Official College Basketball Thread

So we have Arizona today with:

Randle out

Jamar out

Frazier might not play with a bad ankle, if he does he's not nearly 100%

Carter is going to play on a bum ankle

Semrau is not with the team

If we can even be in this in the 2nd half i'll be surprised. We really have no chance going into a game for the first time in a long, long time.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
So we have Arizona today with:

Randle out

Jamar out

Frazier might not play with a bad ankle, if he does he's not nearly 100%

Carter is going to play on a bum ankle

Semrau is not with the team

If we can even be in this in the 2nd half i'll be surprised. We really have no chance going into a game for the first time in a long, long time.

Brock and McBride are really going to have to step it up.

Hopefully Pruitt and Carter can stay active, and it would be nice for Carlwell to get serious minutes.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Oden will play today in OSUs game against VALPO.

You're going down!!!!

I just hope we can at least lose by single digits. In every game against good opponents, we turn the ball over constantly. Already 4 or 5 turnovers in the first 9 minutes, but luckily it's still tied.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Already been posted...

So he can play today, but he couldn't play whatsoever on Wednesday...?

must of missed it when i was catching up in the thread....

I think OSU saw that in order to compete with the top tier teams they are going to need a strong inside presence. He needs to be ready by the time they play Florida. With some soft games before that one I see this as a great move to help integrate him into the system.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
I think a blind penguin could coach Kansas' talent to wins over Oral Roberts and Depaul, that's just frightening. Even if the guys don't listen to Self, their talent alone should pull out those wins.

DePaul is talented as well, along with having to fight bad coaching...I'm well aware that the program is down, but still cringe when seeing us put in the same sentence with an oral roberts in that manner...

Great win for my team. If this can become a recurring habit where we can actually play hard and well, the schedule allows for more quality opponents to be able to win against and make a case for a post-season. This better not be a tease since wainwright has the feel of a .500 coach with a couple of upsets mixed in...

I gave my ticket away as sort of my own silent protest for all of the poor play and underachievement, and because I didn't wanna see my team get man-handled. I have no regrets either. I couldn't help but listen to the game on the radio though. (This type of game should be on TV in Chicago.)

This better be a start of something better...

41-36 Illinois at half.

That last foul on Pruitt was complete horse s***, even Bilas and Raftery knew it.

Carter is having a real nice game. We need to keep up the intensity on defense and force them into more stupid shots. Zona isn't exactly the smartest team around. If we can lengthen our possessions and finish em and not turn the ball over, we'll give ourselves a chance at the end. Can't let Zona have one of their apparently patented runs that they've had against others this year.