Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
Ok...

Your definition of 'very good' is interesting.

I never said they were a great team but they are indeed a very good team. I'm sure you're looking at the Florida score and that's why you don't think highly of them but that crap happens at times. Like I said before Courtney Lee is an absolute superstar.

On a side note, why the hell are we arguing about everything lately? :lol:

Also, I'm going to post more for you: The Valley was perfect ooc today, beating teams like Western Kentucky, Butler, Xavier and Wyoming. The conference is now 2nd overall in rpi(early for this obviously, but still a very nice feat). All this info for you Brian since I know you love the Valley so much. :)

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
SIU>>>>>>>UofI :bringit

You got about 2 more weeks....once Illinois is healthy, they are better.

Oh, and I guess if that IU/Notre Dame game happens, it's a battle for 3rd best team in Indiana, not 2nd (kidding, I think)....but props to Indiana State anyways.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
You got about 2 more weeks....once Illinois is healthy, they are better.

While I'm not going to argue about a game that's never going to happen, I would certainly like our chances. And that's nothing against Illinois at all as I think they're a very good and highly underrated team this year.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
While I'm not going to argue about a game that's never going to happen, I would certainly like our chances. And that's nothing against Illinois at all as I think they're a very good and highly underrated team this year.

Oh I wouldn't take the time to argue either. In all honesty, I think they are very close, and it would be a great game on a neutral floor. My point moreso is the Illini, when healthy, have a talent advantage. SIU very well might be better, but the SIU fans here (other than you) who are like "SIU is so clearly better, wahoo!" are nuts.

However, this Illini team needs to learn to play 40 minutes, and that's on the players, not Bruce. They played 30 or so outstanding minutes against Arizona, Maryland, and UIC.....but the 10 bad ones made them 1-2, and nearly 0-3 (I was at the UC today) in those games.

Also, I went to Evanston tonight since I had never seen a NW game at Welsh-Ryan, and I got my money's worth for sure. NW won I believe it ended 75-73 in OT, as Western Michigan missed a 3 to win it very late. Craig Moore hit about 7 three's, and NW's very impressive freshman Kevin Coble looked very good, both had to have had about 25 points. WMU is the favorite to win the MAC West this year (especially with my beloved NIU struggling :(), and had already beaten Virginia Tech in a neutral game (actually, that was in the tourney SIU played in as well around Thanksgiving), so that's a decent win for a rebuilding NW team.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
If IU is a mid-major, I'd hate to see what other programs would be called.

5 National Titles, yeah, mid major.

Laughable. Guess EJ thought they were mid majors too.

It was a jokkkkkkkkkke.

And as for the EJ shot, I could care less on that situation.

2 more college hoops thoughts:

#1. Purdue is legit. To blow away a 9-0 Misery team like that is impressive, and at 8-1, i'm nervous about them. Matt Painter is doing a hell of a job.

#2. They did blow the 10 point lead and lose by 3, but after seeing the (B)uffalo (B)ulls play #2 Pitt so tough today, I think we have our #1 candidate for Kansas' undoing come the first round this March. They are a solid team and are a top 2 candidate (along with Akron) to win the MAC too, so hmmm....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 01:41 AM)
Couldn't agree more. Purdue is a damn good team with a damn good future under Mr. Painter.

I thought they were legit before today, because I had seen them on TV a few times and was impressed, but this sealed the deal. And they have that studly 4 player class of all 4 star recruits, all from Indiana, coming in next fall. Look out.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)
Also, I went to Evanston tonight since I had never seen a NW game at Welsh-Ryan, and I got my money's worth for sure. NW won I believe it ended 75-73 in OT, as Western Michigan missed a 3 to win it very late. Craig Moore hit about 7 three's, and NW's very impressive freshman Kevin Coble looked very good, both had to have had about 25 points. WMU is the favorite to win the MAC West this year (especially with my beloved NIU struggling :(), and had already beaten Virginia Tech in a neutral game (actually, that was in the tourney SIU played in as well around Thanksgiving), so that's a decent win for a rebuilding NW team.

If Moore can keep doing that, they're a lot more dangerous. I like Coble, but he seems to disappear for long stretches. Doyle looks so amazingly bad for long streches but he somehow still produces. The rest of that team is quite bad though, Williams and Scott should not be playing on a Big Ten team, and Okreszik looks the same way now after a good start. They're not quite as terrible as I originally thought, but I'm still very worried about Big Ten play.

Tough crowd. It's certainly not the dunk of the year but it was a pretty impressive dunk and you definitely don't see something like that 4 times a night. He got up extremely high, caught it with one hand and slammed it down with authority. I was impressed.