Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 09:53 AM)
Aww the Knicks are whining the Bulls ran up the score last night, how adorable!! Hey guys, how about you don't lose by 30, that way nobody will run up the score on you.

Anyways, 3 more wins and it's #2 seed time.

at least they didnt start a fight with us like they did against denver earlier in the season

that victory was twice as nice clinching home court in round 1 and maintaing our seed

it also helped push NY down in the standings making our pick swapping chances better

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 09:34 AM)
at least they didnt start a fight with us like they did against denver earlier in the season

that victory was twice as nice clinching home court in round 1 and maintaing our seed

it also helped push NY down in the standings making our pick swapping chances better

True, all the teams below knicks yesterday also managed to win, well the majority which helped.

I saw no problem with the game being a blow out, they were trying to get to 100 for the fans for that whole free sandwich somethin like that. Backups wanted to get some points too.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

Roy Hibbert on line 1.......please keep losing Knicks and please help us ping pong balls. Although I've been reading the Bulls would like Julian Wright, but why? He's another forward who we don't know exactly what position he plays. As good a talent as he is and as much as Jimbo would cream himself with Julian on the Bulls, that doesn't fit at all with Tyrus, Luol, Big Ben, and Andres around, plus Thabo can play the 3. P.J. is going to retire, so that's the spot he'd take, but there just aren't minutes for everybody. We HAVE to get a true 4 or 5 who can score, but damn it's going to be hard with where the Bulls are slotted right now.

The one interesting thing though is looking at the squad, even assuming P.J. isn't back, there is almost too much talent to give everybody minutes. Maybe we can trade up a few spots to get a Hibbert or Horford or something like that using somebody we have now *cough Nocioni cough*.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
Hey maybe the NBA can "fix" this lottery and make the bulls a powerhouse.

Did you hear collins is transferring to DePaul? -_-

And I really hope that giangreco on channel 7 is wrong about Wilson Chandler declaring for the draft. Horrible move on his part and bad for DePaul, but there's been conflicting information on what he's gonna do.

Chandler would be a moron to leave. Another year of development along with next years class not being quite as strong and he could be a first round pick without question. Plus he REALLY needs another year of seasoning in college.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 01:06 PM)
Chandler would be a moron to stay. Another year of development along with next years class not being quite as strong and he could be a first round pick without question. Plus he REALLY needs another year of seasoning in college.

huh?

Moron if he stays and needs another year in college?

Wow -- the Bulls are in an amazingly great situation right now. The Knicks -- depending on tiebreakers -- are currently the 6th-8th worst team in the league right now with two games left. It's looking like the Bulls are going to get a top ten pick with a (reasonably) decent shot at winning the lottery. Other than maybe the Wallace contract, this franchise looks to be in a GREAT position to regain dominance in the East (obviously not to the extend of the 90s, but I think you get my point).

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:28 AM)
Wow -- the Bulls are in an amazingly great situation right now. The Knicks -- depending on tiebreakers -- are currently the 6th-8th worst team in the league right now with two games left. It's looking like the Bulls are going to get a top ten pick with a (reasonably) decent shot at winning the lottery. Other than maybe the Wallace contract, this franchise looks to be in a GREAT position to regain dominance in the East (obviously not to the extend of the 90s, but I think you get my point).

I'm extremely happy about our draft position. Just four days ago, before the Knicks losing streak, they held the 10th worst record in the league. Now, the Knicks have quadrupled our probability of winning the lottery.

I wish the Bulls could eclipse Seattle, but with one game remaining against Dallas (and uncertaintly of a tiebreaker), as well as expecting the Knicks to lose two straight, I doubt everything comes together even more than it already has.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 05:59 AM)
I'm extremely happy about our draft position. Just four days ago, before the Knicks losing streak, they held the 10th worst record in the league. Now, the Knicks have quadrupled our probability of winning the lottery.

I wish the Bulls could eclipse Seattle, but with one game remaining against Dallas (and uncertaintly of a tiebreaker), as well as expecting the Knicks to lose two straight, I doubt everything comes together even more than it already has.

Drafting in that 6-8 range would be fine with me -- anything better than that is icing on an already delicious cake. I'm pretty much banking on that pick being a true big guy with an actual post game. Hibbert is a guy I'd love, but Horford would be great too. Wright (NC)? Does he project as a true center? Because -- and I realize he'll fill out a bit -- he reminds me of Tyrus Thomas with a much better post-game. Is Wright projected as a guy who can bang with seven-footers on a nightly basis?