Official College Basketball Thread

Everyone do yourself a favor, don't think of Vitale as an announcer anymore. He's just a glorified cheerleader. He used to provide insight into strategy and recruiting that you couldn't get many other places, but now he's just a cheerleader with worn out sayings and rants that are repeated broadcast after broadcast.

He does nice things for cancer research and other things, but his days in basketball announcing need to be over. Duke fans don't even like him, that's really saying something.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only chance IU has to beat OSU tonight is to try and run them out of the gym. The times OSU has looked vulnerable is when they have tired after playing an uptempo game.

Catch is, I'm not sure IU has the personnel to do so. Nor am I convinced that Sampson can or is willing to coach that style. I guess we shall see pretty quickly tonight.

I'm just hoping IU can stay close in this one. OSU seems to have the advantage in every facet of the game. One thing IU has done well is defend the three, which Ohio State loves to shoot the three.

IU has been in every game thus far, but I expect this to be the toughest test to date by far. Need someone other than DJ to step up and have a big game to have a chance to pull the upset.

As far as how the Hoosiers have played thus far this year, I couldn't be happier. They lack a true scorer, but their defense has been outstanding all season long. Great coaching, which is something we haven't seen in a while and the guys are playing really hard, another thing we haven't seen in a while. Heading in the right direction thanks to KS.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 06:26 PM)
Does Duke have more games on TV than they even play in the season?

No seriously, it's a possibility, because there are certain Duke games that have that "full circle" coverage where they are on 3 or 4 different channels.

You could be right, I'm sure one of the Duke-UNC game will be "full circle." Not to mention they haven't played a true road game yet.

Glad OSU got the win but they really did not look that good. They look tired and out of shape late in games. Also they are absurd from the charity stripe. Missing foul shots is not excusable in the 2nd half of a game.

Mizzou beat Mississippi State 83-75 to move to 11-2 tonight. I wouldn't post, but there were a couple of points in the postgame report.

As Missouri prepares to open its Big 12 season Saturday at home against Iowa State, the Tigers already are just one victory shy of last season's win total. The team's 11-2 start marks its best since 1998-99, the final year of Norm Stewart's long reign as Tigers coach.

The first half of Tuesday's contest was a game of runs. Mizzou opened the contest with a 13-0 run, before Mississippi State responded with a 13-0 run of its own. Then the Bulldogs used a 12-2 run to build a 10-point lead, before the Tigers closed the half with a 16-0 run to take a 43-37 lead into halftime.

The first being a bash of Quin Snyder and the second is just cool.

indiana played well at points last night and no doubt shot the ball extremely well from three-point range. that kept them in the game.

what took them out of it was their complete inability to defend pick-and-roll. ohio state just ate them up with it over and over again.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jan 2, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
Vitale kept b****ing about IU not being there, did he ever stop to think that one R. Montgomery Knight didn't want them down there?

Have you ever BEEN to Lubbock? I'd rather stay in Bloomington and release a statement.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Open up against Michigan tonight. If we don't win, we could be looking at a quick 0-2 in conference play.

And the first 3 game skid in Bruce's tenure.

We gotta win this one.

Amaker has gone to a young line up. Abrams is the only senior he has been starting. Michigan can not beat a half way decent team.

Illinois will run away with it. I can't believe how down I have gotten on Michigan basketball, thank God for SIU!!

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
Where the f u c k is wfbt channel 48??? I even brought out the bunny ears to try to look for the damn channel...

Damnit. Enjoy your game on wciu, illini fans. :(

Nice...found it on channel 104 with the antenna here in Chicago... :angry:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 08:23 PM)
f***ing trash, does anyone on this f***ing team wanna play ball?

You're following the DePaul game too?

We're about to lose to st freakin' johns shooting less than 30% and about 50% from the line with the patented stand-around-and-go-1-on-1 jerry wainwright offense.

Pa-f'in-thetic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 3, 2007 -> 08:29 PM)
You're following the DePaul game too?

We're about to lose to st freakin' johns shooting less than 30% and about 50% from the line with the patented stand-around-and-go-1-on-1 jerry wainwright offense.

Pa-f'in-thetic

Could be worse...

you would be losing to Michigan by 9...

This is a f***ing joke.

CORRECTION: Down 12.

Edited by WHarris1