Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, good game, sad ending. And who's that stupid ass white guy jersey popping his warm up he never gets off? Dumbass. /random

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Oh f*** you Kansas player, we know what team you play for. You sat on the f***ing bench. Are you going to do the same thing when you fall to some crappy Big 12 school?

BOO, you beat me to it. Ass.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
Oh f*** you Kansas player, we know what team you play for. You sat on the f***ing bench. Are you going to do the same thing when you fall to some crappy Big 12 school?

LMFAO, exactly what I was thinking.

Dude probably didn't score in the game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 12:26 AM)
The only real reason i'm sad is this win is over Florida, so here comes the Kansas hype, when in reality you can't accumulate enough talent to ever overcome their coach.

they're not done losing in dramatic fashion either

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 06:43 AM)
Its amazing how bad of a coach Bill Self became to Illini fans when he left Champaign. If he was so bad, why was everyone so angry he left? Charlie Villenueva would have looked pretty good in their line-up.

I'm guessing they missed him because they didn't know any better. Then they got a guy who is winning at a record pace with an astounding .850 winning percentage, and therefore, Self becomes a bad coach.

That said, I don't think much of Self either. His teams are always sooooo undiciplined.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 12:43 AM)
Its amazing how bad of a coach Bill Self became to Illini fans when he left Champaign. If he was so bad, why was everyone so angry he left? Charlie Villenueva would have looked pretty good in their line-up.

I wasn't angry he left, I thought he was a horrendous coach when he was with Illinois. I'm glad he recruited the final 4 team, but I don't miss him in the least.

Well here are the matchups for this week's ACC/Big Ten Challenge. If someone knows how to do one big poll in a separate thread that would be cool.

Monday

Michigan @ NC State - 6:00 ESPN2

Tuesday

Maryland @ Illinois - 6:00 ESPN

Florida ST @ Wisconsin - 6:30 ESPN2

Penn St. @ GA Tech - 7:00 ESPNU

Indiana @ Duke - 8:00 ESPN

Miami @ Northwestern - 8:30 ESPN2

Wednesday

Michigan St @ Boston College - 6:00 ESPN

Virginia @ Purdue - 6:30 ESPN2

Iowa @ Va Tech - 7:00 ESPNU

Ohio State @ North Carolina - 8:00 ESPN

Clemson @ Minnesota - 8:30 ESPN2

I don't see too many sure Big Ten wins in there. Thoughts??

I liked the poll idea, however you're only allowed three questions on a poll, so we couldn't fit all the games into one poll/thread.

I can see Michigan beating NC State Monday night. That would require the Big Ten to get five more wins in the next two nights. I don't see us winning more than two on the next two nights. It's frustrating how the Big Ten can never win this thing.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)
I liked the poll idea, however you're only allowed three questions on a poll, so we couldn't fit all the games into one poll/thread.

I can see Michigan beating NC State Monday night. That would require the Big Ten to get five more wins in the next two nights. I don't see us winning more than two on the next two nights. It's frustrating how the Big Ten can never win this thing.

I've never been a big fan of the matchups. Maybe I am biased, but IU always seems to get crappy matchups because they are the Big Ten's biggest TV draw. Even when they are picked to finished 5th or 6th in the Big Ten, they get one of the Big Three in the ACC.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 12:58 PM)
I've never been a big fan of the matchups. Maybe I am biased, but IU always seems to get s***ty matchups because they are the Big Ten's biggest TV draw. Even when they are picked to finished 5th or 6th in the Big Ten, they get one of the Big Three in the ACC.

Yeah, the closer we get to this game, the less I like our chances. Hopefully we make it a game though, and give ourselves a chance.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 11:44 AM)

It has to be a very down year for the ACC to get beat by the Big Ten. The ACC is just too deep, and there are too many patsies in the Big Ten to make them a powerhouse.

I feel pretty good about the Bucks chances vs UNC however.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 12:53 AM)
I wasn't angry he left, I thought he was a horrendous coach when he was with Illinois. I'm glad he recruited the final 4 team, but I don't miss him in the least.

Bad coach but a great recruiter. Bruce Weber is the opposite.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
And it's clear on what is better to have.

Correct, which is why i'd take Bruce, although i'd rather have a coach that can do both, such as Tom Izzo.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Nov 26, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
Well here are the matchups for this week's ACC/Big Ten Challenge. If someone knows how to do one big poll in a separate thread that would be cool.

Monday

Michigan @ NC State - 6:00 ESPN2

Tuesday

Maryland @ Illinois - 6:00 ESPN

Florida ST @ Wisconsin - 6:30 ESPN2

Penn St. @ GA Tech - 7:00 ESPNU

Indiana @ Duke - 8:00 ESPN

Miami @ Northwestern - 8:30 ESPN2

Wednesday

Michigan St @ Boston College - 6:00 ESPN

Virginia @ Purdue - 6:30 ESPN2

Iowa @ Va Tech - 7:00 ESPNU

Ohio State @ North Carolina - 8:00 ESPN

Clemson @ Minnesota - 8:30 ESPN2

I don't see too many sure Big Ten wins in there. Thoughts??

I see 4 ACC wins, 1 or 2 Big Ten wins, and a lot of tossups. But it's like that every year, I'll say ACC wins 7 to 4.