Official College Basketball Thread

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2007 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 10:19 PM)
I know. f***in' Knicks. Actually, I blame fatass Eddy Curry. Figures he would have his best year this year of all years.

f***in Knicks is right. God damn, just think what could have been.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
Durant has 29 points and 12 boards, and Texas is still losing by 15.

I know his supporting cast isn't the greatest, but they're not THAT bad.

They are having a great offensive game, better than anyone has had vs. A&M all year. But just atrocious defense.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 5, 2007 -> 10:24 PM)
They are having a great offensive game, better than anyone has had vs. A&M all year. But just atrocious defense.

Definitely, their team defense is brutal. They can't do much about their interior D because they just don't have the horses, but Durant should be a defensive monster, and Augustin and Abrams have enough athleticism to be decent as well.

Honestly, I thought Durant forced a few too many shots tonight too. He shot just under 40%, that's really low for a guy with his talent. They'd probably be better off if he layed off some of those shots and tried to setup his teammates a bit more. You'd think he could create some easy shots for guys under the hoop when he drives, and Abrams and Augustin can hit some shots.

I'm really nitpicking though, the guy is obviously an incredible talent that will make some NBA team very happy and put some butts in the seat. However, I'd still take Oden first, he's much better defensively and has looked better on offense recently now that his wrist is better.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(danman31 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 01:09 PM)
Loyola is horrible this year. The Zags will have to win their conf. tourney to get in at this point.

They just made it a lot harder on themselves but I'd say they still have a decent shot at getting an at large. That UNC win is huge plus they have two real good road wins at Texas and at Stanford.

I love Gonzaga. A, I was at the tournament where they were first cinderella's and really enjoyed watching that team and seeing there entire school close down and support there team. And B, they televise all the games and give me some great late night college basketball on ESPN (cause they play a style of bball that is fun to watch, in fact the WCC is a pretty fun conference to watch play).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
I love Gonzaga. A, I was at the tournament where they were first cinderella's and really enjoyed watching that team and seeing there entire school close down and support there team. And B, they televise all the games and give me some great late night college basketball on ESPN (cause they play a style of bball that is fun to watch, in fact the WCC is a pretty fun conference to watch play).

You do NOT love Gonzaga, ok?? Nobody does. :P :P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 04:58 PM)
It'd be nice if they'd show some WAC/MWC games instead of Gonzaga every Monday night.

Yeah, but I can't complain with live basketball starting at 11.

Mizzou 77, Iowa State 55. First off, I'd like to apologize to Heads because I don't know who played tonight, but it wasn't the Mizzou team I've seen all year. I know this team has more potential than they've played to (having 1 senior will do that), but this is the best game they've played all year.

In other news Nebraska picks up their 2nd straight road win with a win at Texas Tech 61-59. That's not real. The Big 12 is being stupid tonight.