Official College Basketball Thread

I just got done watching the DVR'd Illini/MSU game. That was about the ugliest 2nd half i've seen in a while. Had a 14 pt lead in the first half, and 11 going into halftime.

Warren Carter in particular had a horrid game he was pretty damn worthless in the offense and on the defensive end. He made his free throws, that's about it.

We scored 5 points in the first almost 15 minutes of the 2nd half, then made a late run to be within one possession after back to back chester buckets, one off a nice steal.

Bears win does nothing to take away from a brutal 2nd half for the illini.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 11:48 PM)
No more illini updates?? :unsure:

no, it's clear all illinois fans have now quit supporting their team.

anyways...

much like krush i watched via dvr. no doubt a brutal second-stretch totally cost them a win. however, i was strangely encouraged by some of the things i saw today. for the first time this year i saw a semblance of a new "team" instead of just various parts trying to find their place. i'm never happy with a loss, but i saw some encouraging things today.

either that or i'm just a bit drinky after the bear win. :D

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 12:27 AM)
Im just f'in around too, you know i like to mess with the illini fans....Rebuilding is not all that bad.

Except when you aren't getting the players you need in return. They were even mentioning it on ESPN(may have been Doug Gotleib) how the Illini are no longer the elite program they've been for the past 6 years or so. They've gone backwards big time with no sunshine in sight.

SIU beats Drake 72 to 62 despite one of our worst defensive efforts of the year. Anyways, Josh Bone comes in off the bench and adds 10 points for us tonight. Josh after not playing for many games cause he needed to get back into game shape after his injury is now earning some minutes and providing a spark off our bench. It now seems that we finally have a legit scoring option off the bench which we just have not had this season. Not only that but he made such a huge difference against Drake's zone. We were doing absolutely nothing against their zone until he came off the bench and he nailed 2 quick 3's and started expanding the zone more. He can be a huge difference maker for this team, I'm very excited that he decided to play this year.

Also, Creighton loses to WSU tonight, back to a 3 way tie atop the Valley with two others a half game behind(tied in loss column).

Edited by Rowand44