Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 03:35 PM)
Why should Wisconsin be ashamed of their performance?

They played like garbage against a team that they have notoriously choked against and came out with a win.

The biggest problem I saw was that Bo was adamant on bounce passes into the paint, when Wisconsin probably should have gone over the top with lobs to the big men. They also seemed in no hurry to put the game away and didnt even start to drive until late in the second half.

Im not exactly sure why style points count. I would rather that they get wins having to make free throws and play clutch down the stretch then just blow a team out. They have already beaten OSU, Pitt, Marquette, so a win is a win at this point.

You need to get the message across that that kind of effort will have the Badgers lose to most of the rest of the Big Ten.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Durant's the best player in college basketball, and it's not even close.

:wub:

I have had one of my biggest man crushes in history on this guy for a while.

Too bad the Knicks aren't completely awful. :(

Edited by WHarris1

I doubt they play that way against the rest of the Big 10.

They came out flat against a terrible team, it happens all the time.

You act like they have not beaten good teams already. If they were playing against a different team they would have played completely differently. They would not have just let the clock run down and know that they would be able to turn it on in the end.

Its just 1 game, they played a slow style of game and won. They played a fast style against OSU and won.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
KU is the first team in the big 12 to win 3 in a row at Hilton. Glad that game is over, horrible sandwich game between Mizzouand Okie state. Heads, the clones are a chop shop of a team.

At the very least, I think we've proven we can ball. There's no reason we can't win 9 in the conference this year. We can win at Nebraska, vs. Mizzou, both vs. Colorado, Baylor, Oklahoma, and one vs. K State at least.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)
At the very least, I think we've proven we can ball. There's no reason we can't win 9 in the conference this year. We can win at Nebraska, vs. Mizzou, both vs. Colorado, Baylor, Oklahoma, and one vs. K State at least.

You play ugly ball, even your coach says so. Why do your fans boo at every single second of play?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Make Brandon Rush go pro.

Where do you think ISU falls in the league now?

Bottom 3, bunch of nobodies playing well together. Give it 2 or 3 years with your coach and you may have something. KU looked like they could care less today, more of the same crap ive seen for the past few years.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 10:34 PM)
Bottom 3, bunch of nobodies playing well together. Give it 2 or 3 years with your coach and you may have something. KU looked like they could care less today, more of the same crap ive seen for the past few years.

You really think we're on par with Baylor and Colorado right now?

BTW, what is it about ISU that makes KU players act like jackasses? First ya got Gooden flipping off the crowd at Hilton, now Brandon Rush telling our student section leader to f*** off.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
Has Oden been able to use his right hand yet?

He can use it, he just doesn't have full range of motion in it. He can still shoot jump hooks and such with it. He's still using his left for ft's if that's what you're asking.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 11:02 PM)
You really think we're on par with Baylor and Colorado right now?

BTW, what is it about ISU that makes KU players act like jackasses? First ya got Gooden flipping off the crowd at Hilton, now Brandon Rush telling our student section leader to f*** off.

Yes, you are on par with those 2 teams, there is no such thing as a moral victory, if you look at the top 5 today you can see how hard conference road games are. Also, pretty sure you have the most annoying and whiny student section i have ever seen, maybe its worth the extra action, or you can just keep yelling into those really cute cones they gave you today, talk about desperation. Of course its not right to tell a student section to F off, im sure it was well deserved, considering your fan base is so emotionally invested in one game. Now move on to the next game, enjoy Mike Taylor he is a fun player and its time to move into Chicago Bears mold. Your still my boy blue.

Edited by Jimbo's Drinker

Big road win on Saturday for the Hoosiers.

Penn State played so well early, the Hoosiers took the punch square in the face and were able to grind it out on the road.

14-34 on Three's as a team and 7-17 for Roderick Wilmont to finish with 25 points and 12 rebounds. Just got to love how Rod and AJ stepped up as they saw DJ was nearly taken out of the game by Penn State.

Up next: Iowa at home with a chance to move to 4-1 in the Big 10.

On a side note, it'll be interesting to see if the pollsters move IU up at all after 2 more wins this week.