Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we go 9-7 in the big 12 we can make the tourney. i think our press will screw with a few teams but we are pretty bad at rebounding. Lawrence is dynomite for threes and hannah is a baller. I think this year we'll make a splash just in the fact that playing against anderson is going to be a b-word to prepare for. I'm excited.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)
Missouri isn't likely a top half of the conference team in the Big 12. Better teams include Kansas, A&M, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, Kansas State and possibly Baylor.

Then again, a compentent coach might make a difference.

Tech and Kansas State? Are you serious? K State is a different team with Walker, but Tech?! Tech has won at Arkansas and lost at Stanford as well as a couple top 25 road losses. They've proven as much as Mizzou to this point, I doubt they are a better team. I would have agreed with Baylor earlier, but the Bears have struggled so far this year.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 19, 2006 -> 10:47 PM)
Mizzou is maybe the 8th best team in the big 12.

KU, A&M, Texas, Tech, OU, Ok State, Baylor, then ISU and Mizzou

This is about as easy as you can get.

ISU and OU are horrible. How can you put OU ahead of OSU? It's also a conveniently biased list as you have K State lower than they probably belong as well. KU #1, MU and KSU very low. Good to know you think with a clear head.

Geez, Mizzou almost (and should have if they could grab a clutch rebound) beat Illinois and they are getting hated on. I don't mean to claim a moral victory, but Mizzou is probably a bubble team come the end of the year.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 03:07 AM)
Tech and Kansas State? Are you serious? K State is a different team with Walker, but Tech?! Tech has won at Arkansas and lost at Stanford as well as a couple top 25 road losses. They've proven as much as Mizzou to this point, I doubt they are a better team. I would have agreed with Baylor earlier, but the Bears have struggled so far this year.

ISU and OU are horrible. How can you put OU ahead of OSU? It's also a conveniently biased list as you have K State lower than they probably belong as well. KU #1, MU and KSU very low. Good to know you think with a clear head.

Geez, Mizzou almost (and should have if they could grab a clutch rebound) beat Illinois and they are getting hated on. I don't mean to claim a moral victory, but Mizzou is probably a bubble team come the end of the year.

My order was just off the top of my head. Tech is very tough at home, with their loony tunes fans. KSate with Walker is blah, Coach Thuggins is not long for that job.

Nobody cares, but I'm extremely jacked to go see SIU play live for the first time since graduation in 2001. Will be odd driving through campus today.

Too bad no college girls will be around to goggle at. Will also stop at 710 or the Bookstore to get a hoodie.

Go Dawgs!

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 10:14 AM)
Nobody cares, but I'm extremely jacked to go see SIU play live for the first time since graduation in 2001. Will be odd driving through campus today.

Too bad no college girls will be around to goggle at. Will also stop at 710 or the Bookstore to get a hoodie.

Go Dawgs!

there could be some stragglers????

first off, due to the nature of the rivalry i think it's pretty shallow to just look at who missouri played previously, add that to the result of the illinois game and draw any conclusions about anything. with last year excepted, missouri and illinois generally play each other really, really tough.

with all that said, i've seen illinois three times now and am thoroughly unimpressed. this is easily the worst team we've fielded in quite some time. this team is inconsistent, lacks quicks in the backcourt, and has no real leader or go-to person.

all that said, they'll come out of the non-con with at least 12 wins, and will probably win at least 10 in the big ten and earn a tournament berth. however, that's more of an indictment of the big ten's weakness this year than any reflection of how good this team is or isn't.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 10:18 AM)
first off, due to the nature of the rivalry i think it's pretty shallow to just look at who missouri played previously, add that to the result of the illinois game and draw any conclusions about anything. with last year excepted, missouri and illinois generally play each other really, really tough.

with all that said, i've seen illinois three times now and am thoroughly unimpressed. this is easily the worst team we've fielded in quite some time. this team is inconsistent, lacks quicks in the backcourt, and has no real leader or go-to person.

all that said, they'll come out of the non-con with at least 12 wins, and will probably win at least 10 in the big ten and earn a tournament berth. however, that's more of an indictment of the big ten's weakness this year than any reflection of how good this team is or isn't.

yesterday's news, im more inclined to talk about Brian and his chance with townies in Carbondale.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
yesterday's news, im more inclined to talk about Brian and his chance with townies in Carbondale.

i wasn't really talking to you. enjoy your discussion with brian.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
my goodness as soon as the illini lost their talent then turned into little whiners.

what does that mean? do you have a link for a jimbo to english translation or something?

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 10:27 AM)
what does that mean? do you have a link for a jimbo to english translation or something?

When the Illini were actually good for.....oh 1 year, they were on top of the world. Now, as reality has shown its ugly face, the fans are just hard and bitter.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)
When the Illini were actually good for.....oh 1 year, they were on top of the world. Now, as reality has shown its ugly face, the fans are just hard and bitter.

one year? lol. that doesn't even need rebuttal. it's absurdity stands on its own.

but no, not hard or bitter. just realistic. i look at my team for what it is not for what i think it could be or should be. and right now it is not very good.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 10:32 AM)
one year? lol. that doesn't even need rebuttal. it's absurdity stands on its own.

but no, not hard or bitter. just realistic. i look at my team for what it is not for what i think it could be or should be. and right now it is not very good.

hey at least you can admit that.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 10:19 AM)

Yes! It is a 90 minute drive from my aunts than coming back right after the game. At least I am guaranteed cheerleades to look at while the Salukis destroy the Chippewas or whatever Central Michigan is.

QUOTE(Brian @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Yes! It is a 90 minute drive from my aunts than coming back right after the game. At least I am guaranteed cheerleades to look at while the Salukis destroy the Chippewas or whatever Central Michigan is.

There's about one good looking cheerleader this year, rather disappointing. Anyways, have a good time and bring home a W. :headbang