Official College Basketball Thread

Guess Wisky doesn't want to get beat by the 3 because they are refusing to double down on DJ.

Hey Soxbadger, are the big white guys inside usually pretty solid? Just wondering because it doesn't even seem like they are looking for their shot at all, especially the two guys off the bench and Butch as well.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
Good game.

And a definite statement for the Wisconsin program when the great and almighty Indiana rushes the floor.

Had our chances at the end but Tucker and Krabbenhoft for the final 2 3's arent going to get it done.

Haha, you guys had a 17 game winning streak and were ranked No. 2. You're no slouch, you were running away with the league. It's a helluva win for IU, based on where they've been the past few years. Wisconsin is a great team, I can't say that enough times, so I'm estatic to get a win like this.

Anyhow, welcome back IU basketball. Kelvin Sampson putting his stamp on the program, can't say enough about him thus far. AJ Ratliff, what a game, he stepped up big time. Great defense, probably the most turnovers Wisky has had this season. Overall, just a hell of a game.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 08:05 PM)
Good game.

And a definite statement for the Wisconsin program when the great and almighty Indiana rushes the floor.

Had our chances at the end but Tucker and Krabbenhoft for the final 2 3's arent going to get it done.

Wiscy has a tough run here to end the season. If OSU can get by MSU on Saturday then it should come down to the Wiscy OSU game in CBUS at the end of the month.

I understand completely.

Its just a huge turn around for the Wisconsin program from even 10 years ago?

Even the final four team of 1999 they were over-achievers. Now they have a legitimate team and great program.

There are some crazy stats about how many times Bob Knight beat Wisconsin in a row. So its just nice to see that Wisconsin is a team that is worth rushing the floor for.

I dont see why this would really change anyone's opinion on Wisconsin.

Anyways the win by Indiana may mean that another Big 10 team possibly gets into the NCAA tournament. If OSU, Wisconsin, and Indiana all finish in the top 15 its hard to imagine that 2 other Big 10 schools wont get in.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 08:34 PM)
I dont see why this would really change anyone's opinion on Wisconsin.

Anyways the win by Indiana may mean that another Big 10 team possibly gets into the NCAA tournament. If OSU, Wisconsin, and Indiana all finish in the top 15 its hard to imagine that 2 other Big 10 schools wont get in.

Most likely it will with a loss to a team barely in the top 25. I would say with UNC looking impressive tonight and Wisco losing there may be a swap of rankings.

I think if UNC played at Indiana it would have been a much closer game.

And that if Miami played at Wisconsin it would have been a blow out.

Really doesnt change much, they are both top 5 teams and which ever style of play you think will win out, is the one youre going to bet on in the tourney.

Edited by Soxbadger

Great game, great win. DJ had his name all over the first half. Apparently AJ should just wear that cast forever as he took over big time in the second half, when Wiscy started to cover DJ inside. Mike White continues to put in solid minutes down low too; I love his play.

And Alando Tucker is crazy good. He was making so many shots that you just can not defend.

Now we have to get ready to go to Iowa on Saturday. That becomes a trap game. IU can really put themselves in a good spot with a W on the road, before they get a week off.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
In the biggest game of the night by far :ph34r: , SIU beat Indiana State 61-48. Falker had 19 pts and 14 boards. Beast.

Unstoppable.

EDIT: Glad to hear IU won as well, congrats Hoosiers.

Edited by Rowand44

Durant is godly.

Jimmy Dykes makes me want to stick acid chemicals in my ears. He was comparing James Jordan or whatever little eastern school to Michael Jordan.He likes to hear himself talk and he is wrong all the time.

Wiscy moves down. Now onto Kansas hostin ATM at the phog.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 10:45 PM)
Durant is godly.

Jimmy Dykes makes me want to stick acid chemicals in my ears. He was comparing James Jordan or whatever little eastern school to Michael Jordan.He likes to hear himself talk and he is wrong all the time.

Wiscy moves down. Now onto Kansas hostin ATM at the phog.

I assume you mean Jared Jordan. Obviously he's not MJ as no one is but JJ can play, he is a fantastic college player.

Edited by Rowand44

Is Seth Davis a retard?

Who are the leading candidates for national player of the year?

This year's race doesn't have the same focused suspense as last year's battle between J.J. Redick and Adam Morrison, but it does promise to be the most wide-open POY scramble in recent memory. Wisconsin forward Alando Tucker (who was averaging 19.6 points and 4.9 rebounds at week's end), Nevada forward Nick Fazekas (20.4 points, 11.6 rebounds) and Oregon point guard Aaron Brooks (19.1 points, 4.5 assists), all seniors, each can make a strong case for the honors, but a pair of freshmen are closing fast. Greg Oden, Ohio State's 7-foot center, has averaged 15.6 points, 9.8 rebounds and 3.6 blocks while shooting 63.7% from the floor -- despite playing with a brace on his right wrist, after undergoing off-season surgery that kept him out of action until Dec. 2 -- and Texas forward Kevin Durant has averaged 24.4 points and 11.0 rebounds. But if you want a sleeper pick, how about Butler guard A.J. Graves? The 6'1" junior has scored 18.8 points per game for the 19-2 Bulldogs (missing just three of his 101 free throws along the way) and has been even better in the clutch, averaging 22.3 points in wins over Notre Dame, Indiana, Tennessee and Gonzaga.

Ain't a damn thing about the POY award that's wide-open.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 10:02 PM)
Let me make it clear again: Kevin Durant is THE #1 pick in this draft. Greg Oden is going to be really good, but a combo of McGrady and Garnett doesn't come along too often. 38 and 23, on the road, against a red hot Texas Tech team, as a true frosh, at 6'10. WTF.

The scouts say different, Oden has been the consensus #1 the whole time and nothing appears to be changing. Teams are going to take the big man over the perimeter player pretty much regardless. Yes, Durant is a potential star and right now is the best player in college basketball, but teams don't pass on athletic 7-footers.