Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Illini teams guards are a joke, thanks for that awesome recruiting job Bruce. This is going to be a long couple of years, outside of the cupcakes that Bruce will stack the OOC with. When you have 1 guard that can score points, your not going anywhere. To lose at home to freaking Maryland is an embarassment, and ugh I can't wait until Arizona beats the Illini by 20 Saturday.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Not that it really matters but I would have like to see Carlwell get more PT. He looked good in limited action.

I agree, he looked real good..

Meacham looked pretty good too, however there were a couple times where he drove and shoulda passed it off when there was an open man.. mainly on the one break

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
It's not like Mcbride had a decent game before that play, he was brutal the entire game. Grab some bench, he offers nothing Meacham doesn't have right now.

Also, we got beat by a freshman tonight in the 2nd half at home, not good.

And a mediocre freshman at that. And by the time this year ends, I'll hate McBride as much, if not more, than I did Nick Smith. What a waste of "talent".

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
"This team is better off without Dee and Augie"

This team did not miss Augie tonight, the bigs were fine. The guards were pathetic though, they missed Dee's defense and that's it. He would have just bricked 3's all night like he did last year on offense, unless he had had the 1 lucky game like Michigan State was.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
He certainly did. He and Warren kept us in it in the first half...could have been real ugly if not for those 2.

Frazier and Meacham also with poor shooting nights meant the bigs were the ones that had to do everything tonight.

Frazier and Meacham are mid major guards that the Illini had to settle for due to the fact Bruce can't recruit a guard if his ass were on fire, outside of stumbling on Jamar. It was just so obvious tonight, although seeing the bigs, I have hope in regards to Weber and recruiting big men. But these guards are terrible.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Frazier and Meacham are mid major guards that the Illini had to settle for due to the fact Bruce can't recruit a guard if his ass were on fire, outside of stumbling on Jamar. It was just so obvious tonight, although seeing the bigs, I have hope in regards to Weber and recruiting big men. But these guards are terrible.

That's what Demetri is for :)

Edited by WHarris1

“I hope everybody’s seeing that our team is for real,” Frazier said Saturday night. “We’re not a fluke. The big question is, ‘Dee (Brown) and James (Augustine) are gone. How are they going to be?’ I hope everybody’s seeing now.”

“They still haven’t proven anything,” Weber said. “I’ve told them that. We basically survived these first games.

“If they beat Maryland, it’ll be easier (to earn national respect). If they don’t, then shut up.”

before this year, we al knew we'd have games where no one on this team would step up. today was what we were afraid of.

Pruitt, Carter and Carlwell all had great games, but not one guard came to play today.

Mcbride, these are the games where seniors are supposed to show some leadership, not hand away games.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 28, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
That's what Demetri is for :)

Demetri is not a scorer at all, he's a great distributor though. We need him and Jamar to get chemistry and play great, because beyond them, our guards are simply terrible by Big 10 standards (I look at Brock as more of a 3, although he's showing some things).