Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(danman31 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 03:07 AM)
Tech and Kansas State? Are you serious? K State is a different team with Walker, but Tech?! Tech has won at Arkansas and lost at Stanford as well as a couple top 25 road losses. They've proven as much as Mizzou to this point, I doubt they are a better team. I would have agreed with Baylor earlier, but the Bears have struggled so far this year.

ISU and OU are horrible. How can you put OU ahead of OSU? It's also a conveniently biased list as you have K State lower than they probably belong as well. KU #1, MU and KSU very low. Good to know you think with a clear head.

Geez, Mizzou almost (and should have if they could grab a clutch rebound) beat Illinois and they are getting hated on. I don't mean to claim a moral victory, but Mizzou is probably a bubble team come the end of the year.

It's nice to have Big 12 discussion in this thread......

As long as Knight is coaching at Tech, they are an upper division team in the conference to me. They have the best player in the conference. As far as Mizzou, they are a wait and see team to me. They haven't sustained any real success since the Big 8 days when they were unstoppable. I'll go on the record to say Mizzou will do no better than split against Iowa State this year.

Mizzou will have to prove it to me.They've been bad for far too long. Fortunately, they play Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa State twice this year, so that's likely 5-6 wins that will go in their back pocket, as I do think they are better than all three of those teams. Throw in a likely win against OU, a win or two out of the four games with the two Kansas schools, and win in games against Baylor or Tech, and they have a .500 conference record. The fact that they were beat by a good margin in their only road game doesn't suggest overwhelming success in the conference.

Also, their arena is named after a girl, or at least it was.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 02:39 PM)
It's nice to have Big 12 discussion in this thread......

As long as Knight is coaching at Tech, they are an upper division team in the conference to me. They have the best player in the conference. As far as Mizzou, they are a wait and see team to me. They haven't sustained any real success since the Big 8 days when they were unstoppable. I'll go on the record to say Mizzou will do no better than split against Iowa State this year.

Mizzou will have to prove it to me.They've been bad for far too long. Fortunately, they play Colorado, Nebraska and Iowa State twice this year, so that's likely 5-6 wins that will go in their back pocket, as I do think they are better than all three of those teams. Throw in a likely win against OU, a win or two out of the four games with the two Kansas schools, and win in games against Baylor or Tech, and they have a .500 conference record. The fact that they were beat by a good margin in their only road game doesn't suggest overwhelming success in the conference.

Also, their arena is named after a girl, or at least it was.

you should stop talking big 12, you know its either illini or bust....

heads anytime you want to talk a little big 12, pm me or ill give you my aim.

Hey, Texas Tech's offense is very dangerous. You watch it for 10 minutes, you fall asleep, and when you wake up 20 minutes later they have scored like 4 straight points on you.

This one time I woke up and they had scored 8 straight points on another team, and I was so confused I spent 20 minutes searching through the channels for the right game.

Edited by Palehosefan

Our sharpshooting freshman is back from injury today to the surprise of everyone. :headbang :headbang It was a big debate on whether he was going to redshirt or not but yay he's back and it could be a huge addition, considering our O against a zone, having a shooter out there is huge.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Our sharpshooting freshman is back from injury today to the surprise of everyone. :headbang :headbang It was a big debate on whether he was going to redshirt or not but yay he's back and it could be a huge addition, considering our O against a zone, having a shooter out there is huge.

Does he have a name?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 20, 2006 -> 07:54 PM)
Nope. :P

Josh Bone.

Dawgs up 33-18 at half against a real bad Central Michigan team. Just good to see that there is no hang over effect from Sunday.

He has a very good looking jumper but just off tonight. He was probably nervous. I listened to the post game on the way home and Lowery said they were gonna play him against Indiana but thought it would be better to have his first game at home.

SIU played good against a zone tonight. They swung the ball efficiently and knocked down a lot of jumpers. Shaw rules and Justin is blind because the cheerleaders and dancers were hot. Lot hotter than when I was there.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 21, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
Duke takes on Gonzaga tonight. Ravio should make Paulus look like a fool tonight. How is that Duke does not go on the road until Jan 10th??

I dont count MSG as a road game, since its like their second home.

LMAO! hearing a Kansas fan complain about scheduling is like listening to a Red Sox fan complain about payroll dollars.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Dec 21, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
Duke takes on Gonzaga tonight. Ravio should make Paulus look like a fool tonight. How is that Duke does not go on the road until Jan 10th??

I dont count MSG as a road game, since its like their second home.

A lot of the big time schools schedule like that, it's ridiculous.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 21, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
I believe a few years ago Iowa State wanted to set up a home and home with Duke, but, no dice, Duke wouldn't come to Ames.

Both Kansas and Illinois have tried the same thing within the past year. Again, no dice. I actually believe both went as far as offering a neutral-home game(ie Chicago for Illinois) while playing Duke's end at Cameron.