Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 16, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
Because everyone was standing, blocking much of the court from the traditional view.

It wasn't bad most of the time but yes I'm sure that was the reason. Still those angles were very annoying.

I haven't watched a game that has taken place at Gallagher-Iba Arena since two years ago....and I didn't think enough to pay attention to it last night, but it always used to be that old Big 8 games and some Big 12 games had to use a really annoying somewhat overhead angle to watch the game. Jimbo can vouch for me.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 11:33 AM)
I haven't watched a game that has taken place at Gallagher-Iba Arena since two years ago....and I didn't think enough to pay attention to it last night, but it always used to be that old Big 8 games and some Big 12 games had to use a really annoying somewhat overhead angle to watch the game. Jimbo can vouch for me.

Jimbo got your back, and ESPN sucks at their camera angles.

ESPN sucks at everything.

That game last night was incredibly exciting. Durant is just ridiculously talented, that wasn't even one of his better games. Too bad he got basically no help on defense. That team is going to struggle against better teams because of their lack of size and post scoring, unless of course Durant just goes nuts.

NU plays OSU tonight, I am not looking forward to that one. Coble isn't going to play again, not that it would really matter in the long run. I'm setting the over/under on Oden points at 25.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
That game last night was incredibly exciting. Durant is just ridiculously talented, that wasn't even one of his better games. Too bad he got basically no help on defense. That team is going to struggle against better teams because of their lack of size and post scoring, unless of course Durant just goes nuts.

Couldnt have said it better myself....but boy, is it fun to watch Durant try to beat these "elite" teams all by himself. He IS the best frosh I've seen in years.

I was also very impressed by Kentucky's [play last night on ESPN, and as of late. Granted a crap South Carolina team last night, but the Wildcats have flown under the radar for much of the year, and now have won 11 in a row. Randolph Morris is looking awfully tough inside, and when their 3 gunners (Crawford and Bradley)are hitting...this team is gonna be awfully tough to beat in a stacked SEC.

Edited by watchtower41