Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
The Bulls somewhat remind me of the Heat before the Shaq trade. A bunch of good players, but not enough to win it all, then traded away a lot of good players for a dominant one.

But it worked out for the Heat, no?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Wade, Shaq, and Riley got their title and might make some noise once The Big Out of Shape comes back.

Garnett would look good with the Bulls, I'm just not sure how the salaries would work out, the Bulls would have to send like 4-5 players to the Wolves, and the Wolves would be way over on their roster count.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:00 PM)
Garnett would look good with the Bulls, I'm just not sure how the salaries would work out, the Bulls would have to send like 4-5 players to the Wolves, and the Wolves would be way over on their roster count.

I'm not sure how exactly the other key contract is structured, but I think that if the Bulls send along Kirk Hinrich and PJ Brown, I think that with Kirk's extension, that covers most of the salary issues. The rest would just be filling in enough players for Minny to be willing to do it, and for the Bulls to actually want to make the deal.

Other than Kirk and PJ, the only other one with a contract big enough to avoid having it turn into a 5-6 for 1 swap is Wallace.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
FINISH A f***ING GAME JUST ONE TIME!

It's amazing. The core of this team has been together 3 years and they still make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. And big props to Ben Wallace and his 0 point, 6 rebound game against the mighty Nets frontcourt. And why the hell did we draft Sefolosha again? PLAY HIS ASS! Chris Duhon should not be starting!

I really wish Scott Skiles would get fired, and we had lauched Kirk after his contract expires. Those 2 are sabotaging the team so badly, and it's a shame because we have a young and talented 2 guard that's taller than 5'11 on the bench, and Gordon has actually looked good at the point, but we have to keek Kirk and Duhon there. And you know coach, that 6'9 guy with a 7 foot wingspan and the best hops in the league on the bench might help the rebounding problem, you know, the top 5 pick last year? Yeah him.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:30 PM)
Um, Steve Nash is like really good. Dude's got 20 assists -- with 3 minutes left in the third quarter. However, they're up 30. So he probably won't play much in the 4th. MVP!

He's a baller, but you take him off that team, and they are still really good. The talent level they have with Amare healthy is simply not fair.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 02:59 AM)
He's a baller, but you take him off that team, and they are still really good. The talent level they have with Amare healthy is simply not fair.

Whitesoxfan101, I like you, but wtf are you smoking? They're barely a playoff team without Nash, if that. Have you seen them without Nash? It's brutal.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
And here is why: Check out who takes a majority of the shots late in the game, its Ben Gordon. He not only takes the shots, but spend alot of the time dribbling to create the shot. I really think the ball needs to go through Deng on the wing, let him drive, shoot, or kick to the guards.

What?!

Gordon doesn't know how to pass.

;)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:01 AM)
Whitesoxfan101, I like you, but wtf are you smoking? They're barely a playoff team without Nash, if that. Have you seen them without Nash? It's brutal.

I LIKE YOU!!! Man Borat is awesome. But yes, I have seen them play without Nash....but not this year. He deserved the last 2 MVP's, but you could put an average player at PG with this years cast of characters (Boris Diaw realized he's good, Amare, Barbossa, Marion, etc etc) and they'd be nasty. He's having a great year, but there is no way he should be an MVP. Dwight Howard might be my MVP right now, i know they are in the east, but Grant freaking Hill is their 2nd best player.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
I LIKE YOU!!! Man Borat is awesome. But yes, I have seen them play without Nash....but not this year. He deserved the last 2 MVP's, but you could put an average player at PG with this years cast of characters (Boris Diaw realized he's good, Amare, Barbossa, Marion, etc etc) and they'd be nasty. He's having a great year, but there is no way he should be an MVP. Dwight Howard might be my MVP right now, i know they are in the east, but Grant freaking Hill is their 2nd best player.

I'm a Dwight Homer, but there's no way he should be MVP considering how many TO's he gives up a game.

As for the Garnett talk, I can't see the Wolves moving him right now, when they've won about 7 or 8 out of their last 10 games (something like that). Seems like they might finally have something going there.

If I'm the Bulls I put all my eggs into the Gasol basket. I'd offer picks and players not named Deng, to try and get a deal done, because I think he's a guy who's available, and will put you over the top.

I know it's not a pretty trade, but I'm pretty damn happy with this. Anything to get SJax finally off the team is great.

And though he can put up good numbers, I'm also ready to send JO packing for something too.

I want the Pacers to be purged of anyone linked to Artest; it's for the best.

Will be interesting to see if Dunleavy can live up to that so called "potential" of his that made him a top 3 pick.

Suprised he didn't get traded to the Clippers straight up for Maggette though.

Since Indiana gets another cancer off their team in Jackson, it's probably slightly in their favor. Find it weird they traded Harrington after they really wanted him back though.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)
Will be interesting to see if Dunleavy can live up to that so called "potential" of his that made him a top 3 pick.

Suprised he didn't get traded to the Clippers straight up for Maggette though.

Since Indiana gets another cancer off their team in Jackson, it's probably slightly in their favor. Find it weird they traded Harrington after they really wanted him back though.

Elgin Baylor was on the radio today and said that as long as Dunleavy is the coach, he will never ever have his son on the team.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 02:44 PM)

This was on SI.com this morning before the trade happened. Talk about good timing for a writer.

Ron Artest may be driving the Kings batty, and Peja Stojakovic may not play again for the Hornets this season, but replacement forward Al Harrington isn't helping much in Indiana. Statistically, the Pacers are a better defensive team with Harrington on the bench, and if he continues to play big minutes at power forward (he's played 42 percent of Indiana's power forward minutes, compared to 16 percent at small forward), his rebounding needs to take a sharp increase. Harrington is averaging just 6.2 in 33.6 minutes a game, which is solid for a small forward but painful coming from a big forward.

Harrington has started at small forward most of the season, but starting center Jeff Foster usually makes token appearances at the beginning of each half, as Indiana usually goes with a smaller lineup featuring Danny Granger on the wing and Harrington down low for long stretches. This would work if Harrington got to the boards more, but the Pacers can't have games like the one we saw last Friday in which Harrington pulled just seven rebounds in 46 minutes in a loss to Dallas.

My initial reaction was that it was a great trade for the Warriors from a talent standpoint(this coming from a Pacers fan). My reasoning was that Harrington was the best player involved in the trade, and I didn't like who the Pacers got in return. However, after I took some time to look at this trade and review some stats I have come to the conclusion that it is a wash with the potential of favoring the Pacers in the long-run.

What the Pacers gave up:

Harrington - He is a very good player who has really improved his outside shooting since his first run with the Pacers, and I hate to see him go after working so hard to reaquire him. With that said, he never really found a true position with the Pacers and that article about his defense(and rebounding for that matter) is telling. He is still the one guy I hate to see leave, but he really hasn't taken his game to that top level like I hoped.

Jackson - I have been wanting to get rid of this guy for some time. He has some decent talent, but he is very inconsistant and his off the court trouble is really hurting this team. He has the reputation for being a great shooter, yet he is not even hitting thirty percent from three point range. He is also very turnover prone for a two guard. Finally, his defense is overrated in my book. When he wants to play D he is good, but he takes a lot of plays off defensively. I have no problem seeing him go.

Jas - I was never a big fan of his from the start. He is a one dimensional player. He is a good shooter, but that is it. He isn't a true PG(undersized at SG), is very turnover prone, and is a liability defensively.

What the Pacers got:

Murphy/Dunleavy - I hate the fact that both of these guys are defensive liabilities and have bad contracts. When healthy, Murphy is a solid double-double guy. Dunleavy has some potential and could be a decent point forward type player. Both are also good outsider shooters, which is a weakness for the Pacers. With that said, neither player does much for me and it brings up the question who will play the SG(probably Granger and Daniels)? I would love to see the Pacers turn around and trade Dunleavy to LA for Maggette.

Ike - This guy is the sleeper in this trade that could turn the trade to favor the Pacers. I live in AZ and got to see this guy play on a regular basis at ASU(hated him being a UA grad), and this guy has some talent(Pacers wanted him in return for Artest last year and GS said no). He didn't really fit into Nelson's running type offense since he is a traditional low post threat, so he saw his minutes drop a little this year. With that said, he still put up some solid numbers(given his minutes). He has some good fundamental low post moves, a decent mid-range game, and he is a very good FT shooter for a big guy. He is a little undersized height wise at a legit 6'7, but he makes up for it with strength and surprising athletism. Remember that he is only two years removed from being a top ten pick.

McLeod - Gives them a decent legit PG.