Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have easily our biggest game of the year tonight. We're in Omaha to face Creighton and the Jays are expecting a record crowd for this game, it's going to be crazy. We need this game big time. If we win this one, the worst off we can be is a game behind UNI with them coming to Carbondale on Tuesday. If we lose this game we're two games back in conference with at least two teams ahead of us in the standings.

I guarantee this will be a different SIU team than whatever the hell that was on Wednesday. These guys will be ready to go and I believe we are the better team. We need this game big time and we've never lost in the Qwest Center, I expect us to win a nail biter here. Should be a fun one.

On a side note, after this game we'll only have 3 conference road games left.

Most damning loss of the season for Illinois IMO. The fans will b**** that the refs decided it (even though they didn't, Illinois' lack of athletcism is why they always foul so much). Illinois played as well as they can, and STILL lost, at home, by 7. That is just a sign that your players aren't good enough, which is an indictment of the recruiting. I'll never regret the Illini losing Self, but I regret the man they hired to replace him. Thad Matta was there, but instead, Ron Guenther and his lack of creativity heads to Carbondale.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:19 PM)
The fans will b**** that the refs decided it (even though they didn't, Illinois' lack of athletcism is why they always foul so much).

Actaully our athleticism had nothing to do with any of the blatantly f***ed up calls. Like Tucker flailing his arms into Randle and getting a foul in the first half, or a Wisconsin player bricks a shot off the side of the backboard out of bounds and it's called out on Illinois when it was clearly never touched, or where Tucker puts Frazier on the floor after a loose ball, or when Landry clearly charges before the ball was released and it wasn't even close.

Would these calls have changed the game, who knows? But they were still clearly wrong no matter what way you look at it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Actaully our athleticism had nothing to do with any of the blatantly f***ed up calls. Like Tucker flailing his arms into Randle and getting a foul in the first half, or a Wisconsin player bricks a shot off the side of the backboard out of bounds and it's called out on Illinois when it was clearly never touched, or where Tucker puts Frazier on the floor after a loose ball, or when Landry clearly charges before the ball was released and it wasn't even close.

Would these calls have changed the game, who knows? But they were still clearly wrong no matter what way you look at it.

Oh please, the only piss poor call was the basket by Landry counting and I doubt it matters. Both teams shot the same amount of free throws almost, and Wisky made theirs, unlike Illinois. That and talent level is why Wisky won the game.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:24 PM)
Oh please, the only piss poor call was the basket by Landry counting and I doubt it matters. Both teams shot the same amount of free throws almost, and Wisky made theirs, unlike Illinois. That and talent level is why Wisky won the game.

You doubt the Landry call matters? If that basket is no good Randle is shooting 2 FT's for the tie...

And you obviously didn't watch the whole game if that Wiscy shot off the side of the backboard was not piss poor.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
You doubt the Landry call matters? If that basket is no good Randle is shooting 2 FT's for the tie...

And you obviously didn't watch the whole game if that Wiscy shot off the side of the backboard was not piss poor.

You don't shoot free throws on an offensive foul, so no he wouldn't have been. The reason Randle got free throws was the foul was called after the shot, thus wasn't an offensive foul. If Randle makes both of those free throws (which of course, he didn't), the only net the call has is Wisky has the ball instead of Illinois.

And yeah, that side of the backboard call was bad, but I was just talking about fouls, plus that was in the first half.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
You don't shoot free throws on an offensive foul, so no he wouldn't have been. The reason Randle got free throws was the foul was called after the shot, thus wasn't an offensive foul. If Randle makes both of those free throws (which of course, he didn't), the only net the call has is Wisky has the ball instead of Illinois.

So we have the ball with a chance to tie, same concept, no?