Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 17, 2006 -> 06:45 PM)

1. Best opening in the HISTORY of athletics.

2. I REALLY hope we hear the names Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, and Wallace after that intro. Not sure how much it matters though, since this team will literally play 10 or 11, if not 12 deep.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Heat at least showed they aren't satisfied with the ring from last year tonight....

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
Anyone hear the Kerr comment during the game? Something along the lines of "I think chicago fans are getting spoiled, they got the Bears, this Bulls team, the White Sox won the world series last year, and the cubs...oh nevermind"

Yeah, I heard it. Great stuff.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
lol, he's a stud cause he broke his nose?

Nope, he's a stud because of the missed free throws and couple of silly fouls.

Dude is GOING to be a stud, and all of his dunks and blocks and such are fun right now, but he's a bit of a project.

Suns getting TORCHED by the Kobe-less Lakers. One day they'll learn that style can't win in the NBA. It's awful cute and fun in the regular season, but you gotta play some d and half court offense if you plan on doing anything when it counts.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
Suns getting TORCHED by the Kobe-less Lakers. One day they'll learn that style can't win in the NBA. It's awful cute and fun in the regular season, but you gotta play some d and half court offense if you plan on doing anything when it counts.

Lakers won 114-106. :o

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Oct 31, 2006 -> 11:01 PM)
I love being right. I told alot of people that Tyrus Thomas is a stud and will continue to be a stud for many, many years broken nose or not.

He was impressive, but I think Thabo was far and away a surprise for me. Also I like the style we are playing this year against the heat, rebound and run all day long. With the interior defense we now have, we should be able to get quick boards and outlet before the other team can turn around. Also Deng will continue to be a force.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
He was impressive, but I think Thabo was far and away a surprise for me. Also I like the style we are playing this year against the heat, rebound and run all day long. With the interior defense we now have, we should be able to get quick boards and outlet before the other team can turn around. Also Deng will continue to be a force.

Yes sir. Thabo was a response pick as well IMO. With his height and quickness, he's going to be the guy guarding LeBron, Michael Redd, Stephen Jackson, Prince/Rip Hamilton, etc for years to come in this division.