Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN.

Portland Trail Blazers rookie LaMarcus Aldridge is out indefinitely after experiencing dizziness and a rapid heartbeat.

Aldridge played seven minutes in Saturday's loss to the Los Angeles Clippers before he was taken to the hospital. He was initially diagnosed with dehydration, but after he wore a heart monitor for 24 hours, the team asked for additional tests.

The nature of the tests was not revealed.

"We are going to run more tests and get a more accurate diagnosis so we can treat it," Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard said. "That's the biggest thing right now. We're in a ruling-out process."

Travis Outlaw was expected to start in Aldridge's place Wednesday night for Portland's game against the Utah Jazz. Aldridge had taken over the starter's job when Joel Przybilla had season-ending knee surgery.

The Blazers signed center Luke Schenscher for the remainder of the 2006-07 season.

I love how Rip picked a fight due to anger over the beating, and then some Pistons fan threw something at Tyrus, how classy, but typical of Detroit fans. What a great game though, made me feel a lot better, 11 points and 10 boards for Thabo's first career double double (I think first), and most amazing, Tyrus had 13 points and 8 rebounds in TEN MINUTES TOTAL GAME TIME. I've never heard of anything like that. Now, get that #2 seed and avoid Miami and Detroit until playing the winner of their series in the ECF, I hope.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

What an awesome game. This is the type of game you hang your hat on. The Bulls came into Detroit and beat the piss out of them and we did it without Noc, with a sick Tyrus Thomas, and obviously without Big Ben.

Major props go out to Deng (who stepped up in the 2nd half), Hinrich (one of his best games of the season), Tyrus (monster game despite being sick), and of course Sefolosha. Oh PJ had a good game too.

It is the second time we beat around the Pistons in Detroit (too bad the squad blew it the first time around).

Just for the record, the tiebreaker between the Bulls and Cleveland is conference record since they split the 4 head to head games, and the Bulls have a 5.5 game lead in that with 6 to go (Cleveland has 7 left), so in other words, if we tie Cleveland, we get the #2 seed.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
Just for the record, the tiebreaker between the Bulls and Cleveland is conference record since they split the 4 head to head games, and the Bulls have a 5.5 game lead in that with 6 to go (Cleveland has 7 left), so in other words, if we tie Cleveland, we get the #2 seed.

the tiebreaker is divisional record which they clinched last night by going 12-4 vs their division

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)
Is it written in genetic code that if you're born in Detroit, you're a scumbag? Why the f*** were Detroit fans throwing s*** at Tyrus Thomas? Hamilton's a b****, too... following TT around, just kept talkin' smack.

Wouldnt you be salty about living in basically one of the worst cities in the country?

Rip is such a little b****, in fact I feel like the whole Pistons team has gone from that workman-like squad to one that b****es all game about fouls, cries when they dont get the calls, and feels the need to act like Rip did last night.

Cleveland lost tonight t Miami so as of right now we are the 2 seed and we control our own destiny.

Next up:

Bulls-New Jersey

Cavs-Washington WO/Agent00 and Butler.

Not a bad time to get the first win over New jersey this season.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:05 PM)
Thanks for the help Pistons. TOUGH game at Toronto tonight, but if the Bulls pull it off, they are 1 up (which is really like 2 with the tiebreaker of course) with only 4 games to go for Cleveland and us.

It would be really nice to be able to beat the Raptors and Nets which are very likely our first 2 opponents in the playoffs, send a message.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 8, 2007 -> 04:30 PM)
It would be really nice to be able to beat the Raptors and Nets which are very likely our first 2 opponents in the playoffs, send a message.

If we win today, we're a split at New Jersey and at Washington from the #2 seed. I can't see any way we allow either home game left (Charlotte, New York) to slip away, even though those 2 teams have gave us some trouble recently (which isn't a bad thing, keep them focused on that and away from the opponents overall record).

That 2nd half was pretty damn bad. Still control their own destiny with 4 to go, 2 of the 4 being home games against crap, and road games against a team they just beat by 31 and a team without their 2 best players. But man, they seemed to forget their was a 2nd half today.

This is not neccesarily a bad thing. We still control our own destiny and now Toronto has some breathing room against the Heat. They have to lose 3 of their remaining games now to fall behind, they have detroit twice so its still no guarantee but they should be good.

Just when you think an NBA player can't do anything more to make you dislike them...they decide to drive drunk.

Miami Heat forward James Posey was arrested early Monday on a drunken driving charge after an officer pulled him over for stopping in the middle of a road.

Posey had stopped his car on a double-lane Miami Beach road, talking to occupants of other vehicles and pedestrians, police said.

Once out of the car, Posey displayed "bloodshot eyes, slurred speech, and an odor of an alcoholic beverage on his breath," the police report said. The player also was unsteady on his feet and swayed while standing, police said.

Posey was arrested and taken to Miami-Dade County jail. He was later released on $1,000 bond.

Posey was not with the team for practice Monday and it was unknown whether he will fly with the team to Charlotte for its game Tuesday. Heat coach Pat Riley said after practice that the team will wait to collect "all the facts" before making any decisions on Posey's status.

When Miami plays at Charlotte, it will be without center Shaquille O'Neal, who has been excused to attend the funeral for his paternal grandfather.

You know, I think it's only a matter of time before we see someone in one of the major sports in this country actually kill someone while driving drunk. Go Charlotte.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 07:08 PM)
Just when you think an NBA player can't do anything more to make you dislike them...they decide to drive drunk.

You know, I think it's only a matter of time before we see someone in one of the major sports in this country actually kill someone while driving drunk. Go Charlotte.

I hated James Posey before for playing like a b****. Now he goes to further prove that he is a douche off the court as well.