Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fullerton down 6 against the Bruins. A total joke though cause Affalo hit a 3 following a Fullerton charge as time expired. The joke was that it wasn't a charge (even the Bruins announcers were laughing about the poor call) so it should be a 2-3 point game.

Lets get em Titans!!!

UAB beat Minnesota tonight 88-81 in double OT.

UAB really should have blown the Gohphers out of the gym, but for some reason they slowed their pace and started playing exclusively half court basketball, allowing Minnesota to claw back into it. Minnesota just kept hanging around and even had a couple of key possessions where they could have had big momentum swings, but couldn't make it happen.

Eventually, their lack of depth killed them as their two guards fouled out and they had no real scoring option beyond McKenzie. I don't see Minnesota faring real well in the Big Ten this year (earth shattering news, I know).

UAB is still trying to find their identity under Mike Davis. They play better when the are playing at a hectic pace, yet they keep trying to slow things down.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:09 PM)
And UIC absolutely blew out NIU, I was very surprised to see that.

Most of our team has the flu, and Rob Judson sucks and is going to get fired after this season. Don't be surprised. And damn Iowa sucks, losing at home even though UNI played like poop.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 11:28 PM)
Washington State beats the Zags by 10. UCLA ended up blowing it open in the 2nd half against Gage's Titans.

The Zags can't win road games against even moderately good teams, which is why they don't play OOC road games very often.

BTW, random....I met Lou Henson at tonights game. I guess Judson and Collins (the 2 coaches) both played for him with the Illini, and he's visiting Illinois, so he checked out the game. Nice guy, and looked surprisingly good for the health issues he's been going through.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)
UAB beat Minnesota tonight 88-81 in double OT.

UAB really should have blown the Gohphers out of the gym, but for some reason they slowed their pace and started playing exclusively half court basketball, allowing Minnesota to claw back into it. Minnesota just kept hanging around and even had a couple of key possessions where they could have had big momentum swings, but couldn't make it happen.

Eventually, their lack of depth killed them as their two guards fouled out and they had no real scoring option beyond McKenzie. I don't see Minnesota faring real well in the Big Ten this year (earth shattering news, I know).

:(

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 7, 2006 -> 03:17 AM)
SOLID game for the illini tonight against IUPUI, jamar and rich were both draining the 3's. Pruitt and carter had a good night inside, it was just an all around great team effort.

For them to make any noise in the Big Ten Jamar Smith and Brian Randle are both going to need to get and stay healthy. Also Carter needs to continue the way he is playing and Pruitt needs to demand the ball more often. It would be nice to see Rich McBride contribute moreso too but after seeing him a few games im not counting on it.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
For them to make any noise in the Big Ten Jamar Smith and Brian Randle are both going to need to get and stay healthy. Also Carter needs to continue the way he is playing and Pruitt needs to demand the ball more often. It would be nice to see Rich McBride contribute moreso too but after seeing him a few games im not counting on it.

this illini team at full strength will suprise people, but if jamar and randle can't get fully healthy, they'll have their fair share of problems.

The way they've played through all of the injuries already has shown alot of people that the younger guys on this team can contribute, they just need a few leaders out there.

Per Tupper's blog:

One player won’t be with the Illini, almost certainly for the rest of the season. Freshman Richard Semrau underwent surgery Wednesday to remove an internal infection that had formed after a fairly serious contusion to the lining of his chest wall nearly two weeks ago.

Semrau took an elbow during practice on Thanksgiving Day and while simultaneously fighting flu symptoms, he wasn’t sure what was going on. Fortunately, team doctors decided to put him in the hospital and do some tests. Weber said the situation was serious. “It’s the kind of thing if you don’t catch it, it can be life-threatening,” he said.

Semrau is expected to be in the hospital for another three or four days and doctors say he won’t be ready to return for six to eight weeks. He’s already lost 19 pounds. An Illini football player who had this type of infection was out for six months. His family is expected to arrive from Ohio today.

He’s almost certain to seek a medical redshirt.

Get well soon Rich :pray

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Marquette vs. Wisconsin tomorrow. You guys with no allegiance to either team better be cheering for the Eagles... (I'm looking specifically at the guys I shared a hotel room on a certain Cincy trip) :)

sorry, i won't hate on marquette, but i have to support my big ten brethren.

wisconsin :cheers

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
Marquette vs. Wisconsin tomorrow. You guys with no allegiance to either team better be cheering for the Eagles... (I'm looking specifically at the guys I shared a hotel room on a certain Cincy trip) :)

Problem is steve nor I will see any of the game probably, as we'll be at the UC watching Illinois/UIC.

a win would be huge for you guys, wiscy is damn good.

Eh, why not. Good luck tomorrow. We got our hands full tomorrow as well as we're playing a very, very good Western Kentucky team in Bowling Green.

EDIT: I'm also going to be a big fan of team Greasy tomorrow as I want IU to have the best record possible going into next Sunday.

Edited by Rowand44

WHOOO Iowa...at least I got bragging rights over Heads. Iowa wins in football and basketball and will probably suck in both but at least we got those wins. That said I'm calling the Longhorns upset right here and right now in the bowl game and I still say Iowa has a chance to back its way in the tourney because we are developing some serious talent.

James Hughes is really good, our freshman PG Cody Yelder is really good, and I can't wait till next year until Rob Judson is gone. What a bust he's been as a coach, even with last year's division title.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)
WHOOO Iowa...at least I got bragging rights over Heads. Iowa wins in football and basketball and will probably suck in both but at least we got those wins. That said I'm calling the Longhorns upset right here and right now in the bowl game and I still say Iowa has a chance to back its way in the tourney because we are developing some serious talent.

I was with you until the bolded.....the Iowa hoops team still only has 2 legit good basketball players right now, and the football team is going to get run off the field by Tejas.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)

Justin? Is that you Justin? :bang

Iowa over Texas? LOL. Let me know if you want to make that game 'interesting.'

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 03:20 AM)
Justin? Is that you Justin? :bang

I'm right here, sir. :P Jeez, I guess I'm just going to have to win the bowl pool as well, so I can sweep your pools this year(hell, include fantasy football) before you start respecting my picks. :P :D

Edited by Rowand44