Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... don't know how I missed this, but apparently next year, there will be a Big East/SEC Challenge (different format than the BT/ACC Challenge, however). Four teams will play against each other for three years, and since the Big East has 16, four teams won't participate from the BE.

http://thecardreport.blogspot.com/2006/06/...es-reality.html

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Sleepy, can you please tell DePaul to make up their mind on wether they want to be good or not? Thanks.

This team depends all on the play of Chandler and Meijia. If those 2 are more consistent, DePaul will be, and if they aren't (like it's been so far), they won't. DePaul should at least win 4 of their next 5, if not all 5, due to their only schedule letup though, so they could easily be 10-5 heading to Villanova and then hosting Pitt.

Oh, and Iowa State won, so Heads will be happy. They better watch it next game though, hosting dangerous Bradley in a trap game since their game after is at tOSU.

So my winter break has become completely scheduled around the College Basketball games that I'm going to. SIU @ IU this sunday, SIU vs. Wichita State on New Years day, tOSU @ Illinois on the 6th and tOSU @ Wisc on the 9th.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 10:16 PM)
So my winter break has become completely scheduled around the College Basketball games that I'm going to. SIU @ IU this sunday, SIU vs. Wichita State on New Years day, tOSU @ Illinois on the 6th and tOSU @ Wisc on the 9th.

No SIU vs. Central Michigan? Weak!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)
This team depends all on the play of Chandler and Meijia. If those 2 are more consistent, DePaul will be, and if they aren't (like it's been so far), they won't. DePaul should at least win 4 of their next 5, if not all 5, due to their only schedule letup though, so they could easily be 10-5 heading to Villanova and then hosting Pitt.

Oh, and Iowa State won, so Heads will be happy. They better watch it next game though, hosting dangerous Bradley in a trap game since their game after is at tOSU.

When you suck this bad there ain't no trap games. It sucks we have to play in Des Moines, but we've already lost to Drake at home, so I suppose that's that.

I'm scared of the absolute raping Ohio State will give Iowa State. I'm usually a teensey bit optimistic when ISU plays a top 10 team because we can pull an upset now and then, except....

1. Not at Hilton

2. Means its in Columbus

3. Lack of big man play

4. lack of guard play

5. It seems Ohio State is good this year

6. We seem to suck

7. It's not Kansas

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
Well, I am of the belief that when your guards and bigs aren't good, your team will tend to struggle. It's kinda like a similar theory I have with football that if your offense and defense suck, you might have issues.

How'd ESPN ever let you get away? :D

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Northwestern losing at the half to WHEATON COLLEGE

They win by 2, as a game winning 3 by Wheaton rims off at the horn. This comes after NW beat North Florida by only 1 on a late basket, and LOST to Cornell. Yet, they beat DePaul by 10 and also beat Miami of Florida. Bizarre.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
They win by 2, as a game winning 3 by Wheaton rims off at the horn. This comes after NW beat North Florida by only 1 on a late basket, and LOST to Cornell. Yet, they beat DePaul by 10 and also beat Miami of Florida. Bizarre.

If we only hit 4 3's a lot of teams are going to hang around (or beat us in most cases). Also, it's probably a bad sign when WHEATON COLLEGE beats you on the glass by 14. :o

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
Wisconsin beats up on Pitt a tad, 89-75. Congrats Badgers!

Too bad one Big 10 team will be losing a non-conference game in Bloomington tomorrow.

Thats what you think.

Edited by He_Gawn

Not a good day for the Big East today.

Pitt loses to Wiscy. At least I don't feel so bad about the four point loss last weekend now...

Louisville goes down to Kentucky, and I can't believe there's a team out there that's worse at shooting threes than Marquette.

Cincy already down 19 in the first half to Ohio State on a neutral court. Not that I expected anything different, but still.

Marquette won, but this game (UMBC) and the remaining OOC games are all (should be) cupcakes.

I was at the Wisco - Pitt game today!! It was awesome!! Alando is making his case for player of the year early, 28 against #20 Marquette and 32 against #2 Pitt. Early Statements.

Badgers should be #3 or #4 after this win. Big Ten is tough with OSU and UW at the top of it with MSU and PU and Mich pulling up behind.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
ISU goes like 4-5 minutes without a field goal to pretty much give it to Bradley after being completely in it the whole way.

If you were watching, what did you think of the Johnson and Johnson kids? They are clearly our future. Certainly can't fault the two for effort.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
McDermott should have never left the Valley.

I'm starting to warm to him, but I think his in-game coaching abilities are overrated. He just doesn't make adjustments that seem to make a difference.

BTW, Drake up 9 on Iowa.