Official 2006-2007 NBA Discussion Thread

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 01:32 PM)
Paxson was on the radio this morning and said when deciding who to take at #9 they had three guys in mind. Noah, Hawes and Yi. If Yi hits the trade block due to pressure from the Chinese government I could definitely see Paxson making a push for him.

Who would the Bucks want, though? Not Noah, given that he raised the same issues that Yi raised. I'd love to get him, but I don't see how we'd match up.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 02:56 AM)
Wow....Golden State not only got rid of Jrich's contract and got Brandon Wright but they also get a 10 mill trade exception from the bobcats.

Geeze, talk about a terrible f***ing deal by Jordan.

Also, apparently Yi is demanding a trade from the Bucks. I wonder if the Bulls liked him or not.

They could really set themselves up to be a MAJOR player for the West if they can handle things right this off-season.

Garnett would be a major target obviously, but I also think they may make a run at Rashard Lewis. They could also offer Monta Ellis and a future first for Yi (assuming Mo Williams leaves the Bucks).

How would a lineup of Davis, Jackson, Lewis, Al Harrington and Biedrins with Yi, Beldrelli, Matt Barnes on the bench etc. look? Pretty dangerous.

Also if you're looking to acquire a big on the cheap, go after Patrick O' Bryant. He's got no future whatsoever with the Warriors while Don Nelson is there, and he could be had cheaply. The Warriors could need a backup PG such as Chris Duhon if Ellis was traded for Yi, so you could maybe try to work a Duhon for O'Bryant deal with other pieces included.

And how do Portland look right now? They're going to buy out Stevie Franchise (oh how the mighty have fallen), Darius Miles will probably retire, and they're loaded at a lot of positions, especially at the PG with Jack, Sergio Rodriguez and Petteri Koponen (I think that's his name?). Add in Brandon Roy, Martrell Webster and Rudy Fernandez at the swingman spots, with Aldridge and Oden down low, man oh man are they loaded.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 29, 2007 -> 09:57 PM)
They could really set themselves up to be a MAJOR player for the West if they can handle things right this off-season.

Garnett would be a major target obviously, but I also think they may make a run at Rashard Lewis. They could also offer Monta Ellis and a future first for Yi (assuming Mo Williams leaves the Bucks).

How would a lineup of Davis, Jackson, Lewis, Al Harrington and Biedrins with Yi, Beldrelli, Matt Barnes on the bench etc. look? Pretty dangerous.

Also if you're looking to acquire a big on the cheap, go after Patrick O' Bryant. He's got no future whatsoever with the Warriors while Don Nelson is there, and he could be had cheaply. The Warriors could need a backup PG such as Chris Duhon if Ellis was traded for Yi, so you could maybe try to work a Duhon for O'Bryant deal with other pieces included.

And how do Portland look right now? They're going to buy out Stevie Franchise (oh how the mighty have fallen), Darius Miles will probably retire, and they're loaded at a lot of positions, especially at the PG with Jack, Sergio Rodriguez and Petteri Koponen (I think that's his name?). Add in Brandon Roy, Martrell Webster and Rudy Fernandez at the swingman spots, with Aldridge and Oden down low, man oh man are they loaded.

Duhon wouldn't get any burn with the Warriors since he can't shoot and that goes against Chris Mullin's philosophy.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 30, 2007 -> 06:36 PM)
Duhon wouldn't get any burn with the Warriors since he can't shoot and that goes against Chris Mullin's philosophy.

And by burn, he means marijuana. :bang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:21 PM)
Rashard Lewis agrees to sign with Orlando. 5 yrs, 75 million. Magic are going to let Darko walk. Get him Pax!

Kapono to the Raps. 4 yrs, 24 million. WAY too much.

Hmmm. Well right now I'm hoping we can trade Hedo Turkloglu for say Golden State's trade exemption, to open up cap - room to re-sign Darko.

Lewis was our 1st priority and it's good to have him. He'll seriously open up the court for Dwight. Darko's agent thinks he could get 60/6, I don't think he's going to get that unless a team gets desperate. But I'd like for him to stay.

But Milicic could be a VERY good option for Chicago. He's just got to be used right.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:27 PM)
Hmmm. Well right now I'm hoping we can trade Hedo Turkloglu for say Golden State's trade exemption, to open up cap - room to re-sign Darko.

Lewis was our 1st priority and it's good to have him. He'll seriously open up the court for Dwight. Darko's agent thinks he could get 60/6, I don't think he's going to get that unless a team gets desperate. But I'd like for him to stay.

But Milicic could be a VERY good option for Chicago. He's just got to be used right.

I would absolutely love to have Darko here. My god, it would just be a fantastic signing.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:35 PM)
If he wants the MLE...

I'll honestly be shocked if he settles for that. 40/5, or 50/6 is what I see him ending up getting. There are just not many bigs around with the skill level that he has, and he showed quite a bit when Brian Hill actually used him as a starter.

I thought Toronto would really go after him, but since they've signed Kapono (for once Colangelo what were you thinking there?) they're probably out of the race. I'm worried the Heat might make a run at Darko now since they've missed out on Lewis.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:45 PM)
So who do you see the Bulls going after with their MLE besides Darko then?

Mihm is a possibility, but he wants the full MLE which I wouldn't give him if it was up to me. Joe Smith is another name, I like him more than Mihm.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:45 PM)
So who do you see the Bulls going after with their MLE besides Darko then?

Melvin Ely, Chris Mihm, Corliss Williamson, Jamaal Magloire, Joe Smith, and Marc Jackson.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:17 AM)
So Noah has a partial tear in his shoulder?

Great. Just great.

:huh

I haven't heard anyone suggest that it's a big deal, nor that it's news. I mean, of course it'd be better if it weren't there, but why do you think it'll even be a problem?

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 01:35 AM)
:huh

I haven't heard anyone suggest that it's a big deal, nor that it's news. I mean, of course it'd be better if it weren't there, but why do you think it'll even be a problem?

He's skipping both summer leagues because of it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 02:35 AM)
He's skipping both summer leagues because of it.

Okay, but the Bulls knew about the injury before the draft, and I haven't seen anyone too concerned about the injury before now. The summer leagues are nice and all, but...well, I really don't see any big difference whether or not he's playing. When he starts missing practices at the start of the season, then I'll worry.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 04:35 PM)
Melvin Ely, Chris Mihm, Corliss Williamson, Jamaal Magloire, Joe Smith, and Marc Jackson.

The only name that is really exciting on that list is Magloire, IF, he can get back to that form he showed a few seasons back.

Hence why I thought trading for a young talented big such as O'Bryant would be a good idea. He won't contribute for a few seasons, but the Bulls can mould, and he could provide the low post need you desperately need. He got compared to Brad Daugherty before the draft IIRC.

As for ninetrain's thoughts on Duhon (I think that was you, can't be bothered going back), well that is true about Duhon's shooting ability, but the Warriors could need a backup PG still if Ellis was traded in a package for Yi. Or, the Bulls could trade their 1st rounder next season for him, if the Warriors would accept that deal, because you're not likely to get a better big in the 20's.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 01:57 AM)
The only name that is really exciting on that list is Magloire, IF, he can get back to that form he showed a few seasons back.

Hence why I thought trading for a young talented big such as O'Bryant would be a good idea. He won't contribute for a few seasons, but the Bulls can mould, and he could provide the low post need you desperately need. He got compared to Brad Daugherty before the draft IIRC.

As for ninetrain's thoughts on Duhon (I think that was you, can't be bothered going back), well that is true about Duhon's shooting ability, but the Warriors could need a backup PG still if Ellis was traded in a package for Yi. Or, the Bulls could trade their 1st rounder next season for him, if the Warriors would accept that deal, because you're not likely to get a better big in the 20's.

Well, Williamson is the best low post scorer available and I'd love to have him. Ely is also very athletic, but didn't get much playing time with the Spurs, and if IIRC, he was averaging about 10 points when he demanded the trade from the Bobcats.

If I was Pax, I'd go Milicic, Williamson, Smith, Mihm, Ely, and Magloire, in that order.

Edited by SoxFan1