Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilmont has launched 16 trey's himself, making 7. He has 25 pts with 6+ minutes to go.

Is AJ Ratliff finally becoming the player everyone thought he could be??? Can someone that is watching tell me what they are seeing in AJ today? All I can see it the lovely little computer game cast.

Edited by Rex Hudler

Nice win at home over WVU. I was worried about how Marquette would respond to WVU's 1-3-1 zone, and it turns out they attacked the middle just about every time down the floor. The free throw shooting was poor, and there were some bad turnovers, but playing at a high tempo, I should expect that from now on (not the poor free throws, although at this point I just assume that they won't make back-to-back on a two-shot foul).

This wasn't the true WVU, though. They're a much better shooting team than that and obviously not that sloppy, although part of that was Marquette's defense.

Big game Monday (?) at Louisville. Two straight road wins would be sweet.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 01:55 PM)
Wilmont has launched 16 trey's himself, making 7. He has 25 pts with 6+ minutes to go.

Is AJ Ratliff finally becoming the player everyone thought he could be??? Can someone that is watching tell me what they are seeing in AJ today? All I can see it the lovely little computer game cast.

He is playing very very well. His shots are falling and his confidence just keeps getting better. That and his defense is just phenomenol. Hopefully he can stay this consistent.

I'll be honest, what has me excited about this IU team is the fact they are scoring. Early in the year, I thought we were going to see an all-defense, grind it out kind of team. But this team is doing a good job on both ends right now.

We now go into our toughest stretch of the year, IMO. We SHOULD beat Iowa at home, but then face UConn and Illinois in back-to-back road games. Then a couple of dangerous home games against Michigan and Wisconsin followed by a trip to Iowa and a visit by Illinois. Go 5-2 in that stretch and this looks to be a really fun year. 4-3 would be acceptable, but hey, who's looking for acceptable??

Oden is making Tennessee look like a bunch of 6th grade girls inside.

20 points

12 rebounds

4 assists

lots of blocks

still almost 12 minutes to play

Come on, Salukis! Tough one on about 25 mins against Missouri State! Gotta defend the SIU Arena!

SIU never had had 2 bad games in a row this year and Bradley was a bad game so I will go SIU by 10 with free throws to ice it.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:11 PM)
Most overrated? They have had good wins. They'll be top 25 throughout the year IMO.

Their conference wins are legit, but their best non-conferences wins are against South Carolina and Georgia, who are both struggling early in SEC conference play.

Wisconsin beats NU by 6 but should be ashamed by the effort and performance. Tucker played like garbage other than 3 athletically exceptional plays. NU was without their leading scorer and if they didn't absolutely lack talent, might have won the game. Oh well.

Why should Wisconsin be ashamed of their performance?

They played like garbage against a team that they have notoriously choked against and came out with a win.

The biggest problem I saw was that Bo was adamant on bounce passes into the paint, when Wisconsin probably should have gone over the top with lobs to the big men. They also seemed in no hurry to put the game away and didnt even start to drive until late in the second half.

Im not exactly sure why style points count. I would rather that they get wins having to make free throws and play clutch down the stretch then just blow a team out. They have already beaten OSU, Pitt, Marquette, so a win is a win at this point.