Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

Hmm;

Kidd To Lakers Done? : The Buzz after the Nets loss tonight, has everyone believing Jason Kidd is being traded to the Lakers. Kidd basically told media that he enjoyed his time in New Jersey and fully expects to be traded by the 3pm trade deadline. It’s not clear which side budged on the deal, but informed sources believe Brian Cook, Kwame Brown and Jordan Farmar are coming to New Jersey. The deal is not expected to be announced until tomorrow.

Vince To Orlando Close? : Despite denials by Magic GM Otis Smith, more than a few league sources say Vince Carter may also be on his way out of New Jersey and that the Magic may have put a deal on the table to nab Vince – the exact package is not clear but it is expected that any deal the Magic make involves Carlos Arroyo, Bo Outlaw and possibly JJ Redick. Hedo Turkoglu also makes sense from a salary point of view as well. One informed league sources it would not be surprising to see New Jersey deal Vince for Grant Hill and JJ Redick either. The Magic maintained they were not making changes as of mid-day today.

Gasol Staying Put? : Pau Gasol does not seem headed anywhere. League sources say the Grizzlies simply will not move him for lesser pieces and Chicago has soured on the deal entirely. It’s expected the Grizzlies will hold the line on trades, and wait for the off-season to see if the suitors improve.

Kings To Deal Shareef?: While much of the talk today centered around Mike Bibby, more than one league source indicated that the Bulls were close to a deal to acquire Shareef Abdur-Rahim from Sacramento in exchange for PJ Brown. The deal is not quite the splash of nabbing Pau Gasol, but its believed Chicago sees Shareef as enough of a low post weapon to make the deal… More as these stories develop…

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard Abdur-Rahim for P.J. Brown for a while now. I would actually like that deal, since I don't want to deal Ben or Luol to get Gasol. And I thought the Nets were demanding Bynum in the Kidd trade? Ah well, we'll find out at 2 today (or whatever the hell time 2 PM Central is in your hood, DBAH0 ;))

How could Bynum NOT be the price for Kidd? The Nets are in serious need for a center, and there's nothing else attractive on the Lakers roster that they would trade(Kobe, Odom). If the Nets deal Kidd without getting Bynum, they lost the deal, no matter what.

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 05:11 PM)

Honestly, no matter how good I think Deng will be...if Gasol could have been had for Deng + expiring contracts, I would have made the deal, because the difference between Deng and Noc

That said, I'm still not in the least convinced that the offer didn't already have Gordon on the table and that article was talking about putting Deng in there with Gordon, which is what the Grizz kept talking about for weeks

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)
Honestly, no matter how good I think Deng will be...if Gasol could have been had for Deng + expiring contracts, I would have made the deal, because the difference between Deng and Noc

Well, that's one way to look at it. I look at is like this: Would adding Gasol while subtracting Deng have pushed us any closer to a title? I don't think so. Gasol is good. He's not that good.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 01:17 AM)
Luol Deng>Gasol

Ive been saying it since the beginning. The kid is 21 and has the same numbers, give him some years and we'll see a star.

It's close. Like you said, the kid is 21. He's gotten better ever year. I'm glad Pax didn't buckle under the pressure of having to add a low-post scorer. It makes no sense to weaken yourself in one area to get better in another. The Bulls seem to play better after the break in recent years. If the 'real' Ben Wallace is indeed back, combined with the return of Nocioni and the fact that the Heat are no longer a factor, I like our chances come playoff time.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 02:23 AM)
Andres Nocioni on his best day is about as good as Deng on his worst day, maybe. Trading Deng for Gasol would have been monumentally dumb, if Deng is going Garnett better be coming. Also, nice win tonight vs. the Wiz.

Deng went off again. The kid never ceases to amaze me at some of the little things he does like offensive rebounding and making the extra pass.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
Damn it, Bulls should have won. Pissed another one away. Its ridiculous to think how many games we've lost this season that we should have won.

And that was such a freaking foul on Webber when he got the offensive rebound and tip back for the win.

The pistons are another team that even when they get most of the calls, they complain the whole game. Webber had a pretty blatant offensive foul, but they let them play. Gordon still had a nice open look. We can beat this Pistons team at home for sure, on the road its touch and go.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
The pistons are another team that even when they get most of the calls, they complain the whole game.

Exactly. Despite the fact they get a vast majority of the calls they STILL b**** about everyone they don't get.

God what a f***ing s***ty loss. Could have started 4-0 after the break with 3 big wins in a row and really be starting a nice roll.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:15 PM)
Exactly. Despite the fact they get a vast majority of the calls they STILL b**** about everyone they don't get.

God what a f***ing s***ty loss. Could have started 4-0 after the break with 3 big wins in a row and really be starting a nice roll.

They may still be rolling. We had foul trouble for our two starting guards and still had that game in the end. On the road the Pistons dont get alot of those calls.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:16 PM)
They may still be rolling. We had foul trouble for our two starting guards and still had that game in the end. On the road the Pistons dont get alot of those calls.

Hopefully you are right. And something that I am hopeful about is the fact that we have proven we can play with any team in the East, which is all that really matters until the Finals. :-)

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
Hopefully you are right. And something that I am hopeful about is the fact that we have proven we can play with any team in the East, which is all that really matters until the Finals. :-)

I think the Pistons are the only team that are legit enough to be better than us.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
I think the Pistons are the only team that are legit enough to be better than us.

Ya I agree there, which gives me a lot of hope considering I believe we can give them a great 7 game series.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 08:11 AM)
Bad loss, but realistically, Ben has gotta make that shot at the horn if he wants to be a big time player and this team wants to be a legit title contender.

I was more pissed at the possession two times before that, where Duhon felt it necessary to come down and try and hit a three from the top of the key. Sure, we tied it up on the very next possession, but it was a terrible shot. Open, sure, but for one, it wasn't what you would call 'wide-open' and two Duhon's not 'the guy' in those situations.

Develop quicker, Thabo!