Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

Dikembe Mutombo grew up in Africa, amid great poverty and disease. He came to Georgetown University on a scholarship to study medicine — but Coach John Thompson got a look at Dikembe and had a different idea. Dikembe became a star in the NBA, and a citizen of the United States. But he never forgot the land of his birth — or the duty to share his blessings with others. He has built a brand new hospital in his hometown. A friend has said of this good-hearted man: “Mutombo believes that God has given him this opportunity to do great things.” And we are proud to call this son of the Congo our fellow American.
-

George W. Bush, State of the Union Speech, 1/23/07.

Bulls and Mavs tonight, be interesting to see if we can hang in there like we did against Phoenix early in the month (and should have won for that matter). I believe the Bulls are the only team to hold Phoenix under 100 in their last like 15 to 20 games actually, but yeah, hopefully we look good tonight.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jan 25, 2007 -> 11:52 PM)
Great win tonight for the Bulls over Dallas. Rally GOrdon had another strong performance. As far as trading for Pau goes. Im all for it as long as Gordon isnt in the trade or we have to give up much more then Deng and a draft pick.

I can live without Gordon, the Bulls should ask for Mike miller also.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)
FWIW, Hoopsworld.com thought a trade of Deng, Thomas and either P.J Brown or the Knicks pick could be the deal to get Gasol.

I love Pau but doesnt that seem like a little much?Thats one player too many for my taste.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 01:55 AM)
FWIW, Hoopsworld.com thought a trade of Deng, Thomas and either P.J Brown or the Knicks pick could be the deal to get Gasol.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 08:05 AM)
I love Pau but doesnt that seem like a little much?Thats one player too many for my taste.

Yes.

That is way too much with what Gasol is making.

Substitute Duhon for Deng , Kryhapa and add the Knicks pick, imo.

Duhon, Thomas, Brown, Kryhapa and the Knicks pick.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 26, 2007 -> 12:12 PM)
um 4 players for one, i think you need to fill a roster,

They can.

Brown/Gasol

The other 3 can be filled in with D league guys or throw-ins from Memphis.

einstein

Please elaborate more so that you have something to read during your suspension.

:drink