and passing and passing. Dee Brown dribbled even more than Frazier though. I guess it wasn't all his fault though, as no one would get open for him.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 25, 2006 -> 10:45 PM)
Just got home from the Chicago Invite:

-Chestar Frazier runs a better game than Dee Brown ever did.

-Without Jamar Smith, Illinois is not much of a team.

-One of the refs simply wanted to give the game to Bradley. Of course, he kept on getting overturned by the other refs.

-Bradley is legit. They will still be up there with So. Ill, WSU, Creighton, UNI and MSU in the valley.

-Daniel Ruffin got his points, but he still cost Bradley. He was miserable on the shooting end.

-Jeremy Crouch is an absolute stud. Took awhile for Illinois to stop him.

-Bradley still needs an inside defensive force. Four guards won't cut it for too long.

Oh don't say the bolded!! Illini Nation will not like that at all.

I was at both games, last night and tonight. Rich McBride and Marcus Arnold need to be celebrated as seniors by getting permanent spots on the bench, and we need Randle's defense back, but beating a team like Bradley is a very nice win, especially coming from behind. Interesting to see how the next 2 games go.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:06 AM)
This is awesome.

f*** Kansas.

Yeah -- normally I'd root for the upset, but it's Kansas, so, I'll just root for Julian (gotta root for a guy you played against).

Plus, I want another team ahead of Marquette to lose so MU can grab a top ten spot.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:09 AM)
Their lucky that wide open 3 rimmed off, or i'd be a loss already. KU is playing great, Florida awful, and it's tied.....says a lot about how good Florida is IMO.

I don't think Florida has been "awful". Brewer has played great, and while Noah hasn't had as many touches as you'd ideally want him to have, he's been quite effective passing the ball and making good on his low-post touches.

Defensively they've probably been a bit off, but I doubt Donovan expected to be forced to go zone so early in the game.

This has been one great basketball game. #2 so far in the year to a certain game in which Duke was defeated... :)