Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 1, 2007 -> 12:02 PM)
Going into the series, I don't understand how anyone would think that old Heat team would stand a chance against the Bulls.

Because Shaq is the most dominant player in the league and D Wade has more heart than anybody. Im pretty sure thats what they would say as a reason. When in reality, Shaq uses his enormous body to foul people everytime hes on the court and he still manages to rarely get it called and Wades success has gone to his head and he thinks he is such a star that everytime he drives he got fouled.

In reality, the Bulls are younger, faster, deeper, more talented and hungrier than the Heat.

I have a bad feeling the Warriors might sandbag tonight and put all their energy into winning this thing in Oakland in game 6. I know that crowd is great and they play well out there, but I hope that isn't how they go into tonight. I have a bad feeling it will be though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)
I have a bad feeling the Warriors might sandbag tonight and put all their energy into winning this thing in Oakland in game 6. I know that crowd is great and they play well out there, but I hope that isn't how they go into tonight. I have a bad feeling it will be though.

It would be really dumb of the Warriors to sacrifice the momentum they have going. Suddenly Dallas wins a game and all that infighting we're seeing right now could just vanish.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ May 1, 2007 -> 10:28 PM)
Baron Davis flopped. Smart play by him.

He still pretty much wrapped around his head and threw him down a bit.

Golden State is right in this but they can't quite get over the hump with the big bucket and stop consecutively.

Stephen Jackson makes some big plays, but it is possible that he is retarded.

If it weren't for f***ing Stackhouse Dallas woulda been blown out last game and he is carrying them tonight, late.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 1, 2007 -> 12:55 PM)

Are you kidding me...teams would be assinine to do that. THe Mavs are an excellent team and the series isn't over so if they are dumb enough to give up a game so the home fans can watch, than I hope they freaking lose by 40 each of the next 3 games.

Note: I don't think any team would ever do this (maybe a player waiting to get his 3000th hit at home, that I could maybe buy, especially if his team is out at the time) but you play to win in the playoffs (in fact I'm of the belief that you always play to win).