Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 01:12 AM)
sure he's not a scorer, but good defense and rebounding can't hurt us

What are we paying Ben Wallace for? And Tyrus Thomas?

and honestly who's better? Hawes is a 7 footer with no rebounding ability. that guy should have been a defensive freak, and its a huge redflag as an athlete to not dominate people half his own size. Hawes would probably negate his offense by allowing too many people to score on him

Hawes looks like a guy who you might be able to run an offense through in a couple of years. I'm not talking a Shaq like gamechanger here, but he looks like someone who, for short stretches of a game, could help Skiles slow the game down and get Hinrich/Deng/Gordon some open shots. Who cares if his defense isn't great? IMO defense is easier to be taught than offense, and Hawes would be brought into an organization that stresses defense as well as the chance to learn under one of the best post defenders of the past decade.

And I don't buy the fact that Hawes couldn't help the Bulls next year. From the (admittedly) little I've seen of him, it looks like he has above average footwork for a big man and a nice touch (somebody who's seen him more, correct me if I'm wrong). For God's sakes, Skiles went to Michael f***ing Sweetney in the Detroit series because he was looking for scoring down low. You're telling me Hawes couldn't grab five-ten minutes per game to get some touches and slow down the game?

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
I bet in a year we'll all be thanking Paxon for this pick

sure he's not a scorer, but good defense and rebounding can't hurt us

and with Tyrus Thomas a year older maybe he will develop into a low-post threat

and honestly who's better? Hawes is a 7 footer with no rebounding ability. that guy should have been a defensive freak, and its a huge redflag as an athlete to not dominate people half his own size. Hawes would probably negate his offense by allowing too many people to score on him

so even if Noah doesn't 100% fulfill our needs, he was the best pick to take

So is Sefalosha going to become a stunningly accurate jump-shooter, as well? One year doesn't make you a different player.

Like I said, I think Noah is a good player. But the Bulls get scoring out of two players, for the most part, and both are due extensions soon. Suppose you extend both, you keep drafting mid to low and using your midlevel exception -- do you really think that wins any championships?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
So is Sefalosha going to become a stunningly accurate jump-shooter, as well? One year doesn't make you a different player.

well Tyrus is a year more experienced

he already showed that in his best moments he can be a 20-10 guy, so being a year more experienced his best moments will come out more often and consistently

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:30 PM)
Ant sign of Steven A. Smiths cheesy poofs yet this year?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
I hope Stephen A. eats some cheese doodles.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
Quite possibly the greatest video ever.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:35 PM)
well Tyrus is a year more experienced

he already showed that in his best moments he can be a 20-10 guy, so being a year more experienced his best moments will come out more often and consistently

Now, I loved the Tyrus Thomas pick, don't get me wrong. But, I don't buy this at all. A few 20 point games doesn't mean anything. It's not like a high-90s fastball -- just because it was there once doesn't mean you can recreate it. (When did he have a 20-10 game, anyway? I can't find one in the game log.)

Which is fine -- Thomas is good at what he does. But what he does is not scoring.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:46 PM)
I hate the Gray pick. But Curry and Noah....YES.

Why? Noah is just another big that is so bad on offense the opponent doesn't even have to guard him, and Curry is an undersized guard with a history of off the court issues.

What are the odds Skiles ends up beating Noah's ass? I keep hearing how Noah is such a perfect Skiles sort of player which is true since he plays hard and leaves it all on the floor but how will his smug, arrogant, outspoken personality set with Scott Skiles/Ben Wallace?

In the 2nd round with the 49th overall pick I dont know how people can "laugh" at the Aaron Gray pick. For where we got him thats an excellent pick. Also I am very high on JamesOn Curry, I think he can be a pretty damn good player in the NBA.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 10:54 PM)
In the 2nd round with the 49th overall pick I dont know how people can "laugh" at the Aaron Gray pick. For where we got him thats an excellent pick. Also I am very high on JamesOn Curry, I think he can be a pretty damn good player in the NBA.

Watching Aaron Gray makes me laugh.

FWIW, Hawes only averaged something like 6.4 rebounds this season, which many people thought were a big "red flag" for him.

So I mean I think there's more of a chance Hawes will bust then Noah. Yes Noah's probably not starting material, but he'll give you instant energy off the bench in that Varejao role, and who knows, he may develop some offense arount the rim. But right now, I still think LaMarcus Aldridge should have been the Bulls pick last season, because he offers more of what the Bulls need right now than Thomas, you've got Noah to play the Thomas role.

And if you don't pick either of those 2, who do you go for? The draft really dropped off after the 1st 8 or so picks IMHO. So Pax was stuck in a "no win" situation, unless he traded the pick for say Zach Randolph.