Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 10:41 PM)
Congrats Cleveland, you ARE the Eastern Conference's tallest midget!

Can the Cavs seriously win one against San Antonio?

I will not count Cleveland out. You never know what a win like this over Detroit can do to a team. Gibson is playing great ball. I don't see Bowen stopping Lebron even though he struggled tonight.

You just never know. I'm pulling for the Cavs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 10:58 AM)
The "tallest midget" has won 2 of the last 3 years.

Those teams were much better than this Cavs team. Sorry, I just don't see Cleveland having any chance in this series, Spurs in 5, 6 tops.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 3, 2007 -> 02:13 PM)
Sorry, I just don't see Cleveland having any chance in this series, Spurs in 5, 6 tops.

Yep.

lebron is very good, but the hype will be absolutely unbearable once a certain comparison gets made more and more...

Michael Jordan one-on-one

On whether James made 'The Leap':

He showed signs. Making "The Leap" is where you do it every single night. It's expected of you, and you do it. That, to me, is "The Leap." Not one game, not two games. It's consistent. Every defense comes in and they focus on you and you still impact the game. I think he's shown signs of that. I think he's going to continue to grow with that. The test is going to come for him to consistently do that every single night, when everybody expects it. And he expects it of himself. But he took a big step in that right direction in this last series. This next series is going to say, "How far do you want to take it?"

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nobody will ever be MJ- he's a badass. kobe is the closest its been. with that being said, when u look at jordans stats when he was kobes age and kobes stats now, jordan averaged 2 more in everything then kobe- points, rebounds, assists, and steals. oh and MJ has 3 more rings :D

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 06:32 PM)
nobody will ever be MJ- he's a badass. kobe is the closest its been. with that being said, when u look at jordans stats when he was kobes age and kobes stats now, jordan averaged 2 more in everything then kobe- points, rebounds, assists, and steals. oh and MJ has 3 more rings :D

Kobe is NOTHING like Jordan.. he scores over 30 ppg, cool, thats about it

Jordan made everyone around him better, Kobe does not

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:55 AM)
Kobe is NOTHING like Jordan.. he scores over 30 ppg, cool, thats about it

Jordan made everyone around him better, Kobe does not

Kobe does make everyone around him better, just instead of Scottie Pippen he has Lamar Odom as his side kick. Im not saying Kobe is as good as Jordon, not at all... but that was just a false statement.

Denver Nuggets player J.R. Smith and another man were injured Saturday when the sport utility vehicle Smith was driving collided with a car.

Smith and the unidentified passenger were ejected from the SUV in the crash, which occurred around 5:30 p.m. on Stagecoach Road in Millstone Township, said Sgt. Stephen Jones, a state police spokesman.

ESPN.com's Andy Katz spoke with Nuggets front office executive Bret Bearup, who told Katz that the Nuggets have spoken to Smith. Bearup said that while Smith sustained bumps and bruises in the accident, his injuries are not life-threatening.

The passenger -- who had serious head wounds -- was airlifted to Jersey Shore University Hospital in Neptune, while Smith was taken there via ambulance.

Smith's father, Earl, told the Newark Star-Ledger that J.R. was "fine -- he was thrown from the vehicle, but there's no injuries. He was with two friends, coming home from a barber shop."

According to the newspaper, Earl Smith said he had not received word on the passenger's condition but said the person was "one of J.R.'s best friends."

Smith's vehicle apparently went through a stop sign, Jones said, and collided with the other car. The driver of that vehicle and two other people in the SUV were injured and taken to CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, but their injuries were not considered serious.

Link

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 09:58 AM)
OMG!!!!! Hibachi is going to be a free agent after next year! Arenas is opting out of his contract!

Dear John Paxson --

Please sign Hibachi.

Thanks,

-Keith

I can't see the Bulls having the opportunity, if Ben Wallace is still in Chicago.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 08:58 AM)
OMG!!!!! Hibachi is going to be a free agent after next year! Arenas is opting out of his contract!

Dear John Paxson --

Please sign Hibachi.

Thanks,

-Keith

Impossible.

Link

A police investigation will determine whether Denver Nuggets guard J.R. Smith will face additional charges in a motor vehicle accident that resulted in the death of Smith's passenger, a close friend.

Andre Bell, 21, was sitting in the back seat of the sport utility vehicle Smith was driving when it went through a stop sign, collided with another car and flipped over at 5:30 p.m. Saturday in Millstone Township.

Bell, who was in a coma, died from head injuries at 6 p.m. Monday at Jersey Shore University Medical Center, state police spokesman Sgt. Stephen Jones said.

Smith, 21, who was also thrown from the vehicle, remained at Jersey Shore on Monday with an injured left shoulder and numerous scratches, Jones said. Neither man was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, he said.

Jones said prosecutors will continue investigating evidence from the accident, including results on a toxicology test of Smith, before deciding if additional charges should be filed, according to The Denver Post.

"If [bell's death] changes anything, it changes the way the prosecutor might look at it," Jones said, according to the Post. "They are the ones we work with in terms of charges beyond any traffic charges."

Earl Smith, the father of J.R. Smith, told the newspaper that his son and Bell were close. He said the accident is weighing heavily on his son.

"They bonded. They were the best of friends," Earl Smith said, according to the Post. "He's just praying for his friend. It's the toughest part."

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 10:13 AM)
And this is the exact type of reason that John Paxson wanted nothing to do with Smith.

Cause he ran a stop sign and got in a car accident? That happens and so far I haven't seen them indicate any wrong doing of Smith.

Now if he was boozing or something I'd quickly retract that statement but I feel very sorry for Smith.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 12:14 PM)
Cause he ran a stop sign and got in a car accident? That happens and so far I haven't seen them indicate any wrong doing of Smith.

Now if he was boozing or something I'd quickly retract that statement but I feel very sorry for Smith.

I doubt they would be mentioning additional charges and toxicology tests in the case of a professional athlete unless they had a reason to be suspicious of him. Those kind of things aren't mentioned in most accidents.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2007 -> 10:16 AM)
I doubt they would be mentioning additional charges and toxicology tests in the case of a professional athlete unless they had a reason to be suspicious of him. Those kind of things aren't mentioned in most accidents.

Based on what I know from a friend that was completely sober and involved in a similar type of accident (with a fatality involved), it is standard procedure to put them through all those sort of tests and wait till the results are back. It is just in this case it is an athlete so it was mentioned.