Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 1, 2007 -> 01:54 AM)
Just can't play on the road.....

Winner. What a collapse those last 2 minutes or so.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jan 31, 2007 -> 11:59 PM)
Gordon chokes as usual and PJ Brown is old.

Gordon? The stupid ass flagrant by the pride of KU is what started the tailspin.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 06:03 PM)
Why I hate ESPN down here.

The Magic v. Nets game is on ESPN right now, but instead down here we get the Bulls (for about the 10th time this season) vs. Sonics game. :angry:

Umm both games are carried by ESPN and are at different times. Magic game going on now, Bulls game in about 30 minutes.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 3, 2007 -> 02:04 PM)
Umm both games are carried by ESPN and are at different times. Magic game going on now, Bulls game in about 30 minutes.

Yeah I know, but instead of both games, we only only get the 1 instead.

"The team with the best chance of making a deal with the Grizzlies is the Chicago Bulls. Grizzlies president Jerry West wants forward Luol Deng (6-9, 21 years old), forward Andres Nocioni (6-7, 27), and veteran P.J. Brown (6-11, 37) and his expiring contract."

Where is that from DH? The LA Times had This bit in it last sunday:

Insiders say Memphis keeps dropping its asking price for Pau Gasol, suggesting owner Michael Heisley has told Jerry West to forget fair value and slash the payroll.

The Grizzlies reportedly asked Chicago for Ben Gordon, Luol Deng and the Knicks' No. 1 pick, which the Bulls own. Now Memphis is down to Deng or Gordon plus another young player such as Thabo Sefolosha, P.J. Brown's expiring contract and a 2009 first-rounder.

Insiders say a few losses may bring the Bulls around. They just eked out a win in Seattle to go 1-1 on this seven-game West Coast trip, so stay tuned.

Interesting blurb in Fred Mitchell's column today about how a former NBA player, who retired 3 years ago, is going to "come out" on Valetine's Day. Should make for some interesting speculation, just as the rumors that there's currently a gay NBA player on the Nets has.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)
Interesting blurb in Fred Mitchell's column today about how a former NBA player, who retired 3 years ago, is going to "come out" on Valetine's Day. Should make for some interesting speculation, just as the rumors that there's currently a gay NBA player on the Nets has.

I wonder who they are speculating?Kwame Brown is still in the league right?hehe

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 11:22 AM)

How about his one, what former NBA player retired 3 years ago, just got a divorce, is notorious for loving the nightlife and would have a connection to Chicago, the trib and Fred Mitchell? Oh he also loves white women but what gay guy doesn't?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 12:57 PM)
How about his one, what former NBA player retired 3 years ago, just got a divorce, is notorious for loving the nightlife and would have a connection to Chicago, the trib and Fred Mitchell? Oh he also loves white women but what gay guy doesn't?

I thought of that but it wouldnt just be a blurp in his column.

The article specifically mentions that the guy didn't play for the Nets or Bulls. I actually went through some rosters from 3-4 years ago, and tried to find as many guys that retired during that span. I'm eagerly anticipating this news over the next 10 days, as it should be very interesting.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Feb 6, 2007 -> 01:15 PM)
I believe he said the player was NOT a former Bulls player anyways...

That's what I get for not reading the Trib. It will likely be a no name guy who was in the league for a few years and had a pretty uneventful career, unless of course Mitchell gave other criteria which would squash this theory which I'm sure he did.