Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Now, I loved the Tyrus Thomas pick, don't get me wrong. But, I don't buy this at all. A few 20 point games doesn't mean anything. It's not like a high-90s fastball -- just because it was there once doesn't mean you can recreate it. (When did he have a 20-10 game, anyway? I can't find one in the game log.)

Which is fine -- Thomas is good at what he does. But what he does is not scoring.

alright he had a 23-9 and a 27-8, which is pretty good

I agree that he won't have games like that every night, but we atleast know he can score more than the 5.2 he averaged

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
You know who did...Adam f***ing Haluska. BOOO YA :cheers

Haluska is my friend's cousin, so I was happy for him. And I think Noah, Hawes, Gray, and Jason Smith will all suck btw.....Bulls needed to either trade down or take the risk of making a slight reach and taking a guy like Stuckey or Thornton.

I'm hoping Haluska can turn into a Fred Hoiberg/Jason Kapono type player.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:21 PM)
Banner time:

"2nd round pick 2007 nba draft"

Don't forget the *clap clap clap*. Don't worry, I got nothing else to be proud of right now. We lost our super star recruits that were coming in and our freshman sensation. Its gonna be a few years till anything good happens with basketball and the University of Iowa.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
2 years in a row that I despised our 1st picks.

You know I LOVED and I mean LOVED the Tyrus Thomas pick (well... trade). He is a stud. I DISLIKE the Noah pick. But I have warmed up to it since now. Pax just said he is probably a future center whereas Tyrus is more of a Power Forward if both fill out. Right now...

Noah PF/C

Thomas SF/PF

I'm not against this pick. I would have HATED the Hawes pick so luckaly we didn't get him. God damn I think the Bobcats f***ed us up. I have a gut feeling that we would have taken B. Wright (who I LOVE) instead and maybe even Gasol instead of Gray. (I really, really like Curry, somwhat don't trust his character though)

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 11:49 PM)
I was very glad to see both Wilson Chandler (23rd) and Sammy Mejia (57th) drafted.

Ditto. IMO Chandler is also gonna be a stud. HUGE potential. It just sickens me he's with the Kincks.

I'll also say this. IMO, I don't think Noah will be here long. I see potential trade bait.

Edited by SoxAce

Chandler is a talented head case, he'll fight right in with the Knicks. I could see him ending up a really good ballplayer though. And I agree with Ace on Hawes, the fact Noah might be traded, and the fact I think we were going to take Brandan Wright and Charlotte messed us up.

I curse Michael for taking Wright just before us! Just kidding. Anyway, I'm not 'crazy' about Noah. But he was, IMO, the best player left. He's got obvious strengths, to go along with obvious weaknesses. I promised myself after the 2003 draft (I hated the Hinrich pick at the time) that I would always give a drafted player a chance before I truly judge him. So for now, welcome to Chicago, Joakim!

Aaron Gray Reminds me of Baby Huey.

Edited by Jordan4life_2007

Wow....Golden State not only got rid of Jrich's contract and got Brandon Wright but they also get a 10 mill trade exception from the bobcats.

Geeze, talk about a terrible f***ing deal by Jordan.

Also, apparently Yi is demanding a trade from the Bucks. I wonder if the Bulls liked him or not.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 10:17 AM)
Where did you hear about a 10M trade exception?

I found it on realgm but it is from an article in the San Francisco Chronicle.

Here's the snippet:

Along with Brandan Wright, the Warriors also acquired a $10 million trade exception from the Bobcats, they now become a major player in this summer's trade market. The Warriors now have the ability to absorb contracts up to $10 million while offering a team instant financial relief.

This could of course lead to another deal.

Chris Mullin acknowledged speaking to the Timberwolves this week, presumably about Kevin Garnett. [READ]

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
Also, apparently Yi is demanding a trade from the Bucks. I wonder if the Bulls liked him or not.

Paxson was on the radio this morning and said when deciding who to take at #9 they had three guys in mind. Noah, Hawes and Yi. If Yi hits the trade block due to pressure from the Chinese government I could definitely see Paxson making a push for him.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)
Paxson was on the radio this morning and said when deciding who to take at #9 they had three guys in mind. Noah, Hawes and Yi. If Yi hits the trade block due to pressure from the Chinese government I could definitely see Paxson making a push for him.

I would assume us and golden state would be the 2 major players for him.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 28, 2007 -> 07:01 PM)
I can't get my validation mail from Talk Bulls to send, anyone want to help me out.

None of the sites do easy self-validation anymore. The spammers are just rediculous anymore and we have to hand approve every single new account. It takes an admin to go review the new requests which are usually 99% spammers.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 12:32 PM)

I hated the Noah pick by Pax. Absolutely hated it. That is until I saw their other two picks. I think Hawes is very comparable to Gray and the two could be somewhat similar from watching them play. Also Curry was a great talent pick. I like what Pax did there honesty.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
Thanks, I like the deal for Charlotte without the 10M exception, as Charlotte was dying for a SG to place with Felton, Wallace, Okafor etc in the lineup and Davidson is a poor man's Brandan Wright.

Gerald Wallace is now a free agent. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2917333