Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:30 PM)
Not nearly the same concept as shooting free throws to tie, especially since Pruitt was out so our only chance to score probably would have been McBride banking in a three.

Haha. If you say so. But I guess being down 2 with the ball or being down 2 without the ball makes no difference in the game...

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:31 PM)
Haha. If you say so. But I guess being down 2 with the ball or being down 2 without the ball makes no difference in the game...

It makes a difference, but that's not the reason Illinois lost. If the free throws are made, Illinois probably has a half a dozen point lead at that point, but this isn't the only game free throws has lost Illinois.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:33 PM)
It makes a difference, but that's not the reason Illinois lost. If the free throws are made, Illinois probably has a half a dozen point lead at that point, but this isn't the only game free throws has lost Illinois.

I know, I'm not saying it's the reason we lost. I am just saying the refs did indeed play a part in the end of that game. Obviously we need to hit more FT's, obviously we need to get better shots off but that has been rehashed countless times and I don't feel like beating that drum.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:34 PM)
I know, I'm not saying it's the reason we lost. I am just saying the refs did indeed play a part in the end of that game. Obviously we need to hit more FT's, obviously we need to get better shots off but that has been rehashed countless times and I don't feel like beating that drum.

True. Game still coulda been won after all that, but we kept drawing up 3 point plays for Chester Frazier. Nice call, coach.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:37 PM)
True. Game still coulda been won after all that, but we kept drawing up 3 point plays for Chester Frazier. Nice call, coach.

No doubt. I just get sick of talking about our repeated f*** ups, so I must look at something else for my own sanity.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
No doubt. I just get sick of talking about our repeated f*** ups, so I must look at something else for my own sanity.

I just hate, on average, how it takes the average fan a year longer to figure out a coach should be on the hot seat than people like us. Once I start hearing we might get a coach that can bring in the talent that the last 2 coach we had did, I'll feel better.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)
Indiana and Uconn are tied at 39 at the half. Indiana was up 14 early but pissed that away.

That was an interesting first half. Indiana is the better team but UCONN is at home, UCONN also needs this win. Should be a good 2nd half.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 04:46 PM)
That was an interesting first half. Indiana is the better team but UCONN is at home, UCONN also needs this win. Should be a good 2nd half.

That's the exact reason I was nervous about this game. I thought with UConn being at home and needing this more, that they'd keep this close all day.

Great win for the Hoosiers. DJ with another great game, though he wasn't seen much in the second half. Wilmont picked up the slack and got hot in the second half. I really liked what I saw from Mike White in his first start also.

The Hoosiers head to another tough road environment on Tuesday night, when we face Illinois.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 05:15 PM)
Wasn't really about being suprised, it was about the fact that they made the journey in the ridiculous snow we have right now in Lubbock. Very big win in achieving their hopes of making the tourney, 14-5 with some really tough games coming up.

Ya, I understand. I'm not a fan of rushing the court normally but that one is one I can understand. I'm definitely not surprised you guys won that game though, not at all.

Nice win today for the Hoosiers, not that UCONN is anything special, but to get outrebounded like that and still win the game says a lot about how hard they're battling out there.

Another solid performance by DJ and Rod once again makes several big shots. Also Bassett got us up early and Mike White played well in his first start. Also some nice clutch free throws by Earl despite not being 100%.

Does ESPN pick these gameday games in advance or is it like football where they wait until a week or so before to decide? This UNC-G Tech game should be a blowout and isn't the best matchup on tap tonight. It's a shame ESPN doesn't have a PAC 10 agreement because I would love to see UCLA and Arizona battle in primetime. Not that it wasn't on tv, but the PAC 10 needs and deserves all the exposure it can get this year. Also A&M and Ok State would have been a better matchup. I guess ESPN has to suck up to the ACC, specifically the state of North Carolina as much as possible.

Wow. We just played an absolute nail biter in Omaha. Mullins hit a game winner with 4.1 left and Nate Funk had a banker go in and out as time expired. Absolutely insane game and now we've put ourselves back in real good shape in the conference.

Wow, I'm dying here.