Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Bulls to 8-9, and with this schedule for the next month....they could make some SERIOUS hay.

And DBAHO is happy, Jameer Nelson hits a late 3 to win at Arco and pad their best record in the East.

Yeah we're becoming experts in the close games, I don't think we've lost a game that's been decided under about 5 points or something like that yet.

We win in Indiana tomorrow, that's a 5-1 roadtrip.

And if Dwight Howard isn't an all - star this year, well I don't know what to say.

I've been impressed by the Bulls since Nocioni went into the starting lineup though. Him and Deng are providing a nice 1-2 scoring punch for you guys.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 5, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)
I've been impressed by the Bulls since Nocioni went into the starting lineup though. Him and Deng are providing a nice 1-2 scoring punch for you guys.

Well, they are the 2 best players on the team, so it's nice they are both starting and bum ass P.J. Brown has gone away. With the Bulls amazingly easy schedule the next month, they can make some serious ground. If only we had kept J.R. Smith, he'd be a nice guy to start at the 2 (6'6 and can score, very young) with Hinrich at point, and Gordon coming off the bench. But gotta have those character guys only..... <_>

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Dec 6, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
Bulls looking good tonight.

This schedule is beautiful, they are really starting to figure things out. With the emergence of Nocioni and Deng as scorers this year, the offense just looks really good right now, and the defense is starting to catch up (and defense is where I expected early struggles, all the new guys had to learn each others tendencies and how to communicate).

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
And so AI is finally leaving Philly. This means 2 things;

1 - Philly will now have the worst record in the NBA at season's end.

2- AI's off to Denver, Minny or Boston.

Agreed on #1, but why the hell would Denver or Minny want him? Minny I keep hearing wants to dump Garnett, and Denver has J.R. Smith (thanks Pax!!) and Carmelo Anthony lighting it up right now. And with Boston, he'd be heading into the same type sorry ass situation. But then again.....those are the 3 best candidates, but none of them make much sense to me IMO. I'll guess he ends up in Minnesota though, with James playing the 1 and Davis the 3, then AI at the 2 and Garnett doing the big boy work. That's pretty formidable.

Oh, and Luol Deng has finally realized he's THE scorer on the Bulls. If not for the enraging blown lead against Sac-Town early, we'd be undefeated at home. Good to see the UC advantage coming back.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Agreed on #1, but why the hell would Denver or Minny want him? Minny I keep hearing wants to dump Garnett, and Denver has J.R. Smith (thanks Pax!!) and Carmelo Anthony lighting it up right now. And with Boston, he'd be heading into the same type sorry ass situation. But then again.....those are the 3 best candidates, but none of them make much sense to me IMO. I'll guess he ends up in Minnesota though, with James playing the 1 and Davis the 3, then AI at the 2 and Garnett doing the big boy work. That's pretty formidable.

Oh, and Luol Deng has finally realized he's THE scorer on the Bulls. If not for the enraging blown lead against Sac-Town early, we'd be undefeated at home. Good to see the UC advantage coming back.

Minny doesn't necessarily want to dump KG, they'd prefer to keep him, and won't be dealing him unless he requests a trade. That's been made very clear. And KG would love to play with Garnett, he indicated so immediately last night when he was asked.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 01:20 PM)
Minny doesn't necessarily want to dump KG, they'd prefer to keep him, and won't be dealing him unless he requests a trade. That's been made very clear. And KG would love to play with Garnett, he indicated so immediately last night when he was asked.

:huh:

:P

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 11:22 AM)
:huh:

:P

Stars Line Up to Make Pleas for Iverson

By The Associated Press 12.09.06, 1:39 PM ET

Once word got out that the Allen Iverson-Chris Webber pairing was nearing an end, other stars let it be known they wanted to be part of the next 1-2 punch.

With the Philadelphia 76ers apparently set to deal Iverson, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce hope their teams emerge as trading partners.

The Boston Celtics reportedly were involved in trade talks with Philadelphia over the summer, and Pierce would love it if those discussions were reopened.

"We can mesh well together," Pierce said. "Any time you have two guys at that caliber play and they play together, then things will work out. It would definitely provide some excitement. To get a caliber of player like Allen Iverson, who would turn that down? It would be great to get him."

Garnett wants him, too. He and Iverson both have been NBA MVPs, but neither has won a title. With Minnesota considered one of the teams that is capable of making a run at Iverson, Garnett hopes his team will go for it.

"Bring it on, I love 'The Answer,'" Garnett said. "We welcome A.I. with open arms. Where's Kevin McHale?"

15 points, 20 rebounds, 5 blocks for Ben Wallace tonight in as dominant a game as I can remember seeing a Bulls center play, as he held Chris Wilcox, who is having a solid year, to 4 points and 3 rebounds.

And Orlando loses, at home, to Toronto!??! What's up DBAHO??

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 14, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
15 points, 20 rebounds, 5 blocks for Ben Wallace tonight in as dominant a game as I can remember seeing a Bulls center play, as he held Chris Wilcox, who is having a solid year, to 4 points and 3 rebounds.

And Orlando loses, at home, to Toronto!??! What's up DBAHO??

We've hit our 1st mini slump of the season losing 4 of 5.

Dwight's had 2 bad games in a row which hasn't helped, but Nelson, Turkoglu and Bogans all didn't play tonight.

So we need to get it going again pretty soon.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 13, 2006 -> 11:12 PM)
We've hit our 1st mini slump of the season losing 4 of 5.

Dwight's had 2 bad games in a row which hasn't helped, but Nelson, Turkoglu and Bogans all didn't play tonight.

So we need to get it going again pretty soon.

It all started against the Pacers, who had a great win against Detroit tonight. :D

"PETA would like to offer a lifetime supply of cruelty-free hand cream to any NBA siss … excuse me, superstar who'd be willing to give the composite ball another shot. Recreational players and NCAA athletes have been using composite balls for years without experiencing scratches or scrapes — but we understand that the delicate hands of pampered NBA superstars are far more sensitive than those of your average Joe who actually has to work for a living.

"The hand cream comes in a variety of scents, including "Filthy Rich Organic" (perfect for any overpaid millionaire) and "Peaceful Patchouli" — Nash, we have a whole case of that set aside for you.

"Maybe by taking care of your own skin a bit better, you can allow cows who would otherwise meet their end in the slaughterhouse to keep theirs."

f***ing PETA whacks jobs.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 09:04 AM)
Okafor> D Howard

that is all.

BWAHAHAHA.

Uhhh no. :P

Okafor had a great start to the season, but he's dropped off lately over the past 10 games since Brezec got back into the lineup and Sean May got hot.

Ben Wallace: 10 points, 27 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks, 3 steals

I think we can put the headband/chemistry/motivation thing to rest now.

EDIT: Not to mention he made Bogut and Villanueva look invisible.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Dec 15, 2006 -> 05:47 PM)
BWAHAHAHA.

Uhhh no. :P

Okafor had a great start to the season, but he's dropped off lately over the past 10 games since Brezec got back into the lineup and Sean May got hot.

I was baiting you for all that may have responded. I would rather have Howard, but it looked like Okafor gave him some trouble for sure.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
I was baiting you for all that may have responded. I would rather have Howard, but it looked like Okafor gave him some trouble for sure.

I drafted Okafor in the 5th round of my fantasy league, and after 4-5 weeks, traded him for Tim Duncan.

Needless to say, I'm very happy with that trade now. :D

The thing that kills Okafor is this. He has problems putting weight on, because if he does, it's going to put more stress on that bum ankle of his.

And that's unlike a Howard, who started out about 240lbs IIRC, and he's now about 275. Okafor's about 258.

But basically every team is double teaming Dwight down low every time now. He's got to adjust to it like Tim Duncan has, and basically cut down on the TO's, and make better passes out to the guys that are open. And that's where a J.J Redick could be very important in the upcoming years.