Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

far from impressive win tonight at the hall, but i'll take any sort of W at this point.

This team has to learn to consistently get the ball inside. They spent the entire first half chucking up 3's with 5 ticks left on the shot clock.

ISU and TTU both 2-0 in the Big 12, the end is near.

Virginia put up a good effort tonight, but couldn't stay around in the 2nd half with UNC. Still, you won't find a better backcourt in the nation than Sean Singletary and JR Reynolds. Singletary is almost a Jameer Nelson clone.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 10:23 PM)
I don't know why, but I had a feeling that would happen tonight.

Even more impressive since UIC was missing a good portion of their roster and coach.

I was fairly shocked to find out they pulled an upset against the 12th ranked team in the nation several hours ago. Didn't even bother following the broadcast earlier because I assumed Butler would run the floor with UIC. They've been terrible inconsistent, despite a good record within the Horizon League.

You're right about their roster -- two key players Karl White and Spencer Stewart weren't available. About Jimmy Collins, from what I've heard he spoke to them prior to the game. Must have been rather inspiring.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 04:41 AM)
You're right about their roster -- two key players Karl White and Spencer Stewart weren't available. About Jimmy Collins, from what I've heard he spoke to them prior to the game. Must have been rather inspiring.

Wasn't there a third player too? I thought I heard on the radio this morning about someone braking their hand(?) or something and may miss the season.

EDIT: Maybe I'm just making that part up, because I don't see anything about it.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)
Virginia put up a good effort tonight, but couldn't stay around in the 2nd half with UNC. Still, you won't find a better backcourt in the nation than Sean Singletary and JR Reynolds. Singletary is almost a Jameer Nelson clone.

Is Singletary even a PG? I know he's talented but he's having a bad year. 38.1% from the field, and don't use the 'he takes a lot of 3s' argument because his percentage is about the same from both. Also, his assist/turnover is less than 2 to 1.

Also, Jared Jordan of Marist should at least get mention. He's averaging 18.1 points, 8.6 assists, and 6.3 rebounds, which is at least worth mentioning.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 09:44 PM)
far from impressive win tonight at the hall, but i'll take any sort of W at this point.

This team has to learn to consistently get the ball inside. They spent the entire first half chucking up 3's with 5 ticks left on the shot clock.

Once they started to find the soft spot in the zone they looked awesome offensively. Randle had a really nice game. He FINALLY started to drive to the basket again instead of chucking up outside shots. Basically every time he drove it resulted in a dunk, layup, assist, or foul. That's what he needs to do on a nightly basis. Also, McBride finally put the orange thing in the hoop on a consistent basis. We let Iowa back in the game again at the very end with stupid turnovers, but made enough free throws to hang on. Needed that win for sure, phew.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:35 AM)
Offensively, he is far more skilled than Oden IMO.

Oden is also playing almost exclusively with his off(left) hand for FTs and shots still as far as I know; but it is easy to see why Durant would be the #1 pick if Oden doesn't leave this year