Official College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:14 AM)
Oden is also playing almost exclusively with his off(left) hand for FTs and shots still as far as I know; but it is easy to see why Durant would be the #1 pick if Oden doesn't leave this year

Yeah, but he really hasnt developed the back to the basket moves, and cant really take anyone off of a dribble yet. I think Oden is coming back for sure, they say he loves college and his teammates and Matta.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:33 AM)
Once they started to find the soft spot in the zone they looked awesome offensively. Randle had a really nice game. He FINALLY started to drive to the basket again instead of chucking up outside shots. Basically every time he drove it resulted in a dunk, layup, assist, or foul. That's what he needs to do on a nightly basis. Also, McBride finally put the orange thing in the hoop on a consistent basis. We let Iowa back in the game again at the very end with stupid turnovers, but made enough free throws to hang on. Needed that win for sure, phew.

Without Randle you guys would have been toast. Damn, it would have been nice to have that road win.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 07:35 AM)
Offensively, he is far more skilled than Oden IMO.

Durant >>> Oden right now at basketball. Of course Oden plays a tougher position and has all the skill sets so he'll be the #1 pick, but a team will be getting an absolute superstar when they draft Durant.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
Without Randle you guys would have been toast. Damn, it would have been nice to have that road win.

Durant >>> Oden right now at basketball. Of course Oden plays a tougher position and has all the skill sets so he'll be the #1 pick, but a team will be getting an absolute superstar when they draft Durant.

I heard a Jordan=Durant, Oden=Olajuwon comparison from the 84 draft the other day... It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 08:53 AM)
I hope you guys can score, our defense is as good as they get.

It's Hilton, and it should be the best crowd in quite a while.

BTW, Pac10 Big 12 Challenge announced.

BIG 12 / PAC-10 MEN'S BASKETBALL SERIES

Thursday, Nov. 29, 2007

Oregon at Kansas State

Oklahoma at USC

Friday, Nov. 30, 2007

Washington State at Baylor

Iowa State at Oregon State

Saturday, Dec. 1, 2007

Washington at Oklahoma State

Missouri at California

Sunday, Dec. 2, 2007

Arizona State at Nebraska

Stanford at Colorado

Texas at UCLA

Texas A&M at Arizona

Outside the 10-game series window

Arizona at Kansas (Sun., Nov. 25, 2007)

Stanford vs. Texas Tech (Sat., Dec. 22, 2007)

[Neutral Site To Be Determined]

"I thought Indiana just played harder, they played smarter, they were quicker to the basketball,'' Painter said. "They just flat kicked us. I was just disappointed in the effort. Just fight somebody. Go after a rebound, be quick to the basketball, do little things. Take a charge.

Get used to it, Matt. There's more ass kickings to come. Hopefully Moore, Hummel, Martin and Johnson realize that the Hoosiers will be ready to own you all again next season as well. Now I just can't wait until we play Iowa.

Is Singletary even a PG? I know he's talented but he's having a bad year. 38.1% from the field, and don't use the 'he takes a lot of 3s' argument because his percentage is about the same from both. Also, his assist/turnover is less than 2 to 1.

Yes he's a PG, unfortunately for him he and JR Reynolds have to be on fire each night for UVA to have a chance. He has to be a scoring first PG, and his assist/turnover numbers suffer.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:27 PM)
Arizona cool matchup.

Heads would i be wrong to say that if, and thats a HUGE if KU wins on Sat, it would be the first big 12 team to win 3 in a row at Magic Hilton.

I've been saying that before, so yes I think it would. Nebraska had a chance to last night, but we shut down their big goofball.

People need to watch Saturday afternoon to watch a game that showed why the Big Eight was awesome.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:33 PM)
I've been saying that before, so yes I think it would. Nebraska had a chance to last night, but we shut down their big goofball.

People need to watch Saturday afternoon to watch a game that showed why the Big Eight was awesome.

agreed, i fear a KU letdown after pummeling a ranked team.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)
agreed, i fear a KU letdown after pummeling a ranked team.

I'm just glad I can finally get pumped for this game. It was gonna feel hollow if we couldn't be Nebraska. It could still be KU-ISU as top two in the North division.

I expect KU to come in as 14 pt faves.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 12:13 PM)
Get used to it, Matt. There's more ass kickings to come. Hopefully Moore, Hummel, Martin and Johnson realize that the Hoosiers will be ready to own you all again next season as well. Now I just can't wait until we play Iowa.

Who knew a conference home win against an unranked team could get fans so pumped up that they diss a really good recruiting class lost to Purdue due to the 479 illegal phone call recruiting sanctions. Illinois is still atrocious, but at least beating Iowa is still a given.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 04:48 AM)
Kevin Durant > anyone not named Oden in college basketball

If Oden isn't as good as adversited, whoever takes him #1 over Durant in the draft in June will regret it. Durant's skill set is unreal, like a combo of Garnett and McGrady.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
If Oden isn't as good as adversited, whoever takes him #1 over Durant in the draft in June will regret it. Durant's skill set is unreal, like a combo of Garnett and McGrady.

I don't think that's too big an issue, he's been a pretty dominant player so far even at less than 100%. Durant could turn out to be the better player, but I seriously doubt Oden is a stiff in the pros. He's already better than a lot of big men in the league...

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
I don't think that's too big an issue, he's been a pretty dominant player so far even at less than 100%. Durant could turn out to be the better player, but I seriously doubt Oden is a stiff in the pros. He's already better than a lot of big men in the league...

I agree, but he could be a really good big man and still have whoever picks Oden regret it. Durant is unreal.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
BTW, Pac10 Big 12 Challenge announced.

Very pumped for this in the upcoming years....hopefully much better matchups than the ACC/Big Ten has given us in recent years. There still is too much of a lull period between the elite thanksgiving tournaments and the start of conference games. Schedule makers need to realize this to keep interest through bowl season.

It's been awhile since I've peaked my head in this thread.... but ROCK CHALK BABY.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:06 PM)
Who knew a conference home win against an unranked team could get fans so pumped up that they diss a really good recruiting class lost to Purdue due to the 479 illegal phone call recruiting sanctions. Illinois is still atrocious, but at least beating Iowa is still a given.

It's a rivalry game and it wasn't just a home win.

It was a f***ing poleaxing. Same as the game against Michigan St.

Don't look now but IU is a sleeper in this league.

Their 4 losses are by a combined 20 points at Duke, at Kentucky, at Ohio State and against Butler on a neutral court. It'll be scary once KS gets his own players in here and doesn't have to make the most out of Mike Davis recruits.

When will you get over the sour EJ grapes? Probably never. But hey, I'm not surprised. You guys are left with nothing, I feel sad for Bruce Almighty and the Orange Krush too. Wait, no I don't.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
When will you get over the sour EJ grapes? Probably never. But hey, I'm not surprised. You guys are left with nothing, I feel sad for Bruce Almighty and the Orange Krush too. Wait, no I don't.

Ya that was necessary.

And you make it sound like Davis left the cupboard bare with trash recruits when in reality a group of them are pretty damn good.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 03:59 PM)
It's a rivalry game and it wasn't just a home win.

It was a f***ing poleaxing. Same as the game against Michigan St.

Don't look now but IU is a sleeper in this league.

Their 4 losses are by a combined 20 points at Duke, at Kentucky, at Ohio State and against Butler on a neutral court. It'll be scary once KS gets his own players in here and doesn't have to make the most out of Mike Davis recruits.

No, it's when will YOU get over the whole EJ thing. You bring it up in basically every post in response to anything any Illinois fan ever says. If you aren't doing that, you're busy posting bulls*** pieces about how Weber's honeymoon is over.

And then people wonder why Illinois fans want IU to crash and burn.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 04:12 PM)
No, it's when will YOU get over the whole EJ thing. You bring it up in basically every post in response to anything any Illinois fan ever says. If you aren't doing that, you're busy posting bulls*** pieces about how Weber's honeymoon is over.

Exactly, who f***ing brings up EJ out of nowhere? It definitely isn't any Illini fan in this thread, but someone seems to f***ing constantly bring it up. Just because a f***ing Illinois fan says something bad about IU doesn't mean they are pissed about EJ, damn.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)

He's as good as advertised. He's more than holding his own with one healthy hand. His offensive game is still raw. No surprise. But his other talents, well, they're just unreal. I'll always take a big over a small. But, yes, Durant is just sick. Why oh why are the Knicks f***ing our pick up!

Yo, WHarris, did you lose a bet?

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)

And then people wonder why Illinois fans want IU to crash and burn.

yep. and anyone with any appreciation for basketball history knows that indiana and illinois have had a good rivalry for a long time. he makes it sounds like it just started when sampson showed up. that just shows no appreciation for the history of the big ten. and for the record, the rivalry was 10 times more heated back in the day than it is now. knight and henson were classic.

"he's a big bully." lol.