Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
the refs were bad but totally didnt do us in although they made it much easier for arizona to score offensively ala the washington game last year; we still did nothing on the offensive end aggresive for a long stretch in that 2nd half

this game was eerily familiar to the 2001? elite eight game where everyone on our team fouled out and we lost to them

The refs did us in. They took Pruitt out with awful calls and Warren out with weak calls. Those two were dominating the game. The Rich play at the end was called horribly. The basket shouldn't have counted-no continuation in college, and it was a very debatable intentional. The refs were a f***ing joke. And I don't want anyone saying you have to play through it. You can't play through it when your whole front line is taken out with foul trouble. The Pruitt call in the first half was just awful. It was a foul on Zona, he should have been going for a 3 pt play, instead he picks up his 3rd foul.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois showed everyone that they can play, at times, they were a GREAT team today.

The refs pretty much gave the game to zona with all the foul trouble, but once this team is really healthy, they're going to play tough.

Poor Jimbo.

Two months of trash talking and acting like a Cubs fan talking about the number of KU fans that would be there towards Sleepysoxfan, and then they come out and lay a massive egg after Self extends himself. :lol:

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
Dawgs win against St. Louis 65-56! SIU! Western Kentucky here we come!!

Good to see some offense on the boards.

Interesting game, the refs literally tried to keep SLU in it, it was brutal officiating(seems to be the theme of today). Matt Shaw again was very good, Falker was fantastic and Mr. Mullins has finally realized when he gets into the lane he can go up and doesn't need to kick it out every darn time. Also the bench played a ton of quality minutes today, Falker and TY got into foul trouble and didn't play much in the first half and thankfully the bench was able to play some good minutes. Young is still MIA, once he gets going again(and he will) we might have actually have a...here goes....solid offense.

Shockers choked away a 17 point lead the quickest I've ever seen before, but they end up hanging on to win. Thanks in big part to a missed break away layup by Demetris Nichols with about 21 seconds left.

Edited by Rowand44

Wichita State was up 15 late, 'Cuse goes on a 17-2 run to tie it with a minute plus to go. WSU hits a free throw and gets a stop. Up 1 about 40 seconds left 'Cuse steals it and has an open layup. The guy missed it off the front rim, WSU gets the rebound, hits both free throws and wins the game. Geez. That said, the Shockers have won @LSU and @Cuse. Top 10?

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 10:27 PM)
yeah it was funny when it happened like 3 years ago :P

Well I obviously knew it happened a while ago, but I never saw it. So I saw it and I laughed, so I thought I'd share my laughs. :P

What the hell did I just say?

I meant to say one of you should send him that text message. I didn't send one cause I don't know his number.

My typing just sucked as usual but I think it would be hillarious. I even though something stupid like Milledge for McCarthy would be hillarious cause he'd be ridiculously pissed.

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Dec 2, 2006 -> 03:28 PM)
must of missed it when i was catching up in the thread....

I think OSU saw that in order to compete with the top tier teams they are going to need a strong inside presence. He needs to be ready by the time they play Florida. With some soft games before that one I see this as a great move to help integrate him into the system.

I would say his presence was noticed with 5 blocks in small min. Even with one hand he is a force on both ends of the floor.