Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:02 PM)
Too bad for Carlisle. He was in a lose/lose situation. He simply didn't have the personel

I was ready to see some kind of change. Hopefully this isn't the only one made this offseason.

I mean, he's a good coach, but he's got to be held somewhat accountable for the problems of the past few years. I know there's no way he can have control over a lot of those things, but a lot of those things shouldn't have ever happened. And someone was going to have take the fall for them.

I love it how ESPN Classic seemingly only shows old Bulls games whenever it shows classic NBA games. They're showing a game from 1996-1997 postseason against the Bullets where Jordan currently has 49 halfway through the fourth quarter.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
I love it how ESPN Classic seemingly only shows old Bulls games whenever it shows classic NBA games. They're showing a game from 1996-1997 postseason against the Bullets where Jordan currently has 49 halfway through the fourth quarter.

Where the hell did espn classic disappear to on my cable??

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
My guess is next year you see Thabo take Duhons rotation spot, and PJ is going to retire IMO, thus you'll see a lot more Tyrus. Of course, the Bulls have a pretty high lottery pick and a couple 2nd rounders too, so keep that in mind.

I'm kind of hoping PJ Brown would come back for a diminished role. He isn't great by any means, but I like what he can add to the team in a smaller role.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Apr 25, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
I'm kind of hoping PJ Brown would come back for a diminished role. He isn't great by any means, but I like what he can add to the team in a smaller role.

Me too. He adds a great vet presence. I could lose fatty mcfat from our bench.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
That's why I'm glad SJax is no longer a Pacer.

Was it the 30 points on 9 of 16 shooting you don't miss, or the 23 points on 9 of 18 in game 1? Or is it the fact Dirk has 37 points on 11 for 31 shooting the first 2 games, mostly with Jackson guarding him. Oh wait, he got kicked out in the 4th, so he has bad charcter. Notorious all league nice guy Baron Davis got kicked out too last night, FYI.

Please, if your going to play Larry Bird here and be glad all the mean black guys are gone, that's fine. But wait for Jackson to actually have a bad game, or the Pacers to make the postseason or find a new coach to do it.

Gosh, I hate when people have personal vendettas against a player.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
Was it the 30 points on 9 of 16 shooting you don't miss, or the 23 points on 9 of 18 in game 1? Or is it the fact Dirk has 37 points on 11 for 31 shooting the first 2 games, mostly with Jackson guarding him. Oh wait, he got kicked out in the 4th, so he has bad charcter. Notorious all league nice guy Baron Davis got kicked out too last night, FYI.

Please, if your going to play Larry Bird here and be glad all the mean black guys are gone, that's fine. But wait for Jackson to actually have a bad game, or the Pacers to make the postseason or find a new coach to do it.

Gosh, I hate when people have personal vendettas against a player.

This has nothing to do about race; I don't know where you got that.

This is him being part of a tag-team that destroyed this franchise, I feel the vendetta is more than warranted.

And saying he has bad character is quite the understatement.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)

This is him being part of a tag-team that destroyed this franchise, I feel the vendetta is more than warranted.

He definitely needed a change of scenery, that being said you guys really did get the bad part of that trade with golden state. Also i dont really blame him for last night because the game was so extremely badly refereed, and Jacksons/Davis first technicals were complete bulls*** too. It was like watching game 3 of the heat vs mavericks last night, except this time everybody on dallas was getting the wade treatment.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:41 PM)

yeah, he says not to have vendettas but then read his comments about schilling in the sock thread

pot--> kettle---> black

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 01:34 PM)
yeah, he says not to have vendettas but then read his comments about schilling in the sock thread

pot--> kettle---> black

If you don't think the blood was fake, I'm not sure what planet your from. It was obvious the night he pitched. That has nothing to do with vendettas. The dude pitched 2 incredible games to get his team to, and help them win, the World Series for the first time in 86 years. He also did it on a really, really bad ankle that everybody knew about. That in itself is amazing, regardless of how I feel about him. Doesn't change how pathetic the fake blood was though.

Oh, and Houston tonight got ZERO points from it's bench, ZERO points from starter Chuck Hayes, and a mere 17 from the combination of Rafer Alston (6) and Shane Battier (11). Not easy to win that way, and it's been a while since I saw an NBA team get 0 bench points in a playoff game. That is one UGLY series to watch, to say the least. And Orlando, wow did they get bad in a hurry since that hot start.