Rock won't be back

greasywheels121

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/pr...sp&c_id=cws

Boo.

White Sox do not renew contract of bench coach Tim Raines

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox announced that the contract of bench coach Tim Raines will not be renewed for the 2007 season. Manager Ozzie Guillen will conduct the search for Raines' replacement.

Raines originally was hired by the White Sox on November 11, 2004. He served as first base coach for the 2005 World Series Champions before shifting to bench coach for the 2006 season.

The rest of the White Sox coaching staff will return intact in 2007: manager Ozzie Guillen, first base coach Harold Baines and third base coach Joey Cora return for their fourth seasons; pitching coach Don Cooper is back for his fifth full season; hitting coach Greg Walker starts his fourth full season; bullpen coach Art Kusnyer starts his 11th season; and bullpen catcher Man Soo Lee is back for his eighth season with the Sox.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Wasn't this known before the season started? I mean, isn't that why he went to the bench this year rather than stay at first?

I thought they moved Harold to first and Rock to the bench because Harold was leaving at the end of the year. Of course, I could be misremembering things.

I'd dig up the thread, but I'm far too lazy.

It was pretty obvious when everyone on the staff got an extension but Raines. I wonder what he did or didn't do that pissed the White Sox off. I think Shines should be on the staff. Daryl Boston is a KW buddy, so he has a shot, but if its to be a bench coach if it isn't Shines I'd like to see someone like Jeff Torborg get the job.

"Sandy Alomar Jr., the knowledgeable veteran catcher who just finished his third stint with the White Sox, also has been mentioned as a possible bench coach candidate. But Alomar expressed a desire at the end of the season to continue his playing career in 2007."

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Oct 13, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
I thought they moved Harold to first and Rock to the bench because Harold was leaving at the end of the year. Of course, I could be misremembering things.

I'd dig up the thread, but I'm far too lazy.

That's what I recall from during the season. I'm glad the Harold will be back he's my all time favorite White Sox. However I am deeply saddened that Tim Raines is leaving us, he was another of my favorites.

I would like to see Robin Ventura come on as a coach, it might be a long shot but it would be nice.

Edited by whitesox1976

The last thing Ozzie needs is a rookie bench coach by his side, that ship has sailed. Ozzie has proven that he does not have what it takes to be a competent in game manager so what he really needs is a grizzled old vet by his side on the bench who can get in his ear in tough managerial situations and keep him from totally f***ing it up. The sad thing is I'm basically describing Joe Nossek, it's a damn shame he felt the need to retire.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 01:00 AM)
The last thing Ozzie needs is a rookie bench coach by his side, that ship has sailed. Ozzie has proven that he does not have what it takes to be a competent in game manager so what he really needs is a grizzled old vet by his side on the bench who can get in his ear in tough managerial situations and keep him from totally f***ing it up. The sad thing is I'm basically describing Joe Nossek, it's a damn shame he felt the need to retire.

How much experience did Baines have as a bench coach before '05?

Heh, I just had to f*** up your argument, but I agree.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 14, 2006 -> 12:17 AM)
How much experience did Baines have as a bench coach before '05?

Heh, I just had to f*** up your argument, but I agree.

It's not really f***ing it up. I as well as others believe Ozzie sucked at in game managing since he's gotten here which includes '05 he just had a once in a lifetime starting rotation and bullpen to make up for a lot of his f***ups.

Yeah it's quite important to get an experienced guy in there next to Ozzie who can actually help him manage the situations in the game like the bullpen e.g don't use a lefty just because there's a lefty hitting etc.