MISSOURI W (11-12, 2-7)

at Texas L (11-13, 2-8)

OKLAHOMA L (11-14, 2-9)

at Kansas State L (11-15, 2-10)

COLORADO W (12-15, 3-10)

at Kansas L (12-16, 3-11)

at Nebraska L (12-17, 3-12)

TEXAS TECH L (12-18, 3-13)

Big 12 Conference Tournament L (12-19, 3-14)

Optimistically:

EA Sports W

Wayne State W

UC-Riverside W (1-0)

Louisiana-Monroe W (2-0)

Eastern Illinois W (3-0)

NORFOLK STATE W (4-0)

Minnesota L (4-1)

LAKE SUPERIOR STATE W (5-1)

at Northern Iowa W (6-1)

DRAKE W (7-1)

Iowa L (7-2)

SAVANNAH STATE W (8-2)

Bradley W (9-2)

Ohio State L (9-3)

SOUTHEAST MISSOURI STATE W (10-3)

NORTH DAKOTA STATE W (11-3)

at Missouri W (12-3, 1-0)

NEBRASKA W (13-3, 2-0)

KANSAS L (13-4, 2-1)

at Colorado L (13-5, 2-2)

KANSAS STATE W (14-5, 3-2)

at Oklahoma State L (14-6, 3-3)

at Texas A&M L (14-7, 3-4)

BAYLOR W (15-7, 4-4)

MISSOURI W (16-7, 5-4)

at Texas L (16-8, 5-5)

OKLAHOMA L (16-9, 5-6)

at Kansas State L (16-10, 5-7)

COLORADO W (17-10, 6-7)

at Kansas L (17-11, 6-8)

at Nebraska W (18-11, 7-8)

TEXAS TECH W (19-11, 8-8)

Big 12 Conference Tournament W, L (20-12, 9-9)

NIT L (20-13, 9-9)

Honestly, we'll probably be somewhere in the middle, maybe 15-15, 6-10.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
Are they wearing those the entire season, or just for a couple games? They are awful.

Once again, the uniforms, along with the patch, are to commemorate the late Coach Meyer. The uniforms are modeled after the late 70's, early 80's DePaul uniforms, which was when DePaul was essentially on top of the college basketball world: Coach's greatest days. The 42 is the number of years he coached at DePaul, and the 724 is his number of victories...

And yes, those will be the uniforms, along with the patch, for the entire year. Some people hate 'em, most luv 'em. Personally, I luv them, particularly because of the historical significance. I'd be even happier if they brought back the old Billy Blue Demon logo...

Josh Bone our one incoming freshman this season is out 4-6 weeks now. That to go along with Chris Cornelius being out for the season and we've lost a bit of the great depth it looked like we were going to have. Hopefully Bone can come back healthy and be able to contribute but for the mean time we'll still be fine just with less depth than before.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Josh Bone our one incoming freshman this season is out 4-6 weeks now. That to go along with Chris Cornelius being out for the season and we've lost a bit of the great depth it looked like we were going to have. Hopefully Bone can come back healthy and be able to contribute but for the mean time we'll still be fine just with less depth than before.

Heh, you said bone.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 02:31 PM)
I hate both of you so much. :)

I smell tag team death match. Rowand/Brian vs. SnB/Krush! Carbondale vs. Champaign!

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)

What? Why? I'm hoping the student section starts bring big fake bones to games when he gets good!

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
We'd win in the first 10 seconds. :D

Brian could be a 3 foot midget and I'd still put my money on the Rowand/Brian combo. Steve would be busy drooling over Row's hair/burns and well Krush would be too busy throwing up from such moments as Paul Konerko's grand slam :lol:

Now if it was Row/Brian vs Krush/Krush's GF, than the money is on Krush's GF. She's got fire and well she hates the Hawkeyes (Illini fans loss).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
Brian could be a 3 foot midget and I'd still put my money on the Rowand/Brian combo. Steve would be busy drooling over Row's hair/burns and well Krush would be too busy throwing up from such moments as Paul Konerko's grand slam :lol:

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

"i love inside jokes, i hope to be a part of one someday" -michael scott

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)

Now if it was Row/Brian vs Krush/Krush's GF, than the money is on Krush's GF. She's got fire and well she hates the Hawkeyes (Illini fans loss).

This year is going to be real rough for your Hawkeyes, i'd stay away from her :cheers

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
This year is going to be real rough for your Hawkeyes, i'd stay away from her :cheers

We got the most athletic team Alford has had yet. The problem is we don't have the leaders like Brunner/Horner anymore so new guys will have to step up. I'm not saying we'll be as good as we were last year, but this is the type of team that if they can pull out games early they should be able to gel into a team that can get a couple big victories that look good and could push them into the tourney (although they'll definately be a bubble team, I don't expect them to be locks by all means).

And of course they may not have a leader emerge and they could get flat Powned. But the talent is there and the following years recruiting class is looking very very good on paper with the chance of being great (especially by Iowa standards).

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 27, 2006 -> 10:42 AM)
Lots of buzz as a sleeper...returning 98% of the offense from last year including 4 double-digit scorers...2nd year for a well-respected coach who's creating good vibes...a potentially huge break-out year for sophmore Chandler along with a solid senior year from Mejia...top-notch schedule...and probably most importantly, we're in the best conference in the nation...

That's how. :D

IMO the SEC will be the best basketball conference in the nation this year...7 teams IMO will make the tourney from that conference(Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina, and LSU)

Sure, the BEast might match that, but there are also going to be that large amount of extra mediocre teams.

So, IMO, top to bottom, I think the SEC will be the best.

I also dont expect SIU to be ranked before conference play, unless we win the ESPNU or Old Spice classic or whatever its called. Had we found a real opponent instead of scheduling that pathetic regular season game with a d3 school, then maybe, but that made a somewhat average non con schedule(sans Orlando tournament) actually kind of bad.

Murray State is supposed to be down and they play in one of the worst conferences out there. SLU is probably not a tournament team. Central Michigan and Washington(MO) on the schedule for any reason is just terrible and somewhat laughable(if it had just been CMU, it wouldnt of been so bad...Wash U shouldnt of been on there for any reason, and that game will give the selection committee a bad taste when it comes time to seed). Western Kentucky IS a quality team, as is Indiana(hopefully). St. Marys will be a scheduling coup, if they can pull a 2005 and make it to the 2005 WCC title game, or in one (or both) of their regular season meetings...or all 3. And now that Milsap has left, Lousiana Tech isnt a quality game anymore. We need a strong bracket buster opponent such as Bucknell or Nevada in Feburary.

And now comes the part where I rant on my dislike of how SIU schedules. Sure we can lament WSU for doing a one and done with Syracuse, but thats how it happens. We cant keep having to rely on bracket buster return games or savvy football coaches getting us quality non con opponents. Murray State and WKU are decent programs but should also be the weakest opponents we schedule. SLU is outgunned in the A10, CMU is awful, Wash U being on the schedule at all is inexcusable. Its time to put up or shut up...schedule the big boys. Give us a game we ALL want to see, SIU vs Illannoy. Bruce says he wants to wait until the boys he recruited are gone...well that time is fast approaching. Do a 2-1. Pimp out the program in Orlando, try to get West Virginia and Arkansas on the schedule next season as non tournament OOC opponents. Dont stubbornly refuse to go to(I cant remember if it was Duke or UNC) on a 1 game gurantee on national TV(yes, Lowery turned that down). Get in the NIT season tip off or whatever they are calling it now. Get emerging teams like Bucknell and Nevada on the schedule...or teams that will soon be there like Utah. Get another series with Kent State. Thats the way you have to schedule now. Waiting for 1 and 1 deals just isnt cutting it. And for all the talk of principle, of not going to a big schools place on a 1 game gurantee...we did the exact same with Wash U, a game that will actually HURT us come seeding time. It was a very hypocritical move and karma will come back and bite us in the rear for it.

Edited by MarlinFan84