Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
This is the worst officiated game I have ever seen.

They're calling any and everything, this is by far the worst I've seen this year, probably not the worst ever, but it's pretty terrible.

Also Haluska pushes off every damn time down the court, yet they can't call anything on him. Quit showing his girlfriend in the crowd.

How do you call a foul on someone that is 75 feet away? This is f***ing comical. I guess an Iowa win moves them up in the NIT bracket. IU radio announcers talking about how they hope the Big 10 head of officials reviews this game. Worst officiating I've seen in a while.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
They're calling any and everything, this is by far the worst I've seen this year, probably not the worst ever, but it's pretty terrible.

Also Haluska pushes off every damn time down the court, yet they can't call anything on him. Quit showing his girlfriend in the crowd.

At least she's hot

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 04:16 PM)
At least she's hot

Who gives a s***? A lot of players have hot girlfriends, they don't show them. Haluska is one of those guys that holds and pushes off to get his shot off. In other words, hope he has something else lined up after graduation. Have fun in the NIT Iowa and enjoy your gift win from lousy officiating.

Well there goes some of that goodwill of beating Wisconsin on Wednesday.

Iowa gets another banner in the rafters, as they beat IU 81-75.

I absolutely hate blaming anything on refs, but they shouldn’t be as much of a factor in the game as they were today. They really stunted this game. Considering we were in this game to the end, I’m not really mad in our effort; we were only going to win today if we could in spite of the refs.

This pretty much kills any hopes of us contending for the Big Ten, as we don’t face either Wiscy or OSU again. We now have a week off to correct ourselves, as we don’t play again until Illinois comes here next Saturday.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Huge win by SIU at Wichita State! Falker came up huge even with the flu, and some of Tatum's shots were unbelievable! GO DAWGS!

Agreed, Wichita St is no easy feat. Of course, SIU is 13-3 vs WSU in the past 5 years, but thats besides the point ;)

SIU is starting to put together a nice stretch run.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)

They can show his girlfriend all they want.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 03:26 PM)
Well there goes some of that goodwill of beating Wisconsin on Wednesday.

Iowa gets another banner in the rafters, as they beat IU 81-75.

I absolutely hate blaming anything on refs, but they shouldn’t be as much of a factor in the game as they were today. They really stunted this game. Considering we were in this game to the end, I’m not really mad in our effort; we were only going to win today if we could in spite of the refs.

This pretty much kills any hopes of us contending for the Big Ten, as we don’t face either Wiscy or OSU again. We now have a week off to correct ourselves, as we don’t play again until Illinois comes here next Saturday.

I agree in that the officiating changed the way the game was played today. I don't think the best team won and I do think that would have happened in a game officiated in a more normal fashion.

That said, I can't blame the officiating for the loss. Iowa got many crappy calls too and they adapted better. They worked through it better than IU did. Granted being at home and being able to feed off the crowd helps, but IU has been in worse environments.

I'm really disappointed that IU couldn't find a way. They fought hard as hell at the end, but I don't think they fought hard enough early on.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
Huge win by SIU at Wichita State! Falker came up huge even with the flu, and some of Tatum's shots were unbelievable! GO DAWGS!

Huge, huge win. Randal was very solid even though he had the flu and you could tell he was a little less active than normal but he came up huge when it mattered. JT was great today and he's a terrific player but my god he is about the last person I want on the ft line with the game on the line. The one negative to me today is how we basically sat on the ball with the comfortable lead. We just completely stopped running our offense(and we do this a lot with a big lead) and it almost came back to haunt us. It didn't matter though and our guys pulled out a great W, really sets us up for a nice stretch run here.

I agree that the horrible officiating was going both ways. I worded that much wrong.

We had 75 points on the road, with DJ being completely non-existent. It's just annoying, because if this team is going to do anything come March, they need some front court help to come off the bench. They did a fairly job staying a float with our second big man option (Mike White) in foul trouble all day too.

It's just a frustrating game to take.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
Texas loses at home to K-State, UNC down 5 to NC State with 2 left, USC up 3 with 16 seconds left on Oregon and Ok State getting blown out by Colorado mid way through the 2nd half(wow would that be an awful loss).

The past two foul calls on UNC in this game have been very ticky tack.

Looks like NC State is going to pull it out.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
Big roadie win for the Bucks today. I cant think of a coach who whines more to the officials than Tom Izzo. The guy just doesnt stop complaining.

is that a joke because Coach K hands down takes the cake as the whiniest coach but these guys can't compare to the NBA